Ps3 Vs 360? (no Wii!1)

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by thoth243, May 14, 2008.

1. siemensbv

siemensbv Member

i think ps3 is better more graphics

2. Nigge

Nigge Well-Known Member

Thats not true, in some games yes, but 360 still have stunning graphics, as example, some people say PS3 has better graphcics on GTA IV than X360, but i watched one video that showed on other side 360 and other PS3 and same thinks, PS3 was way overblurred and 360 looked better, so, idk, i think its kinda tied up on it.

3. Shourisha1

Shourisha1 Well-Known Member

Ok, first things first, Halo 3 on live=Amazing. Period. The rest of the game rocks too, but live is awesome.

Anyway.

Go for either a 360, or Wii. PS3 will have a lot going for it, in the future, but not yet. Blu-Ray is great, but it hasn't really made good on it's possibilities yet. Same with the PS3's technology. In the future, it'll be awesome, but right now, most multi platform games actually look BETTER on 360(not a huge difference, but it's there. It's not enough to pick 360 over PS3, but it's just one more thing on the list). The online system is OK, but not as good as Xbox Live. Sony has lost most of it's REALLY good game exclusives, and you can be sure it will only lose more. And, when comparing exclusives, 360 simply has more. Halo, Dead or Alive, Gears of War, Ninja Gaiden 2... The list goes on, while PS3 really only has Resistance and Metal Gear. Both good games, but 2 compared to the amount 360 has? Ehh..... And the Quality of a lot of the 360 games is just as good, if not better, than PS3's 2 good exclusives, so you can't say Quantity over Quality.

But, PS3 has a lot on the horizon, it's just going to be a while... Up to how long you wanna wait. It IS getting a game from the creator of Ico and Shadow of the colossus, afterall.

In short, 360 has better graphics atm, more games, better online, cheaper price.

4. Greasy Pete

Greasy Pete Senior Member

gears of war on xbox is the only thing i think its go going for it

5. Shourisha1

That's an opinion. Fact is, 360 has MANY quality games on it. You may not like them, but the fact is that they are well made. Again, Halo, Gears, DoA if you like fighting, Ninja Gaiden 2 if you're into action....

6. Ini

Ini Well-Known Member

Now is the time of the PS3 IMO. A year ago, I'd be recommending the 360, but now, the PS3.

Blu Ray
    Things are moving onto blu ray already. It's worth buying the console only for the blu ray feature, as it's a cheap blu ray player.

Graphics
    Equal with 360 overall. Period.

Design
    The console looks great. It's black and so can hide in a cupboard without being noticed if wanted. Plus, the fact that it's virtually silent is great.

In Console Design
    Far superior to the 360, the XMB (equivalent of the dashboard) is clean, attractive and customisable. There is a new dashboard coming out in the new future, personally, I think it looks dreadful, but whatever your style.

People often go "XBL is way better than PSN". It is better, but not by as much as it's made out to be.

Games
    PS3 has a lot more going for it in terms of up and coming games. LBP, Killzone 2, Resistance 2 and MAG to name a few. Though 360 has the edge on games already released.

Try both consoles, then make your decision. I recommend the PS3, but don't take it on what people say. There's great reasons to get either or. Also, take into consideration what consoles your friends have, and whether you'd be able to play online with them.

Oh and by the way. Halo is crap. Online is fairly fun, but CoD4 blows it out of the water and some way onto the shore.

Get your facts straight. PS3 has more than two exclusives; Uncharted, Resistance, Warhawk, MGS4, Gran Turismo, Ratchet and Clank, Buzz Quiz!, Motorstorm, Heavenly Sword, Resistance 2, Killzone 2, MAG, FFXIII Versus, Little Big Planet and God of War 3 to name a few off the top of my head. The only exclusives I'm getting for the 360 is GoW2 and Viva Pinata, because kids games rule. B) And maybe Fable 2 if it looks any good. Whereas I have my eye on nearly all of the up and coming PS3 exclusives, and some of the older ones too, but then again, that's my personal taste in gaming, I can't decide what you'll enjoy to play.

And what exclusives has the PS3 lost aside from FFXIII?

I take your statement and use it against you.

7. EBK

EBK Senior Member

PS3 is "down", but in the long run ( next 3 years or so) PS3 is the victor.
    PS3's are powering researches (Folding@home) beat that 360's! :) lol

8. Shourisha1

[/b][/quote]

First, you can't "use my statement against me" because quality is quality. You may not like the Mona Lisa, but it's still a good work, quality wise.

Anyway, you're right there, it IS a cheap blu ray player. But, for the time being, that isn't going to help you much, unless you just really love the extras in DVDs, or you're obsessed with the small increase in image quality. In a year or two, it may be time to buy a blu ray, but right now, you can be regular old DVDs, and not lose much in quality.

