Quick Question For All Members...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shaggy, Dec 2, 2008.

1. dementia

dementia Well-Known Member

We used to have one, it failed miserably, it was worse than the flame forum because it wasn't allowed there so it naturally attracted people to run in there with overly biased, opinionated and non-factual statements while intentionally spewing off insults against anyone who disagreed.

This site is full of 12 to 14 year olds, people don't seem to realize that. You can't generally have a civilized, mature discussion with logic and reasoning with people 12-16, which is an easy 3/4 of the site, if not more.

This is also one of the reasons I don't bother publicly discussing my decisions, because the members of this site can't get over, 'my e-bud was banned / suspended, I don't care why, but I am going to whine until you decide to fix this issue'.

2. WWIII

WWIII Well-Known Member

I believe if you implemented more points based on post length, that may help. Because people who have something serious to say, and type a lot can get a few extra credits. Especially if the debate section becomes something serious. Get points for providing content to the forum!

3. dylan5102

dylan5102 Senior Member

not an option becuase it will mess up the economy of GR, people are going to try and Type more and more crap just so they get more credits Imo...

4. dementia

I like the concept of things like this, but it is easily exploitable. There are countless news stories posted in general where it is quoted as well as linked which would increase the amount of credits for no real effort. We would end up with a bunch of copy and paste all over the boards to get credits.

This doesn't bring into the fact that a lot of replies don't require more than a few sentences max (just look at kirbir, 90% of her posts are 'thanks hun' or :wub:, etc.)

5. dylan5102

dylan5102 Senior Member

I believe if you implemented more points based on post length, that may help. Because people who have something serious to say, and type a lot can get a few extra credits. Especially if the debate section becomes something serious. Get points for providing content to the forum!
    [/b][/quote]
    I like the concept of things like this, but it is easily exploitable. There are countless news stories posted in general where it is quoted as well as linked which would increase the amount of credits for no real effort. We would end up with a bunch of copy and paste all over the boards to get credits.

This doesn't bring into the fact that a lot of replies don't require more than a few sentences max (just look at kirbir, 90% of her posts are 'thanks hun' or :wub:, etc.)
    [/b][/quote]
    you could then target the text out of quotes but then also people could mess up the code a bit remove the quotes and still get the full amount of credits...

6. Scooby.05

Scooby.05 Senior Member

Getting rid of the IRC you will get rid of 100% of the members who flame and spam the forum and leave the people who will actually help make GR better, I make myself Handicapped how would you say that I eneter the IRC and YOU are the one who starts the ---- and eggs on your MITM internet gang I get along with some of them but the ones who follow you and kiss up are the ones who deserve to leave gr and get banned. But no again like I have been told over and over again you think you are a god and you can make your own rules and have no since of what is right and wrong on GR you have no since of respect to the members except the ones who suck upto you.

You claim you will help with PW changes and so on when my account got hacked I asked you for help in the irc from another account you said it was not your problem and you was not going to help, that is just 1 time I have asked you for your help another time I asked you to change my e-mail because my aol account was not receiving the GR e-mails and your exact words were ------ Off it is not my responsibility yo help a person like you. If more people were not afraid of you and the fact you would be corrupt and ban them or suspend them I am sure more people would speak up just like others before them have done and you found something to suspend them or ban them for.

You said I have asked for free credits when again that is another Joke I have never asked for free credits I have only asked to be reimbursed for stolen credits from the MindlessV debacle when I was told my small amount of credits did not matter and I would not be getting them back but you had returned credits to members of MITM with smaller amounts thats myself and Justin had got stolen away. You also said the steal creidt's have not been in effect for over a month but you threaten all the time in the IRC and Forum you will bring it back whenever you want, The first time it was brought in it was my logic but all the others it was done by you.

You said you told me thanks for the skin when you never did you said eh its not exactly like it but I think it will work and that was it, and you did not find the skin before I gave it to why because you said you already looked and found a green skin that looked nothing like it so I went and found a dark blue one that looked just like it minus a few buttons that were off but they could have been fixed.. And you said you never asked for any help when in the IRC you asked the members if anyone could help you find a skin that looked like the opera skin no one from MITM answered so I told you that I would have a look and see what I could find and if I could not find anything that met your criteria I would contact someone I know and have them do you a custom skin for free but again you ------iness and thinking you are a god comes into effect.

You think that I believe tha staff only serves me thats a joke when ever I ask for help from Logic, draven, pulse, broken, kirbir, and so on I say thanks and ask them if there is anything I can do to repay them for there troubles. I actually show the staff on GR respect just like I show the members, Loic has done more to help out the members of GR then you ever have all you do is help out yourself and your MITM but in your eyes that is for the good but no that is a corrupt admin and I know for a fact that Shaggy has seen this as I have talked to him in the past about this and I have also talked to Draven many times both of these Gentleman are great guys who I have much respect for. When the Platinum membership was getting made I actually helped Shaggy with ideas that he could use he may not have used all of them but he used a few and if he did not want to hear the members opinions and thoughts he would not ask for are advice and take everything into effect.

