Screwed?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by frontmill, Nov 24, 2006.

1. frontmill

frontmill Senior Member

When i joined this website, it was a paradise for every ps-er from beginner to ---. People shared tuts for free, gave out psd's for learning rights for free, en just donated creds to people if they really wanted something. It was like heaven. People also often sold signatures for full right. I remember 1 time, some mod (a dutch one, fogot his name, the only thing i remember he left because he has the same opinion as i do now) bought a signature for a 150 creds, and gave it away for free, this was incredible news, alot of people we're talking about it, it was insane someone bought a sig for 150 creds, and even more insane he gave it away for free. These were great times.

Unfortunately, it changed. People became more greedy, credits became more important, and 1000 creds became a regular price for a signature. I really think GR is screwed up. Nothing against the mods or shaggy, you're doing a great job, (except for the fact that some of you are just as greedy as the members).

How did this all happen? can anyone tell me, and what could we do about it. Cause GR isn't half as much fun as it used to be.

regards,

Marco

2. Iced

Iced Well-Known Member

I don't have much credits ;)

3. +Gotham

+Gotham Well-Known Member

Name some.

4. .HaVoC.

.HaVoC. ┌∩┐(-_-)┌∩┐

i agree with u

i still sell sigs full rights for 10 credits in my shop (even if they do suck lol)
    <a href=\'http://www.gamerenders.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=187196\' target=\'_blank\'>http://www.gamerenders.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=187196</a>

5. Stealth09

Stealth09 Well-Known Member

I do remember that, I remember Scott's tutorial was bought for 5k and sold @ 100 each. That was probably a turning point IMO.. I think that was a major turning point, but I can't really say when it hapened.

But honestly, people get too worked up over creds now, sure thier nice to have, but GR has basically become ebay.

6. dementia

dementia Well-Known Member

Wanna know why tutorials are sold now?

People didn't feel like saying 'thanks' or giving a single -rep for people hours worth of work in writing the tutorial. Hell, I've seen some people complain that the free tutorial outcome and techniques were nothing special and that they wasted their time reading, etc.

People feeling unappreciated for their hours of work led them to want something back, and since people weren't giving it willingly, they decided to sell them for credits so that they get something for their work, and they are generally more appreciated. I personally have earned more rep SELLING tutorials then I have releasing equally as well written and an equally as nice of an outcome tutorial for free.

7. Stealth09

Stealth09 Well-Known Member

That is true.... A lot of people are very unappreciative of people's work when it goes for free.

8. kirbir

kirbir Senior Member

Agreed, even though i still give ALOT of my work out for free, also i have over 20 tutorials i have posted for free in the tutorial section. I also give most of my credits out and give psd's/tutorials to others to sell as their own work wasnt selling. I try to help out as much as i can but i dont always get appreciated for it.

Also i sell things because you now need an insane amount of them just to buy something good nowadays.

9. Red Alert

Red Alert Senior Member

credits got out of hand IMO when the durial sprite tutorial was sold for 400 or 500 a piece and the fact that alot of ppl bought it so other people started to raise their prices. It was the real start of overpriced tuts

10. Phainted

Phainted Well-Known Member

Thats the jist of it....

I've seen people get rep for selling tut than giving them out.

But dem said it all.

11. CorruptCop

CorruptCop Well-Known Member

the old gr was fun. i do miss my old Premium account.. whatever. dementia is basically right.

12. frontmill

frontmill Senior Member

Yes, that might be one of the reasons. So those idiot people who take stuff without saying thanks, its their fault. I've never taken anything free without saying thanks, my parents told me to ;)

13. Greasy Pete

Greasy Pete Senior Member

i think it happened when a whole bunch of new people came and jacked up their prices

14. Fineant

Fineant Senior Member

Yea those were awesome times , dont worry i had another acc..

15. Morv

Morv Well-Known Member

When i joined a really good sig could be bought for 40 creds lol.