Psu Trouble?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by nym_kalahi, Dec 13, 2007.

1. nym_kalahi

nym_kalahi Well-Known Member

so, i got the psu that xlink is always recommending to people(from ewiz) with my new build, and when i took it out of the packaging, i noticed that on the 24pin connecter, one of the wires going to one of the pins was missing. i assumed it probably wasnt the best thing, but i wasnt sure, so i went on building the rest of the computer anyways. but when i tried to turn it on just now, absolutely nothing happend. so, would this probably be a psu problem, or am i just being stupid and have forgotten something?

2. inverse

inverse Banned from GR

Well, if a pin from the connector is missing, then you've definately got a problem.

3. nym_kalahi

well, i just found out that i just had my front panel connectors in backwards. now when i turned it on, my fans go, my cpu fan is on, my video card is on, my harddrive is on, my cd drive opens, but my screen remains blank. anyone know what the cause might be? could it still be the psu?

4. -=DaRKSTaR=-

-=DaRKSTaR=- Senior Member

check that the gfx card in properly .. memory is in properly

connectors sound ok .. check the back of the case in case wire might be loose - if everything running fine its not the PSu i just think somethings loose somewhere - we'll see how it goes

5. nym_kalahi

ha stupid me. the vid card WASNT in right =/

its all good now :]

(ill probably be back soon with more questions about the BIOS and such(this is the first time i've tried building my own system))

6. -=DaRKSTaR=-

-=DaRKSTaR=- Senior Member

hehe no probs ;) glad it works now lol happens ;)