Rip 50mm F1.4 Manual Lens :(

Discussion in 'Camera Drawn' started by }SoC{SainT, Mar 13, 2009.

1. }SoC{SainT

}SoC{SainT Well-Known Member

It lost its bearings, in a very literal sense, and they're bouncing around inside, jamming it up. Some fell out the switch on the back of it and are hiding in the carpet. Not sure if it's permanently lost and destined to be scrapped for parts (and used for learning to dismantle lenses), or if it'll be worth repairing. The word on the street is that I could get it repaired for $50 or so, but no one really knows what the problem is to give a real quote, and that's an estimate from photographers, not someone who does camera repairs for a living.

Anyways, I'm out one lens, and it just so happens to be my favorite one. It makes me very sad, especially since this is in the middle of working on my final project :( (and I'm broke, and was trying to save for a wide angle lens)

Edit: took it to a local repair center to get it fixed. They said it'll cost about $50 to repair, and they'll clean it and lubricate it while they're at it. We'll see how it goes. Estimated a week for it to be ready.