Resident Evil 5

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Broken, Mar 15, 2009.

1. i will siu you

i will siu you Well-Known Member

I played the demo and it was pretty good. It's very entertaining to see a buddy and me tag teaming some zombie with kicks and punches. However the controls seem a bit outdated, I mean being glued to the floor while firing kinda sucks. You have no movement what so ever when your blasting away at zombies. Now i can understand that as a tension rising sort of thing to make the game scarier. But the game isn't even scary in the least bit, they went far away from the resident evil formula and went more toward the lines of an entertaining action movie. This can be a good and I bad thing. I see it as a bit neutral however I would of liked a better incorporation of both.

2. Ambiguity

Ambiguity Well-Known Member

Everyone hid in your closet so I'm under your bed
    Well not to the extent of this, but there is always some1 imo. It's like I had never heard a mexican(i'm mexican/spanish btw) for a long time try to play the race card, until my bro told me about his friends dad who does it all the time.

3. Orodreth

Orodreth Well-Known Member

talking about the racist thing, i don't think it is, the RE4 took spanish people, doesn't matter that black people are infected, just because of the area, i think that racist thing that people talk about this game is BS

4. EBK

EBK Senior Member

i'm currently on chapter 2 and so far so good. playing it in normal mode isn't really normal.lol AI is crazy ass hell. I'm still trying used to the controls; on the ps3 the knifing is crazy though. you have to do 5 things to make it all work ok, lol

other games were set in other countries and no one gave damn until it was set in africa; plus it if was set in Asia or somethin it still wouldn't offend me.

5. Broken

Broken Well-Known Member

The racist thing isn't worth talking about, I mean, how many white zombies have we killed in the past?

Anyway.
    Currently on Chapter 5 (out of 6) and just, love the game, oh so much.

Might not be quite as Survival Horror as the old titles but it's still awesome, granted, they aren't really zombies in more. The enemies put you more in line with the infected from 28 Days Later, except they can use guns.

BUT IT'S GOT CROCODILES

6. -=117=-

-=117=- Well-Known Member

Reason why I ain't playing it until much much later. Controls seem crappy. Very unrealistic. I played the demo, and I enjoy Dead Space much more comparatively. It's just... your ammo is pretty limited, you can't use anything but a gun and the occasional roundhouse kick. Can't move while aiming either?

Capcom might be dead in my book. No puzzles in the game either, from what I've heard. That's just... depressing. That's what made the series a good play for me. Resident Evil 2, I didn't even beat it because it is hard as hell and it's puzzles got me stuck.

I'll wait until it's in the $10 bin.

7. Broken

Broken Well-Known Member

Controls are fine, if you could shoot and move it'd actually be a negative impact on the game, controls aren't nearly as bad as they're stated to be.
    Maybe only able to use guns and kicks (and grenades, and stun rods) as weapons, but there is a -lot- of guns in game, and you can upgrade them.

And there is puzzles in the game.
    Granted they aren't exactly very complex but particularly in mid-game there's quite a few of them.

8. Renagade

Renagade Senior Member

My roommate and myself beat the game in about 7 hours.

Quite a fun game.

We are now playing it on veteran to unlock the ----- level. We are almost done, but he had to send his 360 in for a repair.

9. EBK

EBK Senior Member

RE5 on 360? get outta here Ren! lol

I'm still on chapter 3, i stopped playing it & damn those crocodiles!

10. Broken

Broken Well-Known Member

Hey, mine's on 360 too. =p

Completed the game earlier today, replaying on Veteran too (first trying to knock my total-play time down to under 5 hours). Already got all 30 BSAA Emblems so can focus on speed this time.

How could the crocodiles ever be a problem though? Didn't get caught by them once. =p

11. Jack

Jack Well-Known Member

RE 5 has enough content to keep you going for a while even after you complete the game. Mercenaries is fun.

12. Renagade

Renagade Senior Member

I've now beaten the game of Pr o fessional mode, gotten all BSAA Emblems, gotten all the treasures.

I'm only missing two achievements for the game: (Maxing out every single weapon... almost there. And buying all the figurines... only six more to go).

Probably one of my favorite campaigns of all time.

13. beefjerky

beefjerky Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm def. going to wait until this price is $30 and below to pick it up, don't see much re-playability in it.

14. Renagade

Renagade Senior Member

I've played through the campaign about five times now.