As for graphics, you're dead wrong. Look at GTA, and Assassin's Creed. Actually, there's a topic about this on Gamespot. Though, personally, there isn't a HUGE difference, but there is a slight one.

As for the design, I like both. Both are quiet(at least my 360 is), both are easy on the eyes. I do love black, tho. You could always get 360 elite lol.

And yeah, I've played both Xbox Live and PSN. I prefer XBL by a huge margin.

Ps3 lost FF, Devil may cry, GTA, and at least a few others. And out of those xclusives, only a few have sold really well, and even fewer are the type of games people go out and buy a system for, sadly. Don't get defensive, I think the Ps3 has some great possibilities, but for the time being, I'd go 360.

As far as upcoming games, that's kinda uop to what you like. I don't may a whole lot of attention to either systems futue releases(sadly, I work 40 hours a week and I'm still broke). But, I know there are some good, quality games cpming for 360. Halo wars looks slick, other people like Gears of War 2. As for Killzone 2, the first was only decent. I wouldn't go betting on it's sequel just yet :/

As for Halo getting beat by CoD4, I like both, and gameplay wise, there is no best. Just up to the way you like your FPS. I personally hate the random deaths that occur so often in CoD4. I like a little less realism in my FPS, and a bit more room for strategy and tactics. For the most part, I have NEVER heard a team plan and work together in CoD4 online. Usually, they were arguing about the sizes of their penises :/ I didn't have that problem too often in Halo 3's online. But, that could have just been REALLY bad luck.

But, something has to be said about the way Bungie has listened to it's fanbase, and acted accordingly. They have made 3 map packs so far, 2 of them currently free downloads, and they are working on at least one more. Also, we see so much done with the game, even on a weekly basis. New weekend events, every few months new additions to the playlists, new tweeks that make it even more fun. This isn't meant to be rude, but I've never heard of ANY gaming company going to the lengths Bungie has for their fans. Heck, they even gave a guy free stuff, when Microsoft jipped him!

Anyway, he's right about one thing: Play each console yourself, decide what sort of games you like. Invest some time into the choice.

9. Undertow

Undertow Senior Member

Shourisha1 you're a biased fucktard who only states opinions and relies on Fox for 'facts'. Nothing you say can or will be taken seriously.

On that note. I'm a 360 kind of guy. I like Xbox Live.

10. Shourisha1

Undertow, what the heck does any of that have to do with Ps3 vs 360?

11. Mortified Penguin

Mortified Penguin Senior Member

End of.

12. Darkmage

Darkmage Senior Member

[/b][/quote]

First, you can't "use my statement against me" because quality is quality. You may not like the Mona Lisa, but it's still a good work, quality wise.

Anyway, you're right there, it IS a cheap blu ray player. But, for the time being, that isn't going to help you much, unless you just really love the extras in DVDs, or you're obsessed with the small increase in image quality. In a year or two, it may be time to buy a blu ray, but right now, you can be regular old DVDs, and not lose much in quality.

As for graphics, you're dead wrong. Look at GTA, and Assassin's Creed. Actually, there's a topic about this on Gamespot. Though, personally, there isn't a HUGE difference, but there is a slight one.

As for the design, I like both. Both are quiet(at least my 360 is), both are easy on the eyes. I do love black, tho. You could always get 360 elite lol.

And yeah, I've played both Xbox Live and PSN. I prefer XBL by a huge margin.

Ps3 lost FF, Devil may cry, GTA, and at least a few others. And out of those xclusives, only a few have sold really well, and even fewer are the type of games people go out and buy a system for, sadly. Don't get defensive, I think the Ps3 has some great possibilities, but for the time being, I'd go 360.

As far as upcoming games, that's kinda uop to what you like. I don't may a whole lot of attention to either systems futue releases(sadly, I work 40 hours a week and I'm still broke). But, I know there are some good, quality games cpming for 360. Halo wars looks slick, other people like Gears of War 2. As for Killzone 2, the first was only decent. I wouldn't go betting on it's sequel just yet :/

As for Halo getting beat by CoD4, I like both, and gameplay wise, there is no best. Just up to the way you like your FPS. I personally hate the random deaths that occur so often in CoD4. I like a little less realism in my FPS, and a bit more room for strategy and tactics. For the most part, I have NEVER heard a team plan and work together in CoD4 online. Usually, they were arguing about the sizes of their penises :/ I didn't have that problem too often in Halo 3's online. But, that could have just been REALLY bad luck.

But, something has to be said about the way Bungie has listened to it's fanbase, and acted accordingly. They have made 3 map packs so far, 2 of them currently free downloads, and they are working on at least one more. Also, we see so much done with the game, even on a weekly basis. New weekend events, every few months new additions to the playlists, new tweeks that make it even more fun. This isn't meant to be rude, but I've never heard of ANY gaming company going to the lengths Bungie has for their fans. Heck, they even gave a guy free stuff, when Microsoft jipped him!

