Read My Gd Thread. It Will Make U A Better Sigger.

Discussion in 'Signatures' started by evermotion, Sep 23, 2005.

1. UV Soaked

UV Soaked Well-Known Member

let me make myself clear evermotion.

telling or demanding people to do or not to do makes u look like a ignorant bitch..

1. stop making designs under 400x150

2. start using other programs other then photoshop..
    get knownin

3. illustrator
    : illustrations are getting so well known they may be one of the popularist designs yet

4. Maya
    : once when u learn that u will have a huge success

5. Cenim 4d
    : its good but ads i look in magazines ect.. its not used

Basically..

slappping on a render basically makes u look dumb.. how about that?
    make your own stuff and u will look cool even tho if it looks like ----

..there u go..something u must add.. but u haven't done anything yet like that mostly likely so u cant comprehend what im thinking..

cheers

2. Poo

Poo Well-Known Member

Here's my take on this:

Some people make easy things that they use tuts or whatever for…and use dled brushes and renders…because they just want a sig, and for fun!

Anyone who makes things because they want to get better, should try to challenge themselves. If they dont know how, they can use other peoples stuff. But as you said, once they get good enough to render their own pics and make their own brushes then they should.

Some people should follow your advice, but others are fine doing other peoples stuff.

3. evermotion

evermotion Well-Known Member

When did I say that I want to do this for a living? I spend like 30 min a day doing graphics, if that.

If I wanted to make money I wouldn't be wasting my time on a kiddy sig site.

2nd. Get your facts straight. If I had any interest in a 3d program I would learn it. If I had any interest in maya I would learn it. But I don't. So I won't waste my time.

You say that my sigs are to small? That's fine, it's your opinion. I think they look fine. If I had a bigger screen, or flatty, it would make it a whole lot easier for me to make large scale pieces. But I don't.

And lastly you say that I made this thread to make myself look good? I find that funny, I don't think I know anyone on this forum. So why would I care what you think?

--brian

edit. I also find it fricking hilarious that you say that my sigs are to small. When you have a 300-100 cropped wallpaper in your sig.

4. Comatosis

Comatosis Well-Known Member

Look up what "ignorant" actually means before trying to use the word to insult someone.

lmfao. So now good graphics have a size minimum?

A good artist doesn't need software to be artistic. All these sigs could theoretically be reproduced on pen and paper if someone wanted to. How artistic you are isn't determined by how many computer programs you know how to use. Software is just a means to help you express your artistry...

Point?

Knowing Maya or C4D or Lighwave or 3DSmax won't determine your success if you suck ass as an artist in the first place. Just because you know what Extrudes and Bevels are doesn't mean that you'll be able to put 'em to good use....

It won't necessarily look cool, but the effort will be there. If I grab a Van Gogh from the internet and just tweak the brightness and contrast, I'm sure it'll look just as good as the original Van Gogh did, but you can't really call it your work since all you did was minutely alter someone else's stuff.

5. highfkinghT

highfkinghT Well-Known Member

Ok and I quote.

" ignorant and stuck-up wanna be someone F*cker"

Your an idiot.

Just get out of my thread. [/b][/quote]
    You still sound like an ignorant ----er, even if you tell me to go away.

6. _Arctic_

_Arctic_ Well-Known Member

Oh, who's really intelligent when you you talk like a biggot and throw around racial slurs?

7. McFarlane

McFarlane Well-Known Member

Great tips, once I get the prem render section avalible for me, I'll be making much better works btw.

8. celicageek

celicageek Well-Known Member

okay here is my 2 cents. i agree with half of what everone said. to be really proud of your work you should try and do your own thing. or add your own touch to something. alot of the people here just do it for fun. infact i think its safe to say everyone here does it for fun and because they like to, so no one should insult anyone on how they do their hobbie. as for downloaded brushes use them if you want if you dont want to dont use them. but do not handycapp yourself by saying "defaults only" on a sig you made like its harder then using dled brushes because brushing is just a small part of the work. also dont say someone has less skill because they use dled brushes because first. no one here made the defaults they are just a like a dled brush but incorped with the program. if it came from deviantart or adobe its the same thing. if anything it is something that is pre-made so its a convenice why go through the trouble to waste time when you can utilize something. and 90% of the sigs here have renders in them which again isnt your work. so to say your pro cause you used defaults but then added someone elses stock in it is ironic. same with c4d renders you can make that 3d object in ps but it is harder thenif you used c4d half the c4d renders people get from just playing around with it not because they have a clue of what they are doing. now remember before you insult me, everyone here including yourself is here because we all enjoy the same thing gfx its just for fun. SO STOP THE FLAME WARS!!!!!!!!

9. Syko.

Syko. Well-Known Member

i disagree on one point, yes i do think u should not copy tutorials, but doing tutorialss is good for those who not know everything in ps, how else would u learn all the small things...i dont make my sigs with tuts but i DO learn techniques from tuts

oh and i totally agree with geek here above me

ohyeah, and another thing, why would u be noob when u use other ppl's render and brushes...u still need skill to USE them, yes everyone can take a render and some brushes and "slap" something together, but take a look in the "set render" sotw...LOTS of original designs, now are they all noob and sucky just because no1 actually drew the render?? u suck, all u ppl that say that using other ppls brushes/renders is for teh nubs are vein and think they pwn and like to pick on lil ppl

10. Zane14

Zane14 Well-Known Member

I don't get this. How do you get better? Just randomly press buttons on the PC?

11. Syko.

Syko. Well-Known Member

hahahaha very good point, u need a basis before y can make your own style ^^

12. Irrelevant

Irrelevant Well-Known Member

good point. i would of pointed this out myself if i weren't already banned for flaming that gay jesse kid for being annoying.

anyways. i understand what ur saying but...wtf...on the second sig you posted..tis just brushing with a render slapped on it...wheres the imagination in that?

13. evermotion

evermotion Well-Known Member

It's filters only. :huh:

14. Irrelevant

Irrelevant Well-Known Member

It's filters only. :huh: [/b][/quote]
    ah my bad.
    but the sig still has no point.

it shows no direction and depicts nothing.
    in my opinion a good sig is one that shows something going on.

its still just a bg with a render 'slapped' on it.

15. UV Soaked

UV Soaked Well-Known Member

u know what/.. im sick of people like u..
    + your desins are all about slapping on renders " look sat your sigs"

yep.. be more creative use yourself for a design or somethin..