Ps3 Or Xbox 360?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Premium-Tutorials, Nov 10, 2006.

1. treeunit

treeunit Member

PS3 is t00 expensive, for me its down to the xbox360 or wii

2. Balthier

Balthier Well-Known Member

Hmmm...where did the Wii go?

3. Nucstorm14

Nucstorm14 New Member

PS3 didn't rush out to get their system out. They took their time and it will prove that it is the best system out there when people buy it and it becomes BIG really quick. Also think about how Microsoft rushed to get 360 out last Christmas, it was good but had some weak games to start out. PS3 isn't going to have weak games when it comes out. They aren't going to have features taken out of Madden or NCAA when it came out like when the 360 came out. PS3 should rip 360 in pieces when it comes out this Friday. Mark my words.

4. RIOTnub

RIOTnub New Member

Xbox 360 ftw

5. Renagade

Renagade Senior Member

Neither.

Moved to Gaming

6. EA Genesis

EA Genesis Senior Member

i think the xbox 360 is better and alot cheaper..
    the ps3 in my opion has more games
    but the xbox has better games

HALO

p.s. i really dont like the ps controllers

7. xlink

xlink GR's Tech Enthusiast

actualyl it was delayed a lto because the whole PS3 project ----ted on itself. Oriiginalyl it was mean that Cell would save sony money as it woudl do both CPU and GPU calculations but that ----ted on itself

then theres the fact that manufacturing cell is hard at this time yields are onyl around the 10% mark and the best CPUs are going to medical research, the worst are going to PS3s.

the PS3 is a good idea too early...

about 5 years too early.

and tis more rushed than the xbox 360 as its design has been changed and downgraded so many times. it was originally thought to be 50% mroe pwoierful than the 360. As it is now it has a weeker GPU and the CPu albiet more powerful is ahrder to program for. Also the RAM allotment(256mb gddr3 for the GPU and 256mb XDR for the CPU) allows for higher performance in properly coded applications with small working sets for the enviroment but can hinder performance if the working data set for either part becomes too large - with PCs you have game seating over 1024mb of RAM.

Also both the Xbox 360 and the PS3 are about 2 years out of date in terms of performance.

if I had to buy a console I'd buy a wii simply due to its new IO implementation.

If i had to buy a PS3, I'd pop it open swap out the crap 60GB ahrddrive for a 200GB drive, install linux on the thing(if its possible) and use it as a backup computer - it could actually be a decent cruncher - it just doesn't have enough system RAM to run linux and firefox at the same time...

8. Sub.wtf?

Sub.wtf? Well-Known Member

for me its the 360. if you like online gaming, xbox live cant be beaten or even matched for that matter. sony is trying hard to model their online service off of xbox live but imo, it might be too little too late because xbox live is 4 years or so in the makign and sony is just now trying to come up with something to compete and it just wont be happening.

9. BrendanR

BrendanR Senior Member

Wii and Xbox 360 I think are much better than PS3. :)

10. capita

capita Member

i definetely agree
    the 360 is much better and it has great graphics

all people that say ps3 is better, have you played it?
    unless your a dev, then no
    and the ps3 commercials are stupid really >_>

11. Thoz

Thoz Active Member

I have always preferred Nintendo and Xbox over Sony, and im very satisfied with my 360

12. stokey

stokey Well-Known Member

I have to agree, i think the xbox 360 is much better. From what i've seen i personally dont think its worth the money.

13. Thisistheend

Thisistheend New Member

What about the Wii? lol

14. mk man

mk man Member

I'm not too sure here. Xbox 360 has some good things but doesn't seem very promising. PS3 has sokme nice stuff too but has a high,HIGH price.I would just go with a Wii now.

15. monkey8fast

monkey8fast New Member

ps3 doesnt work with about 200 of the old playstation games, and is alot more expensive thant the 360, but has the best grafix