Saddam Hussein Is Dead!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Trax, Dec 30, 2006.

1. vogue.

vogue. Senior Member

if they war iraq i have nothing said.

And i didnt say its sad that he is dead. i said the way how he died is sad. That's against the rules of my country (as you should know)

2. Morv

Morv Well-Known Member

Tbh, he got of easy. Spending life in prison or getting hanged ? Give me the noose please

3. RebelYell101

RebelYell101 Well-Known Member

Well, it wasn't our choice. Iraq did it, not us. We wouldn't hang people. We don't do that anymore. That was the Iraqi's choice.

4. ferret

ferret Well-Known Member

You're completely right. It's all Bush's fault, the US is going to knock down any country that raises a finger at us, and, above all, we're on a path to destruction because a minority of people (who get the majority of air time) say we are.

Did you ever read the stated goals for the invasion? What about the reasons? If you (and most who criticize) would, you'd understand that it isn't about oil or daddy's failure to knock down Saddam because the evil UN didn't let him or any of that other bull---- that comes up with Iraq.

I'd (-)rep you as well, but to be honest, that's your opinion and I don't think that I can get away with repping for "idiocy."

---

As for Saddam's hanging, I support death for him. However, I think this is quite premature. There are literally thousands of other things about him that needed to be investigated. Again, it was the Iraqi government's call. Having the execution during/on the eve of a major religious holiday wasn't too bright either.

The videos: barbaric. Period. It's sickening that somebody will take a camera phone and video tape an execution, posting it around for all to see. The Iraqi government's tape (the one that shows him being led to the noose) is a bit of a grey area for me. I think a photograph/video of his body/funeral would be all that is needed, but then again I'm against video/picture/reporting on executions period.

5. .:Apostle:.

.:Apostle:. Well-Known Member

I agree

6. Rated R Inferno

Rated R Inferno Well-Known Member

why does it digust you guys if someone else sees the video, its none of your business of other ppl watch it. and plus its not the first time anyone here has seen someone die

7. ferret

ferret Well-Known Member

It disgusts me because:

- The Iraqis were way wrong to allow cameras into the execution chamber
    - These kids treat the death as if it were just another game (OMG OMG PWNT LEMME SEE THE VIDEO - Again, if you were to be executed, would you like a video taken of it and then have it shown all over the internet within hours of the death?)

8. soccheese

soccheese Well-Known Member

i'm sorry i misstated my opinion.

Stalin was a piece of crap.

Saddam was too.

they both murdered tons of innocent people.

agreed.

9. SomeThingCreepy

SomeThingCreepy Well-Known Member

History books are always left to the "victor" to change. Abraham Lincoln is grossly overrated, even borderline worshipped with his own temple and giant statue. He's done many things many historians don't exactly consider fit for a person of such historical caliber - i.e. his actions causing the civil war and his eventual motives for fighting a civil war were outlandish and had nothing to do with the slaves until halfway into the war where he used the slaves as a political tool to get the French and British away from aligning with the Confederacy. That isn't to say he should be denounced, as many great people make huge ethical blunders (Henry Ford was a huge jew hater), but imo his greatness is overrated.

Unfortunately I'll leave a quick disclaimer and say that I am not prepared to go through a large debate about the ethics of Abraham Lincoln, as I'm not even that educated on the subject and there's probably a large number of things I've missed. My point is that, in the end, some things are left out in the history books (and probably for good reason anyway) and may show up in the future in the next few hundred years when people study this.

10. Sexiom_____SPAM

Sexiom_____SPAM Well-Known Member

11. ferret

ferret Well-Known Member

Stop bitching that it was taken or that people can't find it? It (the cell phone video) didn't need to be taken, regardless of who it was or if "proof" was needed to say he was dead.

12. coolguy56789

coolguy56789 New Member

he deserved it for all the innocent people he killed

13. Sexiom_____SPAM

Sexiom_____SPAM Well-Known Member

Some dude posted it earlier, and they were still like "i want to see the video". :shaggy:

14. ShotokanTiger

ShotokanTiger Well-Known Member

Can someone tell me WHAT THE ---- is wrong with youtube?!?!?!?! They actually allowed the hanging video to stay there! That's ----ing outrageous!!!!!

15. ferret

ferret Well-Known Member

Note that they allow terrorist videos of US/Other Nationality troops in Iraq being killed to be showed/uploaded at will. They won't remove it. If anything, it's giving them traffic.