School Portfolio

Discussion in 'Website Design and Coding' started by Escoda, Mar 3, 2009.

1. Escoda

Escoda Well-Known Member

Hey guys,

First of all I want to say that pretty much everything I used and am inspired from is from DA, everything is used for non-commercial rights and all original owners have been notified by this. Because I do not want to be accused of ripping anything!

I've been working on my portfolio for school lately but I don't know if there's anything that should be corrected or redone:
    [​IMG]

What do you guys think?

Feedback is the most handiest on DA:
    http://mrxen0.deviantart.com/art/Portfolio-Layout-114835241

Things I know I need to fix:
    - Copyright thing, looks sh-t.

And as a little side note; I'm going to continue to making these websites.. I'm going make this my study next year, but I need to show what I can first ofcourse, but I need to make my own good layout and than code it. Really like doing things like these.

Thanks in advance!

2. .c1

.c1 Well-Known Member

The blue + white/silver is really bright on the eyes

3. Shadow

Shadow his name... was Boner!

I agree the glow is a little too much. Also the top part just looks like it's missing something. Maybe add a header or something?

The font looks good, which one did you use?

4. }SoC{SainT

}SoC{SainT Well-Known Member

Commented on dA for ya :)

5. Escoda

Escoda Well-Known Member

Thanks guys, will take all of this with me when I start working on another design. Just doing more and more designs to try and improve myself so I can make the best portfolio I currently am able of.

6. inverse

inverse Banned from GR

Increase the padding on the main content box, so the image isn't so close to the top. Also, with the background image, make the size of the pattern much smaller, and remove the gradient, so it's a dark pattern on a black background. Will make it seem less overwhelmingly bright, and make the content stand out better. stand out better.

Also, pick a font that scales better. By the looks of it, its a Truetype font? In which case you probably wouldn't want to use it in a coded site, as most people won't have it installed.