So as I said in my other post I think with the Following would help GR a ton.
    Corrupt Staff
    Get rid of the steal credits
    Get rid of the IRC and Last word

7. .//XeN-

.//XeN- Well-Known Member

How do you intend to remove the IRC anyway? It's a channel on a quakenet server, if you removed the link at the top of the board it wouldnt stop the channel from being open, even if it wasnt run by the admins.

You cant remove GRIRC.

8. dementia

Sorry, the IRC isn't composed entirely of people who flame, if you had a sense of humor you would know this. However, I won't go into that, because its clear you've made up your mind and you refuse to accept anything different. You are right though, I have a crude and very sarcastic sense of humor, always have, always will, and its worked in my favor far more than against me.

I didn't, you were bothering me, and you wouldn't shut up about it. You are the annoying kid who bothers the adults over and over until they decide to smack them upside the head and get struck with abuse charges. Just in the last week alone I have helped multiple individuals recover stolen accounts, credits from competitions, and unban accounts which shouldn't have been banned because of personal grudges held by staff members. If I was corrupt, would I not have banned you already? Would I not have simply taken over the site like I very well could? No, I won't, because I have reasoning behind EVERY SINGLE THING I DO. Believe me, if you think I am not checked on by the other staff members, you are very mistaken.

I never said you asked for free credits, I was using that as a way of stating what I get asked 20 times a day and why its agitating when I have someone like you coming into my personal space (being the IRC primarily, which is largely my main source of enjoyment on the net) and to others, my MSN. You clearly have no clue about who manages what on staff. Logical brought the item into effect, due to Xlink's suggestion, and I have restocked it, as well as Logical, as well as I believe Shaggy, and I don't believe Draven has either. We had less than 24 hours worth of input on the item before it was implemented, I didn't even know about it until someone mentioned my name in the IRC and pinged me out of game to read what was going on, and by then the item was in effect.

Again, sorry I didn't bless your first born, get you an expensive bottle of wine and offer up my butt to you as being thankful for you finding a skin which I already found myself. You are quite selfish in your statement, apparently a 'thanks', which is in my IRC logs, is not enough for you, and I must sell my soul to you for all of eternity. I told you it was alright and that I didn't need a custom skin made.

Logic does do a lot for the site. As do I, draven, pulse, remix, sanity, huy-n, the sectionals, the graphics crew, and a majority of the retired staff. Matter of fact we have one of the best staffs are the current time I know of in the history of GR. We have active staff who care about the site, put in their opinions and ideas, and get things done. You see, I put in multiple hours every single day to help this site, for free. I get nothing out of it but insults, flaming, constant checks and balances from the other staff members (well, only really 1), and yet I still keep coming back. Why? Because I know what I do for this site that the average member does not know. I know that what I do for this site makes it a better place in the end, and I am going to stay here until I feel I am no longer beneficial to the site.

All I am getting from your posts is 'QQ, I was hurt by the big bad dem and now I am using false information and creating rumors about him to try to ruin his e-reputation that he cares nothing about because of his God complex'.

Oh, and by the way, not a single member of staff is innocent, and you aren't an innocent member, so stop playing the role. You wanna know what Draven does? He and I argue over who we get to ban which days. That's right, we played rock, paper, scissors I believe to see who got to ban Morv (I think it was). So much for him being a model citizen. He also just brought up 2 of his personal friends for staff positions and reacted extremely defensively when he was called out on it. Almost every idea on the platinum membership was discussed in staff, and to my knowledge Shaggy didn't bring up anything other than bringing up the concept of a new member group, which was because he was having issues (and still is) supporting the site. Shaggy *is* however a world class guy. He helped out logic in the real world, hes always there for me when I need to talk to him, and he cares about the site. He is constantly asking for ways to improve it.

Yes, I defend my friends, I am also almost always the first one to admit when they are wrong. I don't believe a single one of my friends hasn't been suspended or banned by me on this site. I do what any good friend would do, and I do what any good staff member would do, and I take the fall for more things on this site than most of the other staff would care to admit.

When a staff member is having issues with a member, who do you think they come to first to handle the situation? Do you think they turn to the caring and understanding Draven? Do you think they go to Logic who is basically me but in a nicer and much more professional up front form? Do you think they run to Shaggy who checks his PMs about once a day max, generally less than that? No, they reach me on MSN and I post in the topic and I put my iron fist forward for them. Kirbir was notorious for asking me to deal with members because the members of this site would walk all over her as no one took her seriously here when she was staff.

Before you start throwing around accusation and praises, perhaps you should get your facts straight. You don't play on the same level that I do when it comes to the inner workings of the GR populace.

edit: Since I see you brought up the MindlessV / Debacle X thing now that I re-read - credits were returned to those with the most credits stolen first. Sorry, we can't please everyone. Ever.

9. SuvivoR

SuvivoR Well-Known Member

then admin should warn/ban if they repeat this behavior

10. SM Ciel

SM Ciel Well-Known Member

Hm. Well I have to go to work right now, but I'll quickly add that Dem should be removed as admin (I'll explain later) and the credits system is broken.
    I'll explain that later too.

