Quick Question For All Members...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shaggy, Dec 2, 2008.

1. CokeClassic

CokeClassic Well-Known Member

PR is way more boring than this place. Maybe I have a bias for starting out here, but I doubt that's the only reason I dropped like a dead fly after a month, even after getting into the best crew. A lot of people there are cool, but every site has its issues. You can't get a long with everybody, and on a forum if you make several mistakes... you gotta wait a long ass time to remedy them. The cash prizes here are sweet. Memberships are sweet. Contests are run well.

I've noticed a bad ratio of topic to comments on the sig c&c board, but that's the way it's always been.

2. SuvivoR

SuvivoR Well-Known Member

nope not saying that at all....
    and humac is right the only thing that is different is the attitude of people on this site

3. jOeL™

jOeL™ Well-Known Member

i agree with humac aswell

4. CokeClassic

oh yeah. If that steal credits thing is still available, it needs to go. My only suggestion.

5. [.BC.] huMAC

[.BC.] huMAC Well-Known Member

@coke "Are you the same cokeclassic at PR?

6. CokeClassic

Yeah. I was in Dyst and Jeff's Air and then swapped to Moonlight, then just left the place after awhile. Sent all my points to Darkrai.

7. [.BC.] huMAC

"Wtf. Do you still remember me girl. I am in moonlight too. Thats why I recognize you. I ddnt know your a member of GR too.

8. SuvivoR

SuvivoR Well-Known Member

ALL THE BEST pr ARTIST COME HERE ^.^ LOL

**on topic
    steal credit options whos silly idea is that??? it should go

9. BabyLeo

BabyLeo Well-Known Member

Out of all Dem's post in this entire thread that is the one line you should be paying attention to Asar.

What you're asking for is the demotion of one of the most dedicated staff members we have on the site. Dem has been here before I was and he'll be here long after I leave.

It seems to me that the problem with most members here, you included, is that you all take everything that's said to seriously. A lot of you don't have a sense of humour simply because you want to appear mature and in control. The only ones who actually seem to have a problem with The Last Word or IRC are the ones who aren't "welcome" there, for lack of a better word. What you need to understand is this is the internet, no one is ever serious. There is always an undertone of sarcasm. Just like you wouldn't ask you're boss to fire your co-worker because he's annoying and you don't agree with his opinions, you can't ask to have Dem removed from the staff and the Last Word and IRC deleted from the site. IMO, none of these things are the problem. I haven't seen them do any real damage whatsoever, if anything IRC is a haven to all the old members that actually have stuck around. I'm never in there often but when I am, it's a great atmosphere. 

Basically what I'm trying to say is, you need to grow up. Just because you're 22 doesn't mean you act like it.

10. falcon punch

falcon punch Well-Known Member

I agree with huMAC as well, about being close minded. I mean it is okay to say that forums cultivate their own styles and trends that will become popular, but PR seems to appreciate in my opinion more styles of art. And I honestly just come here to post in my team forum and participate in battles. Tagging would be no fun at all if you didn't chat with people you know, and battle other teams, and the teams here are inactive. To a lot of people on PR credits are very important, and pieces sell for a lot more credits, as in tens of thousands or hundreds of thousands depending on what it is and who made it. Even though I don't use credits on any forum that I go to that has a credit system, many people like to have money, even if it is just forum credits.

11. [.BC.] huMAC

"I agree to falcon about the credits.

12. .Arkane

.Arkane Well-Known Member

Lets hype of the credits more, like 3 years ago. Credit's were everything that mattered back then. Kept activity quite high

13. WWIII

WWIII Well-Known Member

I believe if you implemented more points based on post length, that may help. Because people who have something serious to say, and type a lot can get a few extra credits. Especially if the debate section becomes something serious. Get points for providing content to the forum!
    [/b][/quote]
    not an option becuase it will mess up the economy of GR, people are going to try and Type more and more crap just so they get more credits Imo...
    [/b][/quote]
    Although you say it would "inflate" it. Of course people can report posts, GR has always had a decent staff, and you can limit the extra points they get to maybe about 3 per post. Maybe modify the mod to not include content with BBCode/Tags. Just an idea, but again, I understand your point.

But the credit system is far more balance than most people believe. Although PR may have 5 digit deals, we have much smaller ones that have the same meaning, just in smaller amounts. However, I do see GR as more of a dying site because I remember trading/selling use to be a big thing around here, and that got people interested into learning. Seems that has died, or a lot of those bigger community members have disappeared. Maybe there needs to be more of an emphasis on art and designs.

Also, I agree w/ getting rid of the steal credits idea.

14. xlink

xlink GR's Tech Enthusiast

that would be mine.

that said I was expecting it to cost around $200 and to have a steal limit of $500. not quite what it is.

the idea is that if you pissed off people you'd be targeted, AND if you're a thief you'll on average loose creds.

15. Zohair

Zohair Formerly zohBOT

Oh.. Okay, now that explains pretty much everything.. I really hope that changes with time when finally the children are busy playing WoW.