Quick Wireless Internet Question

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Joe, Dec 24, 2007.

1. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Ok so like on websites when I'm looking at computer specs under "wireless networking" it says "Built-in high-speed wireless LAN (802.11b/g)". What is that? Can you take it out of the computer like is it a card in the back? Basically what I'm asking is that my friend's computer says that and I want to know if there is a way to get whatever the wireless internet is out of his computer to put into mine or if it's like permantly in his. Thanks in advance.

2. .HaVoC.

.HaVoC. ┌∩┐(-_-)┌∩┐

<span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS">It's basically the same thing as a wireless receiver you can get from BestBuy or somewhere but only it's built into the computer. I'm not sure if you can take it out and put it in another computer but you probably can depending upon the model.</span>

3. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

So would it work to take it out of an HP Pavilion 5600+ or 6000+ (forget what one he has) and put it in an HP Pavilion 5000+?

4. .HaVoC.

.HaVoC. ┌∩┐(-_-)┌∩┐

<span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS">Not really sure. It probably would work but I've never really heard of anyone trying it before so you never know. Ask xlink.</span>