Screwed?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by frontmill, Nov 24, 2006.

1. Sniper001

Sniper001 Legen-wait for it-dary!

When I joined, I only bought tags for learning or wearing rights, I don't even remember full rights to be honest lol.
    That was back in the day of grunge and all those old styles though.

2. mikeyn

mikeyn Member

but part of the attraction to this site for new members is the fact that there is the 'challenge' of acquiring enough credits to get the thing that they want. When they do get it, they feel better about it. Also, people who make great sigs that they're not going to use, can sell them, and have something rather than nothing.

3. frontmill

frontmill Senior Member

The problem is that some people started to make sigs to sell them. Thats the point where it went wrong in the beginning. People used to make sigs for themselves or even for other people. But that soon turned in to a "commercial business".

4. FM Lawlhalla

FM Lawlhalla Senior Member

exactly.

it went ok till some sigs now so called tags, went over 1000
    and the tutorial selling was hell in first place.

5. Fineant

Fineant Senior Member

Yea i agree...lets bring old gr back *wish* омg

-BORДТ

lol i also remember Sniper001 , he always asked someone to make him a car sig :lol:

6. scarletham

scarletham Well-Known Member

I remember those days, and you could buy giant packs of tutorials/sigs for 200ish : \

7. Scooby.05

Scooby.05 Senior Member

People started to want more for whatever they did, others wanted more to be able to afford the high prices, those who charged more realized people would do about anything to get credits so they sold them. The more talented designers from other sites realized this, so they came here with their new styles/better sigs and sold them for a lot using their rating to back it, then sold those credits. It's a cycle that would've happened in just about any site like GR.

At this point, I don't see a way to get back to the old GR. I remember I was ecstatic when I made my first grand in credits two summers ago, now a grand is chump change. Things have just evolved so much that you can't really go back.

8. zabiMARU.

zabiMARU. Well-Known Member

well it all works out.

you buy stuff for more, and sell it for more.

so something that was 10 credits a year ago and sold for 100,

would now be bought for 100 credits and sold for 1000.

9. frontmill

frontmill Senior Member

result is: no (good) tutorials for the "starters", which causes they cant become good enough to make their own creds. So they start posting spam posts like: good job on that tag!, Nicely done! and I like it!.

10. }SoC{ Titan

}SoC{ Titan Well-Known Member

We're "selfish" by nature. To not be selfish is a discipline. We should all take part in it.

11. frontmill

frontmill Senior Member

Haha, i dont totally agree with that. Why do you help your neighbour mowing the lawn? Because he might return the favour, and because you like to be liked. Why do some people go to africa to cure poor people? Because they dont have to cope with a debt feeling then. I think 99% of what we do is out of self-intrerest....

12. .Apex

.Apex Well-Known Member

GR used to be great to come and learn soemthing new, i used to be at thi sother Gaming site with a small GFX section and i would come here and leanr something new and even though most of them wouldnt appreciate new styles cause they were so far up thier own ass's a few of them really wanted to learn and followed me here. each time i visited there would be a new free tutorial that everyone used to talk about. I then stop GFX and want to get back into it but everything is too expensive now, tutorials, psds anything that can be sold is sold. Ive now given up on credits and GFX because of the inflation of credits. The mods do all they can, they inforce the rules and thats fair enough. You can't tell people to give away free tutorials because most people are as greedy as each other. BTW the mod you are talking about was Guiness77 i think. Great guy. GR is just getting bigger and expect it to get worse, its all about money now and we shld have expected it, because as the site got bigger the more greedy people would have got the more credits in circulation, the more real money spent and then everything just gets more expensive here. its annoying because people who start here dont have anyway to make credits. People who want to learn GFX now cant because they cant afford to buy the tutorials so they cant improve on thier skills and because of the state of credits you dont even get a credit each time you post now so they don't get credits that way. its a shame but eventually because of this, i believe this site could die. The people with the high amount of credits are always getting better and will and have started moving onto expert GFX sites and there credits stay with thier accounts. People are giving thier ideas to stop the inflation of credits but ideas are running dry.

Now to dem, i am with you 100% when talking about sigs, tutorials, large artwork etc. people need to give a reason why it isnt this, a tutorial that is free is free and people should grateful however the result is, they are good enough to give it for free so why complain, sure complain if you paid by all means but if its free? cmon contructive critism is the only critism needed and wanted by anyone, there are few who give it nowadays. We all need to do our parts to get this community back to its best and i know i will. We are the only ones who can fix it and we are the only ones who can ruin it, so its up to us which way we go.

13. FM Lawlhalla

FM Lawlhalla Senior Member

i think i made him one o_O

14. +Gotham

+Gotham Well-Known Member

I guess there weren't any. I've been here a long time and no mods ever took advantage of anything.

Times changed, members changed.

15. .Apex

.Apex Well-Known Member

none of them take advantage of it, they wouldnt be mod that long if they did. However some of them are credit hungry same as any of the members, and why not they are still here for the same reasons as us, they arent here just to mod the forum