Ps3 Or Xbox 360?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Cytherea, Nov 20, 2007.

1. Cytherea

Cytherea Well-Known Member

Hi, this aint a debate thread, i just want to know all infos on what to get for this christmas, atm im going to get a huge christmas bonus so i'd be buying alot of expensive gifts this year ;)

So basically what console shall i purchase?

PS3 or Xbox 360? ( not wii since im not really fond of it )

So i cant help getting 360 since the online system is really fabulous with gear of war and halo 3 and all, but PS3 is also getting MGS4 and FFX13.

I already got a nice computer, can play crysis on very high settings + DX10.

So help guys ;)

2. Arkasuss

Arkasuss Well-Known Member

its games will always be better.

3. CarpeDiem

CarpeDiem Well-Known Member

360. I love mine.

4. Deathlock

Deathlock Well-Known Member

I don't know, I have a PS3 and I think it's better than a 360. I played both because a lot of my friends have a 360 and when I got the PS3 I just prefer it a lot more than the 360, also you gotta remember, God of War 3 is coming out :P

5. blahablaheek

blahablaheek Well-Known Member

You have a computer, get a PS3.

Assassin's Creed, Splinter Cell, Mass Effect, Bioshock, etc. are all out/coming out for PC and 360, and your computer will definitely be able to run them.

6. xlink

xlink GR's Tech Enthusiast

it depends on which console YOU think will work better for you.

I'd say f' the xbox since you can play GoW on your PC and chances are halo3 is on it's way in a bit as well.

I'm not a fan of the PS3, I honestly believe it's the less solid choice. but for you it looks like there will be more software titles for it that you can play than you could with the xbox as you can sue your PC for a few games as well.

7. jimorrison

jimorrison Well-Known Member

well 360 but never actually played PS3 so not much of help , lol....

8. AG Cliche

AG Cliche Well-Known Member

360 by far IMO.

Much better games.

9. XxCarbinexX

XxCarbinexX Well-Known Member

360. I just never really liked any of the Playstation consoles. Plus I think that the 360 has better games.

10. Ombre

Ombre Well-Known Member

It really just depends on what you want. To me it seems ps3 will have a lot of rpg oriented games, while 360 has a lot of fps games. But considering a lot of those 360 games can be played on your pc, ps3 might be your best choice.

11. .HaVoC.

.HaVoC. ┌∩┐(-_-)┌∩┐

<span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS">I say 360 cuz the PS3 can't really compare when it comes to the games right now. Not to mention everything coming out for the PS3 will just keep getting delayed.</span>

12. -=DaRKSTaR=-

-=DaRKSTaR=- Senior Member

exactly why im getting a ps3 for the rpg oriented games ... i get very bored in playing FPS nonstop so RPGs let me spend hours on a game - You cant just say 360 has better games ... you probably only interested in FPS whereas im not and will find 360 having crap games even though there are a couple that interests me but they on PC anyways

360's main games like Halo 3 and Gears Of War are already out on PC including other games such as Bioshock , Crysis and not to forget Assassins Creed that you can play if your PC is up to par - There isnt anything interesting on 360 besides FPS style games - Basically what you get on 360 comes on PC anyways and games will ALWAYS run better on PC with better physics & detail

PS3 in other words .. yes the stuff inside is oldy same goes for 360 and since developers are finding it hard to develop games for it the main games are coming out Q1-Q2 2008 - I am buying mine around the same time FFXIII and MGS4 come out or maybe get God Of War III as well including the standard games liike GT5, Tekken, GTA :D and a note ... these games DO NOT come on PC either except for the franchised Fifa/--- Evo/NFS etc style games

Just have to wait for the games on PS3 .. it was like the same for PS2 as well but its sales are still going up not to mention PSP generating sales (buying a psp slim this month just for FF:CC) :D

Ive played on both systems ... 360 i just find it very good but seems normal - Even though i have to say ps3 'copied' wii style remote it did a good job & is something different especially in driving games .. Motorstorm & Formula 1 game on PS3 is awesome :D so i believe GT5 will use the same 6AXIS i hope - Since DUALSHOCK3 is coming out just have to see what happens :)

Both systems most likely going have price drops with 360 being slightly cheaper because it came out earlier to maximise sales

13. Pulse.

Pulse. Well-Known Member

PS3 is better imo, 360 games come out on the PC more often than staying on the console itself. The better PS3 games are on the way after christmas like MGS4, GT5, FXIII and more..

14. Cytherea

Cytherea Well-Known Member

Thanks for the help guys, i think i have ended up purchasing both ;)
    And yes its true that most 360 games are on PC, so PS3 will be better option ;)

15. Krish

Krish Well-Known Member

360, it has the best games by far. Wii is the best console but the games suck.