Ps3 Vs 360? (no Wii!1)

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by thoth243, May 14, 2008.

1. Ini

Ini Well-Known Member

Nothing about MS making the Xbox makes it bad. They just made it bad. I mean, there one of, if not the, biggest household name in the world, and are responsible for the majority of the worlds OS, and they don't even put a browser on it?

Anyway, this is pointless. Shourisha1 did a two month bump. This original topic was posted in May.

2. Birel06

Birel06 Well-Known Member

The 360. I've always been an Xbox fan, and I have been really happy with my Xbox's so far.

I had an issue with my very first one where the CD opener jammed, but that was when they were brand new.

Same with the 360. The CD opener jammed, but it was new. Never had a problem since, and been loving it.

The 360 is better for online play, and they have these things called achievements. The achievements just make the games more fun to play. And some of them are rediculously hard making you want to play the game even more just to say that you got the achievement for it.

3. -DawG-

-DawG- Well-Known Member

Xbox 360.

Better games. And it only breaks down if you don't turn it off when your not using it, or of course if it drops. PS3 has free online because the service is horrible.

4. Ini

Ini Well-Known Member

Ever played it?

The PSN is actually only slightly behind XBL in comparison. In fact, I find PSN to be a much more reliable service than XBL. For instance, my Xbox keeps on getting disconnected randomly, and that's 90% of the time mid match on Halo 3 or something, which means I loose a rank. Whereas my PS3, which is on the shelf above my 360 and is also connected via wireless, has only disconnected about once in the three months (to the day) I've had it. But, my 360 gets disconnected daily.

I didn't leave my 360 on, but it still broke. Microsoft's customer support for RRoDs is freaking terrible. Hell, there customer support is terrible. I've sent emails to them on several occasions asking for help with a problem, and I have never had a reply. Although I've never had to use Sony's so I can't compare them, but I doubt it could be worse -_-

And actually, the Xbox has no better games than PS3. The PS3 actually has more exclusives (source, Sony's E3 press conference) than the 360.

5. astranger79

astranger79 Well-Known Member

sigh, u shldnt chuck out the Wii as a possibility, its pretty much a flick of the wrist or making circles or ---- like that, you can hardly call it exercise unless u get Wiifit or mayb wii sports.

if u still only want x360 or ps3, i'd say 360

6. Akkito

Akkito Member

Get a 360.

Yea Xbox Live is not free...but wth ... its like 50 bucks a year...and its far more superior than the PSN ,plus the new fall update will make it even better.

360's has better games. Like Gears ,Halo and DoA and other Multiplatform games. And now that we know Final Fantasy 13 is going to be on the 360 which makes PS3 completely useless.

The only one good think I noticed about PS3 is that its a pretty decent Blu-Ray player...and the cheapest one out there.

[IMHO]

7. QcSpeedy

QcSpeedy Well-Known Member

PS3 vs Xbox 360 vs Wii

Wii
    - Graphics sucks ... 0/3
    - No HD ... 0/2
    - Games sucks ... 1/3
    - Games for kids only 1/3
    - Gameplay is horrible 0/3
    - Fun: A little bit, but only if you're a big gang to play with. If your a lonely gamer, forget it ...1.5/3
    - Price: cheap ... 3/3
    Wii: 6.5/20

Xbox 360
    - Graphics are generrally really good ... 2.5/3
    - HD available but there is only a HDMI plug in the Xbox 360 elite ... 1/2
    - Games are good ... 3/3
    - Games for teenagers and adults ... 2.5/3
    - Gameplay is good ... 2/3
    - Fun: Great. Good for gamers and occasionalvideo games players ... 2.5/3
    - Price: heavy if you want full HD (elite) and xbox live isn't free ... 2/3
    Xbox 360: bonus of 1 point for the great choice of games for 360: 16.5/20

Playstation 3
    - Graphics are near to perfect ... 3/3
    - Full HD available ... 2/2
    - Games are good and will be good, but there are not enough ... 2/3
    - Games for teenagers and adults only ... 2/3
    - Gameplay is nice ... 2.5/3
    - Fun: Good fun, but not if you're in gang. Better for lonely gamers. 2/3
    - Price: Heavy, but online is free and the blue-ray is worth it ... 1.5/3
    PS3: bonus of 2 points for the blue-ray player: 17/20

Conclusion: PS3 and 360 are similar, each have their advantages (Wii is bullsit, don't buy it). I would really like to have halo 3 but because of the blue-ray player, I bought a 40g PS3.

8. Birel06

Add .5 more point to the 360 for maturity reasons. The 360's exclusive games:
    Bioshock, GTA 4, Gears of War, Halo 3, Call of Duty 4. They are all mature.

Take 1 away from PS3 for the maturity reasons.
    Most of the game on the PS3 are either teen or below, and not very many of them would be fun to play online.

