Saints Row

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by EvilBloodX, Aug 8, 2006.

1. EvilBloodX

EvilBloodX Well-Known Member

Saints Row is a awesome game that reviews say is alot like GTA; Stealing cars, Blowing stuff up, gang members..etc.

But the one greatest thing that this game has over all the GTA games is it's online play and the ability to Create-A-Gang.
    Some games you can play on Live:
    Protect The Pimp
    Bring Me My Ride
    Gang vs Gang Battles

Gang Creation
    But open world or not, a game where you jack cars and shoot gang members will inevitably draw comparisons to a certain Rockstar franchise, as it's up to a new online mode to separate Saints Row. Thankfully, these modes sound interesting and fun and keep the same dirty humor that Saints Row is becoming known for.

In terms of multiplayer you'll have be able to engage with up to 12 players in gang style team versus team combat. As players win matches online they'll be able buy newer, flashier clothing, indicating to other players how much harder they rock. You'll have to build your online character from scratch because your single player game will not transfer over.

Creating A Character
    While you'll only be able to create a male character, you'll have access to a ton of variety for what kind of character you want to create in Saint's Row. For instance, when creating the nose you'll have ten different sliders which can determine nose yaw and roll and essentially create any type of nose you want. This kind of detail is available across all of the game's creation options.

Stylin' Your Cars
    Your cars can also be modded at mechanic's shops to include a large range of colors, grill styles, and rims as well as all sorts of oddball items like bull horns on your windshield. The game will also feature a dynamic day and night cycle where shadows get longer and city lights start popping on as you play. Also, once you cause enough damage to get five stars, your helicopters will start chasing you, fire at you with sniper rifles, and drop SWAT teams on the ground.

Some of the content have been copy and pasted from Game Reviews around the net. Just thought since its such a great game to come, I'd hand out some of the info for you.

(I'd post some pictures but the pictures says the website where they came from on the picture, and advertising in posts isnt aloud..so find yourself some pictures :P)

2. stokey

stokey Well-Known Member

I think its amazing, loved playing the demo.

3. EvilBloodX

May i ask, did the demo have the story line to it?

4. canvasch

canvasch Well-Known Member

same... it feels like gta.. but more gang oriented... it's good stuff though... they better deliver good muiltiplayer

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. xX King

xX King Well-Known Member

It's basically how you end up being in the Saints. Very fun game, when you crash you can fly through the dashboard.

6. HOOD PROPHET

HOOD PROPHET Well-Known Member

i love the demo, if it has a good multiplayer it will be a sellout, and yes it does have a storyline, and quite a few cut scenes. the best bit iv seen so far is when you smoke a spliff the screen cos all funny

7. EvilBloodX

What sucks for me is i don't have a X-Box, Never had one. I'm a PlayStation Fanatic. Maybe they will put this game up for PS3 :D

8. stokey

stokey Well-Known Member

I doubt it, they'll prob just wait for the next GTA.

9. deltahawk12

deltahawk12 Member

Yea i doubt that saint rows will ever get on the 360. Mybe wait alittle longer after the launch.

10. HOOD PROPHET

HOOD PROPHET Well-Known Member

what?

11. beatsta

beatsta Well-Known Member

I think he means ps3.

12. stokey

stokey Well-Known Member

Yeh, he'll mean the PS3. Just back from pre-ordering it :D should be good.

13. .bOdY

.bOdY Well-Known Member

i dunno..looks kinda lame

14. BeatdownT

BeatdownT Well-Known Member

yea u can also go to the liquor store and buy drugs and take them its awesome, i smoked a bong and drank a beer and drove LOL it was fuzzy AND slow i crashed and blew up

hey just like reallife drunk driving, whatdyaknow....

15. EvilBloodX

Haha, maybe this game will knock some sense into those who are thinkin bout drinkin and drivin...lol