Ps3 To Monitor

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by BetaMerc, Dec 14, 2009.

1. BetaMerc

BetaMerc Well-Known Member

Walk in the Street, go to the sewer, go down, to t
  2. inverse

inverse Banned from GR

Yes. As long as your monitor has a VGA input.

3. BetaMerc

Well of course, it has both. (dvi & vga )

But since you're here, a second opinion never hurts.

As I said , I'm trying to connect the ps3 to monitor with an outside sound/speakers.
    Not spending that much money if you may check this with me.

Using the cable I just linked to ( http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16882339047 ) to connect the video of the PS3 to Monitor.
    Using this adapter ( http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16882021056 ) to connect the sound cables from PS3 to this speakers/sound ( http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16836664004 ) .

Really appreciate the help.

Wasn't sure if this would go under technology or help, mod plz move if its wrong, and thanks again.

4. inverse

inverse Banned from GR

Yes, that would work. I use something very similar for my Xbox360, however since my monitor has component and composite inputs already, I forsake the RCA -> VGI adapter.

The alternative to the RCA -> VGA adapter would be an HDMI -> DVI cable (such as this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...82E16812339007), which would give you a superior picture quality and less hassles. However, if you're like me, you probably also want to keep your PC connected to the monitor as well, and switch between the input on the screen. (my dell does picture in picture which is awesome for quickly switching to check something on my PC).

In summation, YES. What you have picked will work perfectly. Altho the HDMI -> DVI cable would be a wise choice also.

5. BetaMerc

Okay HDMI to DVI it is. Don't know why didn't that came to mind before lol. And about checking the PC, I have dual screens.
    Also, what speakers do you recommend me? . If its possible, I'd like it to have easy switch for headset (note - with a mic) and AUX in.

6. -1337-

-1337- Well-Known Member

cool ill try this :P

7. inverse

inverse Banned from GR

Well, personally I'm using a set of Logitech Z4s, and they're great. However they're a couple of years old now, so you there's probably newer models out. Pretty much anything Logitech made is decent. Mine has a little remote control panel which plugs into the speakers and sits on my desk, which has a big volume knob and AUX In/Out for headsets. Makes it really easy to set volume and to connect headphones/headsets.

Mine cost me $100 well over a year ago (NZ dollars, which at the time where worth about 50c american).

8. Freakedclwn

Freakedclwn Senior Member

Get HDMI > DVI.

9. Cannibal_Lector

Cannibal_Lector Member

i like where your going with this.