Search For The Mothman

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Beets, Dec 5, 2005.

1. Beets

Beets Well-Known Member

Well going back for hundreds and hundreds of years there has been myths of a winged like creature that appears moth before tragic accident's happen such as Bridge collapses, earthquakes, hurricane's. The sheer sight of this winged beast fills you with terror. There has been a movie made about one such case that occured in Point Pleasant, West Virginia called "The Mothman Prophecies" It gives you the in's and out of this creature and how it warns you of future events (accidents) are going to take place. This is not made up and is beleived to be very true although no physical evidence has been uncovered to prove this/these beings exist materially, that doesnt mean to say that we can see them. Do you beleive in such being's? Whats your opinion on this matter?

My Opinion
    Well I beleive as I think its pretty niave of us not to beleive so what if we cant see them. There is millions of things that exist that we never see Oxygen, RadioWaves any other kind of invisible object. I think us as a race are also pretty niave and have a lot of evolving to do.

Useful Links
    Code:
    http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=mothman&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

2. beatsta

beatsta Well-Known Member

How do you know it's not made up when theres been no evidence to support it?

3. Mcal

Mcal Well-Known Member

yo that movie scared me so much idc what u guys think but that was one of the freakiest movies ive ever seen

edit: everytime i see red during the night i think of the mothman

4. SponX

SponX Well-Known Member

Thing is there is no actual photo of it, after all these years... Its a mith.

5. Beets

Beets Well-Known Member

Just becoz it's a myth and there is no actual proof other than eyewitness accounts it's unlikely that over 300 ppl will report seeing it in a 4, 5 month period. Scientits used to beleive that no creatures would be able to exist at the bottom of the deepest ocean but when we got down there we discovered a vast amount of creatures. If your skeptical thats all well and good doesnt hurt anyone but at the same time you should keep an open mind.

6. ikikwe

ikikwe Member

I read a book about this creature once. He did orginate in Point Pleasant. He is incredibly interesting. I've never heard anything about appearing before horrible things though. Cool none the less.

7. Beets

Beets Well-Known Member

Thats wrong it didnt originate in Point Pleasant it has been seen in other places through out the world for hundreds of years before that. The creature has appeared in cave paintings going as far back as the ancient babelonians.

8. DiabloDj1

DiabloDj1 Well-Known Member

I like the Chupacabra the best :D
    but this is interestin..never heard of it..

9. .Apocalypse

.Apocalypse Well-Known Member

Just becoz it's a myth and there is no actual proof other than eyewitness accounts it's unlikely that over 300 ppl will report seeing it in a 4, 5 month period. Scientits used to beleive that no creatures would be able to exist at the bottom of the deepest ocean but when we got down there we discovered a vast amount of creatures. If your skeptical thats all well and good doesnt hurt anyone but at the same time you should keep an open mind. [/b][/quote]
    people can see anything they want when they are dumbwitted

eye wittnesses don't mean much when you are dealing with a subject that defines all science.

10. Toph4er

Toph4er Well-Known Member

heh havent heard of it myself...call the myth busters at discovery channel :P

11. 5dowN

5dowN Well-Known Member

this is like people seeing and hearing things when theyre alone or in the dark

12. souli

souli New Member

beets, u have a great mind :P u know what? beets is right, what we cant see doesnt mean that it isnt real, we have air, and centuries ago we didnt know how we breathed or anything, until we developed instruments to study air, think about it, there could be ghosts and such, we have simple technology to find them, but the mothman... we just need to find the right device to find it, its not like because we cant see it it doesnt exist

think about it....
    for all you religious ppl, we believe in a god. even though we cant see god we beleive in god, its all faith... we dont need physical proof for anything, as long as we know its there... its there

13. Beets

Beets Well-Known Member

Exactly we need more members on here like yourself not so closed-minded you basically said everything in there that I could you hit it right on the button.

14. 440fronte

440fronte Well-Known Member

Ive seen the movie, must say it was one of the intresting creepy ones.

Buuuuuut, I will not go as far as saying that this exists, and as apoc said, eyewitnesses most of the time lie(subconciously) about what they saw because of the panic.

15. alkajazz

alkajazz Well-Known Member

MYTH