11. Scooby.05

Scooby.05 Senior Member

You would ban me why? I have never flamed, I don't spam I help members when they need it.
    And of course some more false statements form a guy who has no life and playes WOW all the time, Im 22 years old turn 23 on the 17th I do not try and act proper like you to get respect, I dont flame memebrs to try and get my jolliies off like you do. I don't pretend to act like I know everything but what I do know is what the staff of GR tell me just like you have been discussed with Shaggy recently about how you make your own rules and break all the rules that was set by the GR staff and the members of the staff who would want you gone and the members who want you gone.

Just like you have told the MITM members once v4 comes you are leaving why don't you do it early and save the GR members and staff alot of time, I once liked you as person and member but once you showed your true colors as everyone is starting to see you lost all respect but I know what you will say to that you just don't care.

I know not a single member of the staff is innocent but not 1 is like you they actually help and give there input for a while I thought Kovan was a ------ and a prick but he has sorta grown on me just like the members of AG infact alot of the AG members and myself have put the past behind us with all the crap you started in the irc and everything. But I am also friends with a good number of the GR staff and the future gr staff and if they were not afraid you would ban them out of spite alot of them would speek up and say the same thing I am.

This will be my last post because I do not want to turn Dem into one of the emo kids who kill themself on the comp and blame it on life.

Again shaggy I hope you are taking all advice into fact and listening to the members I know you are because like I have said you are a good guy.

12. dementia

Did you not even read my reply?

You said I was corrupt, if I was corrupt would I not delete your post and ban you for attempting to stand up against me and throwing forth incorrect information and trying to hurt me e-reputation? Your own logic doesn't even make sense. If I was corrupt, you wouldn't ask what reason I have to ban you.

I flame people because people are idiots. If you knew anything about me, I *hate* stupid people. I play WoW all the time because I play at the top of the world, easily within the top 1,000 players in the world in my current status. Do you have any clue what kind of commitment it takes to be the top 1,000 players in a game played by over 12 million people world wide (or near 12 million, don't think its breached it yet)? No, because you don't compete at that level.

I am in check just as often as any other member or staff member. Sorry to hear that you feel differently.

I have more admin actions and more moderation actions on this site than nearly anyone.. jee, I must sit on my arse and do nothing. Yup. Oh, nevermind the multiple GIGABYTES worth of MSN conversations Logical, I and Shaggy have regarding changes to GR and the fact that nearly every idea being implemented in v4 and almost every idea in v3 were MY IDEAS. Don't believe me? I will upload the MSN convos.

Never mind the fact that I have perma-banned personal friends from this site, as well as suspended all of my friends on this site (minus Mortified, but hes pretty awesome and too innocent for his own good =D). Nope, I make no sacrifices and I am entirely corrupt though. Sure, I have been suspended, even banned at a time myself (legit, not the fake April fools ban). Sure, I worked my way up to administrator acting the exact same way I do now from the first day I was made IRC staff (which was less than 3 months after being in the IRC). Sure, I have contributed literally months of my life to this site and moderating it as a legitimate staff member. Sure, I have sacrificed friendships from this site from banning my personal friends and them hating me for it. Yes, I am very corrupt, I see exactly where you are coming from. I take the fall for things other staff members do because I have the testicular fortitude to withstand the members punishment as I have done since the day I was given my position here. Sure, I have ran my own personal sites larger than GR, but clearly I am not professional, have no clue to moderate, and I am corrupt.

Sorry, I am not the one lying here, you are bending the truth and I have the IRC, MSN, and posts here on GR to back myself up. I have nothing to hide from the members here. I have banned my own friends, I have unbanned people I banned out of personal grudges, and apologized, mind you, I always state logical reasoning behind why someone should or should not be banned (and I have even stood up for people I personally wanted banned because the other members of staff were holding personal grudges). Clearly, I am not an asset to the team. Oh, I have also brought on and removed multiple tens of staff so that I could find the best staff to do the job. I have never voted for someone to come onto staff because they are my friend (maybe because I have personal experience with the individual, say... Broken or Nica, who I spent hours a day talking to in the IRC with, vs someone say Wolfgang, who I have never spoken with in my life) like many other staff members have, I vote fairly in SotW, SDotY, RotM, etc.

Also, plenty of staff stand up to me. The thing is, I provide logic and reasoning in my posts in the staff section that no one can deny.

13. Baiternader

Baiternader Well-Known Member

GR actually has the ability of having the login for BOTH the forums and render access :rofl:

14. [.BC.] huMAC

[.BC.] huMAC Well-Known Member

"Actually there is nothing missing in the site. I am a member of PR too. I think the difference between them is the members. Because members of PR are open minded in styles. Not like GR that only appreciates manips, smudge and realism tags. Also team battle in PR is pretty active. I think thats their signature in any other sites. Just my thoughts.

15. xlink

xlink GR's Tech Enthusiast

if you're saying I'm suggesting that for personal gain I think you're off. I never collected my pay when I was a mod, and I give most of my credits away.