Rep System

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by VIII, Jul 31, 2005.

1. Hurley

Hurley Well-Known Member

i like the rep system its a ncie thing to have but i think the post cout should be like 500+ to beable to give and taake ep cuz getting 100 post is easy then people have to abuse you but i agree its getting out of hand i never have -reped anyone and never felt i needed to i mean i get in arguments but that all not - reping ect...

2. Andrew

Andrew Well-Known Member

The Reputation system isn't built for such things, Girly. Theirs no way to do what your wanting, and even if their were: Moderators wouldn't be able to help, since that would diff. be an admin feature.

Well guys, this is my opinion on the whole matter:

We have 11 staff members vs. 27,000 members. Staff cannot help you unless you report things. I see JWJ saying someone goes around giving useless rep, have you EVER reported this person? I would bet 10 to 1 it'd save FUTURE reputation problems, and mend old ones.

Perfect example: I got 4 complaints on someone in one day, and checked the person out. He had given 11 -rep that day, for useless crap. Banned, and all reps he gave out were deleted.

I think the massive reputation system combined w/ the Market place & store is what keeps GameRenders going; its what keeps GR unique. Their will always be idiots that abuse this system, thats life. Just report reb abusers to Moderators, and we'll get these things sorted out asap.

BFTP

3. alrocks334

alrocks334 Well-Known Member

I totally agree with BFTP. He always seems to clear things up with detailed posts explaining his reasoning. I'm gonna give him a +rep, and I'm not just saying that.

EDIT: Ok, apparently i AM just saying that :) I need to let 20 days pass before +repping him again :D

4. Faded

Faded Senior Member

i havent gotten a -rep yet so i dont know about it :P

5. AM audioBandit

AM audioBandit Well-Known Member

who gives a ---- bout your rep its only number, unless your rep comes with consequneces, screw it so if it has no consequneces i wouldnt mind bein tha lowest rep -100000

6. Richyzapper

Richyzapper Well-Known Member

I'd just say hurrah to the mods for doing their job so fast^^ But it's up to us to point it out...

7. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

BFTP, I couldn't agree more. I have been around here NEARLY as long as you, and I have seen some of the most useless and RANDOM -reps been thrown at people.

Everytime I have been -repped (a total of 3 times) all have been removed because I PM'd Llamaman About it showing the situation.

I can't remember the first one to well, but it was I -rep him for a GOOD reason, he -reps me back because I -rep him, and he states a bad reason for it

2nd one that happened was I -rep him because he talks about hacking into Gamewallpapers. He -repped me back with a horrible reason along the lines of "You ----ing suck balls you asshole". Again a horrible reason, and he did it because I did something cause he wasn't behaving correctly.

3rd which happened the same day as the 2nd, was I -rep him for having a swastica as an avatar.... anyone else find that offensive? Well, I -repped him for that, and noticed someone else -repped him for the same reason. And he -repped him back also. All his answer was, "If you don't like it, don't look at it". Well, all of those -reps were reported to Llamaman, and they were all removed the same day.

So, people will abuse the rep system, and all you simply have to do, is PM a mod about it. Reps such as "I don't like him" "he's gay" "---- you" etc... are bad and will be deleted quickly, from what I noticed atleast.

Well, that's my 2 cents.

ShneakySquirrel

8. AM audioBandit

so um, i take it theres no consequences for -rep right?

9. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Depends WHAT your -repped for. For things like ripping and stuff, you will most likely be banned. Ummm... Idk if Hosthy was banned. But he had the all-time low rep of (I think he got to -35 or something). He was -repped about 40-45 times for spoiling the 6th Harry Potter book for everyone. And then people started to +rep him thinking it was a good joke, and then BFTP put a spoiler warning on the thread description, which made people +rep him because they thought HE put the spoiler on there, when he didn't.

Idk if he was banned or not, but I know he got the all time low -reps on this forum.

So it depends on the circumstances.

10. Public Enemy

Public Enemy Well-Known Member

*Points at my rep log* Oh yeah, sure it isn't abused...

11. VIII

VIII Well-Known Member

But you must admit, you were honestly being an ass at the time, and now hopefully you've learnt from your wrongs and have decided to turn over a new leaf.

Dont say im contradicting. A few of the things you did, SB, were totally worth the -rep you received, you were close to receiving some from me, I hope you understand.

12. [GR]Nova

[GR]Nova Well-Known Member

well, if u see my -rep, its cos i sed "fuhck" once.

13. VIII

VIII Well-Known Member

Well I'm not here to tell you whether it was deserved or not, if you feel a bit rough about it, PM one of the mods.

14. AM audioBandit

in fact i would like to beat tha negative rep record

15. VIII

VIII Well-Known Member

I bid you good luck with that