Anyway, he's right about one thing: Play each console yourself, decide what sort of games you like. Invest some time into the choice.
    [/b][/quote]

This.

I own both consoles, and I get a fair amount of enjoyment out of both. Each has its downfalls and high points, and they compliment each other nicely.

360:
    + It has a great selection of games. Even though I bought this console in the beginning solely for GoW, I have since discovered many worthwhile titles like Halo 3, Mass Effect, Forza, Dirt and a few Madden games. Also Bioshock.
    + I enjoy the online community quite a bit more than the PS3 Network. For the most part, the fact that you have to pay for a membership keeps the younger audience away, which is a plus when you don't want a 6 year old screaming Pokemon attacks over the mic.
    + It was cheaper. I don't care what people say about Red rings of death and console failures, nothing bad has ever happened to mine nor the vast majority of my friends' 360's.
    - It's a bit chunky, but then again, so is the PS3.
    - Doesn't have a Blu-Ray Player

PS3:
    + Also has a great selection of games.
    + Online community is decent when you consider that it's completely free.
    + The Blu-Ray player.
    + Rechargable wireless controllers.
    - It was a bit too expensive when I bought it, but it was worth the money now that I think about it.
    - No HD cable bundled with console. This pissed me off the most, to be honest.
    - Puts off more heat than 2 elephants making love.

---

Try both and see for yourself which one you'd like to have. Honestly, if you can afford it, buy both. That way you won't be stuck without exclusives for either.

13. Shourisha1

Yeah, but who can afford both? Lol.

14. Ini

Ini Well-Known Member

Really? Your PS3 gets hot? Mine doesn't even get warm, but I could use my Xbox as a room heater to be honest.

Also, I wouldn't base your choice solely off of what people say here. A lot of people hear are as biased as hell, and some probably haven't even played on the other console. Although people who own both consoles will be able to give you a much better picture of the pros and cons of each console.

As for difference in graphics quality. Do you actually put two TVs next to each other and compare the graphics? When in game you don't notice the difference at all, it's only evident if you put them side by side.

Another point to make your decision of, is that Microsoft and Nintendo have their new consoles planned to be released in 2010. That's two years away. But Sony don't have theirs planned until 2012. Of course, there's delays to put into that time scale, setting them back by at least a year, but that's two more years you'll get out of a PS3 before it becomes outdated with a new model.

The PS3 is an investment. The up and coming games look much better than the 360s IMO (excluding GoW2 and Viva PiƱata, which look at least as good), plus, the PS3 has blu-ray technology, and that will over take DVD sometime within the next four years at maximum (see above paragraph for relevance) and also means you can fit much more on a single disc, meaning no need to change disc, and giving the PS3 much more potential than the Xbox. The Xbox doesn't even have a web browser, and it's made by Microsoft FFS :rolleyes:

In short, the Xbox was made as quickly and as cheaply as possible, hence all the problems at launch, and it's evident in the quality of the hardware and software. I heard rumours that the Xbox Elite was planned to be the "original" Xbox at launch, but with the Wii and PS3 on the horizon, Microsoft released what they had so far to get a headstart on the market. Not necessarily true, but definitely likely.

And now you can almost guarantee someone who has played on a PS3 once before, making them an expert, to come and say I'm lying. B)

But it's all down to you and your personal taste. We can advise you, but not make your choice for you.

15. Darkmage

Darkmage Senior Member

I don't understand why the Xbox being made by Microsoft makes it bad. Microsoft acknowledged that they rushed the release of the 360, and besides a ponderous waiting period, made good on their promises to replace or repair broken consoles. I'm tired of people using the fact that something is produced by Microsoft as an excuse for it being a bad product. No, a product is defective because it's defective. It doesn't matter what company it's from. 90% of the time, the reason this argument is made is because people are afraid of "big huge corporationsesss lulzzz." Microsoft is one of the larger players in many technology fields, so many people automatically look down upon it because it's "corporate." The word really has lost its meaning.

And please don't say I'm just a Microsoft fanboy. Don't get me wrong, I love a lot of their work, but by no means will I arbitrarily assert it above other companies, nor should others say it sucks because that's the mainstream thing to do.

Back on topic; yes, my PS3 heats like a race-horse on a treadmill, but it's worth the performance, honestly.

If you want someone's opinion who has owned and played both consoles thoroughly, check my above post. And seriously, if you can buy both, do it.

If you have the extra $100 or whatever the difference is now, buy the PS3, because it's a cheap alternative to buying a Blu-Ray player and a great console to boot. If you're looking for a solid online community and dedicated stats ranking and the likes, go for the 360. A lot of the choice depends on what exclusive games you'd like to get. Gears of War and Halo games, obviously go for the 360. (Possible Bioshock 2?!?)