Rapidshare Problem

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Concept X, Mar 26, 2006.

1. Concept X

Concept X Well-Known Member

Hey i keep having a problem with rapidshare it never lets me download ANYTHING, i must of tried at least 100 different downloads so far and it works for other people but me and i always make sure i type the code in right for the free download but it dosnt make a difference everytime it says download session invalid and still dosnt work if i try again and again can anybody help because this is really annoying as alot of files are hosted on rapidshare thanks

~Concept X

2. DiabloDj1

DiabloDj1 Well-Known Member

Make sure you wait untill it counts down to 0 then put the code in.

try different browser

3. XMasterX

XMasterX Well-Known Member

or you may have downloaded to much, wait an hour or however long is says to wait for.

4. Common

Common Well-Known Member

i know this happens to alot of people

its something to do with ur ip and such.....like static or something i dunno im just pulling words outa my head lol but anyways try and get a proxy or something if u really wanna download that something

5. Concept X

hmm yeh i make sure the countdown is done and its nothing to do with to many downloads because ti dosnt let me download anything! it used 2 a couple months back but not after they started this code system so it must be something to do with my i.p what do you mean by use a proxy?

Merged Post:

B

U

M

P

6. .DeFuZioN

.DeFuZioN Well-Known Member

if it comes up with download session invalid it means that you waited too long to put in the code. you do have a time limit.

7. doomie22

doomie22 Well-Known Member

I have the same problem, and unless the time limit to put in the code is a matter of seconds, thats not whats going wrong.

8. Concept X

well i always put it in within like 3 seconds i dont think they would give you less than 10 to put it in

9. Concept X

so dose nobody know?

10. MonsterLishis

MonsterLishis Well-Known Member

It's probabaly your proxy. A proxy is basicly 4 sets of numbers seperated by periods that definine your internet connection. It is really hard to explain so just google it for a better definition, actually use wikipedia :P But how rapidshare works is that after you download a file, it stores the proxy you are on in their database and puts a timer on it for your next download. If you use a static Ip, the code will work how it is suppose to and not let you download any more for about 70 minutes. If you have a dynamic IP, and IP that changes everytime you disconnect and reconnect your modem, then you can just change it and the code will not work. But if you share an IP with some one else, or more than 1 person, and they download something, then the code does not work in your favor and you will have to wait and download at the right moment.

They used to use cookies to stop you and I think they still partly do, but people were going around that to easily by just deleting their cookies.

If this isn't the problem, just check to make sure you have the right link :P

EDIT: Fixed a spelling mistake ^_^ Hope this helps man.

11. Concept X

ok thanks man ill check it out when im at home im at college now -rep :)

12. Concept X

actally uve said the causes but not explained how to fix em lol

13. MonsterLishis

MonsterLishis Well-Known Member

There really aren't many ways to fix them. The only one I really know is to switch internet providers :P

Another way, that I am not sure if it will work :P, is to change the proxy that your internet hooks up with. I can give you a working one by PM (I had to find it and I still use them. I try and keep my proxys to myself). Download XYZ proxy (if you are using firfox, it's and extention), put the proxy in a txt document, import the txt document and you're set.