Ripping And You!

Discussion in 'Spam Heaven' started by Stasus, May 15, 2006.

1. Stasus

Stasus Well-Known Member

Recently while looking through renders I have noticed alot of older renders either done by Ghriffin or I that have re-surfaced as somebody elses work. Im not going to name these renders or works but I will say that If I see this happening in the future by anything that has been done by us I will refer the offending party to the site moderators along with the original post and work and a link to the offending thread.

Usually, they offer a suspension or ban for this sort of thing and as this is a great community to be a part of I don't think its worth it to lose your rights to use gamerenders to scam in a bogus render.

Think about it.

2. dementia

dementia Well-Known Member

you didnt make it, all you did was cut it, you have no ownership over what you have cut out. sure, its wrong, but your as liable to be charged with anything as they are.

seriously, who cares if a render gets ripped? unless you made it, i dont wanna hear it. its easy stuff to cut an image out of another image, its not hard, its not your own work. i can guarentee 100% that almost every render on this site has been done by someone else somewhere else in the world with the exact same cut, just because you THINK its your render, unless you put like an initial on your render (like i used to do) and blend it in a little so its gone when you resize it, you cant prove anything. anyone can cut any image out of another image 100% the same as anyone else.

EDIT: that kind of came out like me defending myself, i am not the ripper lmao, i dont render for GR anymore since I realized the staff only care for their opinions and dont care to actually ask what happened or look into anything.

3. beatsta

beatsta Well-Known Member

Agreed.

4. Rufio

Rufio Well-Known Member

I'd be pissed if someone was stealing my cuts for rep

5. dementia

Then you shouldn't render.

Most of my cuts were ripped atleast once, I couldnt care less. Whats an hour or two of my time going towards someone else to increase their e-ego? I do it because im bored, not because they matter to me. Like I said, unless you made the render, you dont own anything on it.

Every single person has rights to every single render you do and the wallpaper you cut it from to do the same thing you did (unless your got permission from someone from DA or something like that). Since your getting something for it, whether it be rep or creds or w/e, then your technically stealing just as much as the other person is. Its not YOUR render (render is a creation, bringing something to life, so technically all cuts arent renders, as you arent the one who made them), its not YOUR wallpaper. It is someone elses, and most of the time if you have permission to cut/render an image from a wallpaper, another person has permission.

As said, you didnt make it, dont take it so seriously. Now, I will agree that if you made it (like through poser or w/e) and someone rips it, then you can be mad. Cutting simply isnt your work, its your fault for rendering/cutting something that isnt yours and you have no property over and putting it up, no one elses.

6. Rufio

Rufio Well-Known Member

I don't render >.<

And I would be mad because I (not literaly 'I', because I dont render) spent all that time on making a sweet render for someone else to come along and take credit for it. It really isnt even about my rep, its about the fact that they are stealing credit for your hard work to get rep.

And there is a rule against ripping other peoples renders or "cut-outs" since technically none of us has full rights to the actual renders. So if he wanted to he could have a mod suspend this member. It is not up to me or you to say whether he has rights to the render. It is written in the rules that you cannot take credit for someone elses cuts.

7. dementia

yeah, i know there is a rule against it, i just find it stupid that people get so worked up over something that they personally have no right over getting taken from them.

8. Nephthys

Nephthys Well-Known Member

I agree, especially since I got accused of "stealing" someone's "render" at another site without giving credit when the image I used I found off a Google search.

9. Jimbo

Jimbo Well-Known Member

1. Kayuza Dragon thing (he was the only one with permission I think)
    2. The Sonic and Shadow anime one from Deviantart (they had permission)

10. dementia

whether they had permission or not is besides the point, ive seen other renders of that dragon lmao

what sonic and shadow one?

11. Jimbo

Jimbo Well-Known Member

Show me it with the exact same cut, you are 100% sure of yourself, it won't be too hard.

Ill look up the topic for the Sonic and Shadow one.

12. dementia

k, i didnt save it since i had it from kaz, but if i stumble across it again ill be sure to show you.

13. Hym

Hym Well-Known Member

Seriously though, the guy that said it, is right. Who cares if someone cuts the same thing for rep? It's only a forum, and -Rep means nothing. Maybe if some of you had a life outside of forums and rendering you wouldn't care so much. I'm not defending myself either, nor am I saying this to be mean. I'm just stating my opinion.

14. Jimbo

Jimbo Well-Known Member

15. dementia

ah, ive seen those before, i belive i have them saved, when im done with lunch ill see if i have time before i need to be at MRT (moral recirprication therapy, its a court thing) to post them, if i dont ill post em when i get back... actually ill PM them to ya since i dont wanna clutter this anymore than it needs to be.

back on topic about how people rip renders and how "bad" it is...