Scar/bruise/scab Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DarthSomething, Mar 28, 2008.

1. DarthSomething

DarthSomething Well-Known Member

Ok. Most of you get this. You pick a scar bruise or scab, etc that you have and you post how you got it.

Go.

I'll post my 3rd degree burn story later. :P

2. Majin

Majin Senior Member

The cut that stretches up my left shin.
    While practicing Parkour in my old schools auditorium, i had been positioning a table parallel to a ledge at a window (roughly in level with the table give or take an inch) and doing a kong(run towards the table hands land on table i throw my body through my arms) to precision(land on the ledge duh). I progressively got further and further back until i the gap between the table and ledge was roughly 8ft long. I ran up kong'd over the table and landed on the ledge with one foot but instantly felt myself lose balance and my leg slipped off the ledge and i smacked my shin which such force it shattered my leg wide open and let blood pour for hours.

An hour after the accident:
    [​IMG]

3. Mortified Penguin

Mortified Penguin Senior Member

That is awesome Maj. I try and do some Parkour but I kinda suck. Props to you for keeping it going though.

4. Majin

Majin Senior Member

Thank you MP. If your intrested this a link to a small minute longer sampler of my winter training. Click here, no your not going to be rick roll'd.

5. Mortified Penguin

Mortified Penguin Senior Member

Can I trust a Youtube link? Hmm...Rick Rolling doesn't bother me so may as well.

EDIT: Some nice stuff there Maj. Looking forward to seeing more.

6. Zohair

Zohair Formerly zohBOT

Ouch that must've hurt!

7. froli94

froli94 Well-Known Member

i dont have a picture but i was playing guitar one day ... more like playing with my guitar, wrapping my pinky on the bottom (thinnest) string, and the strap (Crappy one) just unhooked on one side and the guitar was falling and my finger basicly got almost cut in half...thank god for bones...
    it's a heavy guitar, flying V i just got...stupid thing is made out of dam metal...hence why i play metal with it hahahah...

8. kirbir

kirbir Senior Member

ooo k, i have a scar on my forehead from when i was like 2 or something lol.

I was at my aunties house with my mum and sat on a deck chair, well i kinda sat a bit too far back, the chair collapsed on me and i went smack bang onto the concrete floor, hehe.

I also have a scar thats a little on my chin, right down the right hand side of my neck.

I got that whilst walking to my sisters house from my boyfriends.. anyway, theres this really nasty dog that lives on a road on the way to her house, well it started barking at me, i was like.. meh, stfu.. anyway it started to chase me down the road, lol.. at the time there were no lights on, on that road, was very dark and willow park were building a cresh, the fencing was bent right over (was basically on the road) and i went running right into it, the spikes on the top of the fencing cut down my chin, down my neck and partly onto my right shoulder, pulled an earring out and ripped through my top. Went to the doctors the day after as i refused to go to the hospital, he told me it wouldn't scar, lying sob he is, lol.

9. greentunic

greentunic Well-Known Member

um let's see

I have a scar on my right eyebrow, so there's a little spot with no hair. I got it when I was six. I was playing with a plastic toy boomerang that I thought was awesome. I threw it a few times, but it wouldn't come back. Then I finally got it to come back once, and I jumped to catch it, but it wacked me on the eyebrow. It was bleeding a bunch, and I cried, and I had to get stitches. They gave me a batman band-aid at the hospital to put over the stitches though, so it was all good. :)

10. DarthSomething

DarthSomething Well-Known Member

Haha, nice tunic. And Kirbs, that sounds incredibly painful about the fence. o.o

Well I'm in free period so I have time to write my whole burn story now. Woo. Long post..

In fifth grade I was home alone with my brother after school because my dad was at work and my mom was with my sister helping her get fabric to make a costume for the high school play. I normally have pasta after school and before volleyball, so I was like, dang, I need to have a snack, but my parents weren't home. I called my mom and asked her if I could make spaghetti while she was gone if I was careful, and she said okay, but she really didn't like the idea. I assured it would be fine, I mean what would happen? I wasn't going to burn down our house.

I put the pot on to boil, and make the pasta. I grab some pot holders and carry the pot to the sink. I put it on the edge of the sink and let go so I can readjust my grip, but the pot slipped back and all the boiling hot water poured onto my legs and the pot landed on my thighs and seared them. ( I was wearing mesh basketball shorts).

I scream bloody murder and rip the clothes off and get in the tub and turned on the cold water. My brother, who was only in 6th grade at the time, called the EMS and asked them what to do. They said to put ice in the tub, so he did that. He called my mom and for some reason I panicked and got on the other line and started screaming in pain, which sent my mom into a panic because my brother accidentally hung up, and I did as well. She called 911 and had the police, the fire department, and the ambulance come to our house. She got there from the other side of town before the EMS.... Sad really.

So they take me to the hospital and look over the burns. About 70% of my thigh has 2nd degree and two four inch by one inch third degree burn spots where the pot landed. I was in the hospital for 8 days, and thankfully, I didn't need skin grafting. They did a lot cleaning that involved scrapers and other nasty shiznit, and I won't go into that.

I had laser treatment to reduce the scarring, which is cool.

I got a wheelchair for a few weeks though, and I learned how to do a wheely. Seems like a fair trade to me. :P

11. steez

steez Banned from GR

i was skating on a pedestrian bridge, with a nice rail that prevents falling into the water below, and there was a bench on it.
    i went for a nose slide, but i hadnt exactly stuck it yet, so i ollied up on the bench, and right before the edge of the bench, i ollied again, and my trucks just hit the top of the rail, and i fell into the water, and cracked the back of my head open on the bridge support below. i hadnt noticed it was an open wound and bleeding, so i swam back to the beginning of the bridge, then noticed it cut open so i was kind of in a ---- mood.
    my friends came with my board, and i was real glad my board didnt fall in.
    ended up getting 7 stitches.

12. Leetsauce

Leetsauce Well-Known Member

I have a scar about 1/4 inch from my right eye. Froma couple of years ago. Slipped over, hit my head on a chair. Didn't realise it was bleeding untill somebody said :P
    Only a steri-strip job.

I've got many scars on my lef from biking too.

13. Kiyaa

Kiyaa Well-Known Member

I have a scar on my knee from when I was bike riding at a park and bit it hard because of a ditch :P

14. Pinky

Pinky Senior Member

Scar on my Knee from where i fell of a bike when i was 8
    Scar on the bit in between nose and mouth, fell over and my tooth went through.
    HUGE scar all over my right hand, burnt it bad , melted skin :P
    Right elbow, can't remember.

Many Many more.

But yea

I bike, freerun, skate, and some other stuff :P

15. Greasy Pete

Greasy Pete Senior Member

i jumped into a bush once