Quick Question For All Members...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shaggy, Dec 2, 2008.

1. dementia

dementia Well-Known Member

You mean like every other site? Like the hundreds of topics the moderators move each month?

2. dementia

dementia Well-Known Member

and YOU.

Sorry, but pointing fingers does absolutely nothing. You want to look at the problem with activity, look at the community as a whole, that means staff as well. Nearly every single member on this site has done something against the rules that would end in suspension or banning, all of the staff included. Saying one person is worse than the others or a major reason for the downfall of the site does nothing, as a matter of fact, it only drops you down to their level.

The whole idea behind v4 was to bring the community back to GR, to engage in a community where the staff and members actually give a damn about eachother, and not just the site, or the credits on their account, or their skill level, etc.

You can't bring back old GR, its long gone, but you can restore the community to a helpful resource site if the community as a whole groups together to make the change. Unfortunately nothing the staff alone can do will fix the community, its up to every member of the site to engage themselves in fixing the site if they dislike it.

3. Snooze

Snooze Well-Known Member

These words are truer than air. I think the staff has done quite enough, and all I seem to read is that the "old" GR was so much better.

4. xlink

xlink GR's Tech Enthusiast

general discussion - it's the new off topic.

5. AnythingPink

AnythingPink Well-Known Member

PR seems to have a little more going on, and a lot more differently divided sections to its forums.. I like how PR also posts the winning SOTW, LAOTM, ect on their main page, it makes winning there a lot more worth it. But as stated, too many egos there. And I'm sure they could say about us (the GR community) too many flamers. It's really about preference , some just don't like it here while others like PR.. I've spoken to a guy who used to come here, he said he didn't like it here cause there are too many n.ovice designers in his opinion. I don't think GR is missing anything, I love it how it is already, just build upon what we have so far and keep improving it.

6. mantis33

mantis33 Banned from GR

I have a PR account, but I never use it. I think the site is fine and the new cash prizes for the DOTM will definately bring an increased activity of resources. You should advertise the cash prizes for that more and then more people will join the site to upload their resources.

7. MerDeNoms

MerDeNoms Well-Known Member

Same goes for me, I have a PR account but just about never post there. But I do like how they have their renders seperated and divided in categories. Helps a lot when you are looking for something specific.

8. Greasy Pete

Greasy Pete Senior Member

WOW 23 POSTS INTO THE THREAD AND NOT A SINGLE MUTTER OF WHAT "PR" IS.

that's beautiful.

9. MerDeNoms

MerDeNoms Well-Known Member

Planet Renders.

10. Sock

Sock Well-Known Member

I've really grown to like the spam and flame section.

And I've become accustomed to the regular crowd that goes there. They may not know me, but I think they're hilarious people.

I don't go to PR, but I've been to other render/graphics forums and this one ranks as the best. It's the only one I've stayed at.

11. Greasy Pete

Greasy Pete Senior Member

do they allow nudity and swearing at "PR"?

12. dalecyt

dalecyt Well-Known Member

also one of the many reasons gr is behind,
    look at both of your posts both of them are seriously stupid beyond comprehension and totally unneccessary in this topic

you guys need to tighten up the rules for a while to get the forum some new members after that i think you could possibly let them be a little less strict
    i know that you are doing all you can just now but is there no way you could take on more disciplinary staff

other than that i think we should try to advertise on more sites maybe bring back the being able to sell steam accounts and such

13. SuvivoR

SuvivoR Well-Known Member

um no. no nudity is allowed at PR
    either is swearing but the filter is generous as the s word and many other "foul" words and not considered swear words and do not get *********** out.
    Unlike GR is you abuse and swear at someone you are most likely to get a warn raise
    also they have less problems of abuse and just dickheadishness (yeah i made it up) since they got rid of spam forums and introduced the shout box

14. mantis33

mantis33 Banned from GR

Dalecyt, you can sell Steam accounts here again.

15. Northern.

Northern. Well-Known Member

What does PR stand for?