Really Pissed Off Today - Need Opinions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Stranger, Jun 1, 2008.

1. Stranger

Stranger Active Member

Okay. So here is the whole story behind the reason on why Im pissed off.

First off, to not get anyone confused, I failed last semester with an F and I would need a C on the second semester to not go to summer school.

So.. On Thursday I went after school to my math teacher and asked her how I did on the final. She said I did okay and that I passed the class. I asked her if I got a C and not go to summer school, but she said I got a D and she cannot do anything about it.

So then, when I went home I checked my final grade online. I did do bad on the final (53%) but she also gave the whole class 50 extra credit points, which supposedly should turn my final into a 71%. (EC wasn't added to final)

I checked my Final Grade and it was 76.4% !! You need to have a 77 to pass the grade with a C. So basically I was missing 0.01 % ! Down by 2 points. It wouldn't be fair at all for me to go to summer school just because of a 76.4%, since its just 0.01% away from getting me to that C I really wanted and away from summer school.

So... I emailed my teacher telling her this and then today in the morning she emails me back saying that she didn't know I was that close to a C and that she will Change my grade to a C.

So.... At night I checked my email again and I got an email from her... She said that she has been thinking about it all day and didn't checked my final exam grade. She said that since I got a 54% on the final, she will keep that grade to a D+ (76.4%)....

Right now Im sooooo freakin pissed off. I personally believe that I dont deserve to go to summer school cuz of a 76.4%. Its just 0.01% away from not going to summer school and me having that C. I didnt email her back cuz Im going to go to school and talk to the guy that runs summer school and my counselor.

Do you think that they can have the power to just change that grade to a C so I wouldn't go to summer school ? Or do anything to prevent my summer from being a disaster ? Because I think that this is just unfair. Summer school is determined by your Final Grade, not by your final exam.

Your thoughts on this ?

2. iPro

iPro Senior Member

Honestly, your fault. Simple as that.

3. Renagade

Renagade Senior Member

It's not hard to study for school.

Failure is blamed on no one but yourself.

4. Dingster

Dingster Well-Known Member

True, it is your fault. But honestly, teachers like that are dicks who have no sympathy. Sure you have to draw the "rounding up" line somewhere, but really, 0.01%. I can kinda relate although it's not as bad as summer school. I was 0.01% from an A last year in a class and went to talk to the teacher I believe 5 times and the 5th time he said he wouldn't do anything about it. Ruined my 4.0

5. Stranger

Stranger Active Member

Well. Im not going to bother emailing the teacher anymore. Do you guys think that if I go talk to my counselor something will be done about this ? I mean... Im just trying to get out of summer school. All I need is a 0.01% to be off it. Nothing more I want.

And the thing that really bothered me was the fact that the teacher at first said that she will change the grade to a C ,but then later on taking it back.

6. xlink

xlink GR's Tech Enthusiast

you should have tried harder. simple as that.

and FYI in the real world .01% off is enough to cost you thousands of dollars don't bitch about summer school.

7. Bungee950

Bungee950 New Member

That stinks a lot, but it is your fault. >_>

8. Undertow

Undertow Senior Member

an hero

9. Majin

Majin Senior Member

you belong there if your grades are that bad.

10. zephy

zephy Well-Known Member

^ - agree

11. Sock

Sock Well-Known Member

Actually, you're 0.1 away, not 0.01. I think summer school will be beneficial for you to learn the decimal system and how it works.

All nasty jokes aside, just go to summer school. It may help improve your marks and you'll be happy you did it later.

12. Suspect

Suspect Senior Member

Your teacher should of bumped you up, but don't blame them if they didn't.

13. dementia

dementia Well-Known Member

No one to blame but yourself. You knew what you needed, you obviously failed to study, and she already handed out 50 extra credit points to HELP people like you out, and you STILL didn't make it.

14. EBK

EBK Senior Member

everyone's sayin "no one to blame but yourself" but talking to peeps to get the situation is fine too.

15. dementia

dementia Well-Known Member

What does he expect us to do? Encourage him to talk to his teacher? Whats the point, he/shes made it obvious, and he/she's already given him a HUGE advantage with the 50 points (given, it was to everyone, but it helped him far more than hurt). He failed to study, and knew full well the consequences of his actions. Does he expect sympathy from us? Hopefully not. As a grown up it is up to HIM to make HIS decisions for what benefits him most. Hopefully going to summer school teaches him a lesson in properly making adult decisions for himself in the future, such as... you know... studying for that test you need a C on to pass.

Another thing, the teacher never told them in advance he/she would be granting bonus points, which just means he was further unprepared. He FAILED a test he was aiming for a C on, and without the help from his teacher and the bonus points in the first place, he would have greatly failed. He truly has no one to blame for this but himself. Sorry, thats life. Accept responsibility for your own actions and learn to make grown up decisions, especially when the consequences are laid out.

He failed to make the decision correctly, he is suffering the consequences, thats life, get used to it, it will happen a LOT.