Final results.
    Xbox 360: 17/20
    PS3: 16/20

9. Ini

Ini Well-Known Member

Lol. Edit it so the Xbox wins.

Adult is mature. Bioshock is coming to the PS3. GTA IV isn't PS3 exclusive, neither is Call of Duty 4.

Seriously. Do you make up facts to make the Xbox look better? Have you played on a PS3?

10. Birel06

I have and I thought it sucked compared to the 360...I'm not playing favorites I'm just telling facts from what I've seen....

11. QcSpeedy

QcSpeedy Well-Known Member

Iniiii is right. Bioshock is coming to the PS3. GTA IV isn't PS3 exclusive, neither is Call of Duty 4.
    So my compilation is good.

And by the way there are more mature games on ps3 than on 360.

12. Ini

Ini Well-Known Member

IMO there's about equal. But honestly...who gives a ------ about the gamers age rating?

UKs age rating is much simpler.

3+
    7+
    12 - depending on who it's classed with depends on it's rating, 12, 15 and 18 are a different board to the others)
    (12+)
    (16+)
    (18+)

Halo is a 15, CoD4 is a 16+, MGS4 is a 15, Mass Effect is a 12. Then Bioshock is an 18, and so is GTA IV.

Much easier to understand.

Lol. Nice job fanboy.

From your posts, it's obvious to tell you have never played on a PS3, and if you have you played on it with a "I'm going to hate it attitude". You clearly know very little about gaming if you think GTA IV and CoD4 are 360 exclusives.

13. Akkito

Akkito Member

Obviously you like PS3 better because you own one. Not I'm not saying ur a PS3 fanboy. Some parts...are...NOT RIGHT...lets start with Graphics... cmon...almost perfect ? oh rly ? Basically they are the same...in some games 360 wins...in some games PS3 wins. But they both look nearly perfect for the current gen.

and HDMI is available on every 360 console now. cept the HD cable comes with ELITE ,you can still buy it separately.
    And why people always complain that XBL is not free...if you can afford the console ,you can afford the damn XBL...its only 50 bucks a year! And you cant even compare XBL to PSN... cuz XBL is obviously superior ...

Yes the blu-ray...PS3 is a good blu ray player...and the cheapest one...but you can still use DVD9's.
    I still see no point in buying a PS3 ... its 2 damn expensive for a console...and there's literally NOTHING 2 PLAY. (I dont like MSG and I dont like Killzone)

[IMHO]

14. Ini

Ini Well-Known Member

I personally find XBL only to be slightly ahead of the PSN. Most people make out how vastly superior it is, but there is actually very little difference. XBL has more features, but PSN does the job just fine.

Nothing to play huh? GTAIV, COD4, MGS4, Uncharted, Warhawk, Resistance. Admitedly, the games list is pretty bland at the moment, but come this time next year these will be added to the list: Little Big Planet (IMO looks like the best game I've ever seen), Resistance 2, God of War 3, Final Fantasy Versus XIII , Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy Agito XIII, Call of Duty 5, Killzone 2, MAG (massive online battles) and Uncharted 2. Some may not have been released, and not all are exclusives, but that certainly looks a lot more attractive that the 360s list. I don't even think I've listed them all.

After GoW2, the Xbox has nothing big (announced at least). There a rumors about Halo 4, but I plead with every bone in my body to MS they don't make it. 3 killed the series, it would take something special to revive it, and if it's bad... :( GOW2 is getting overhyped. I think it will be a disappointment. An awesome game without a doubt, but with all the hype, they'll be that sad pang of disappointment deep down. Fable 2 looks pretty awesome too though, and hasn't been overhyped.

Too much hype ruins games :( It's like chocolate. It's great, but too much and you become fat.

15. Shourisha1

Shourisha1 Well-Known Member

Two month bump? If memory serves, the post before me had been made about just a little before I posted.

As for Halo 3, I love it, thousands upon thousands of others love it. But, I agree that they should try something a little new for Halo 4.

As for future games, it kinda sounds like you have a bias. GoW2 looks good, Fable 2, Halo Wars, and some others. They look to have just as much quality as any of the PS3 games to be released soon. But, as I said, PS3 has a game coming, sooner or later, from the guy that made Shadow of the Colossus. Everyone should think about that XP But, as for RIGHT NOW, exclusive wise, you've got Warhawk, MGS4, Resistance, and Unchartered. Compare that With Halo 3, GoW, DoA4, and others. PS3 doesn't have as many games, but it will. And PS3 has some good, solid exclusives out NOW. Just not a lot.

As for XBL VS PSN, it's kinda up to what you're looking for. It's WORTH the cash, because you do get a lot of nice, extra stuff, that PSN doesn't offer. But, both play games online.