Ps3 Or Xbox 360?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Premium-Tutorials, Nov 10, 2006.

1. .//XeN-

.//XeN- Well-Known Member

Wii.

2. Clown

Clown Well-Known Member

Seeing as no one has actually played the ps3 - most people have just seen video's etc its quite hard to tell.

I personally would go for the 360 as I have one already and they are a beast. The ps3, just has too much stuff in a console IMO, for instance Blue ray, nice idea, but the disks more than likely will cost more, etc etc ^^

3. Mickymac

Mickymac Member

This is pointless i'm afaraid because people that are Xbox fans are gonna say that the 360 the PS3 while people that are PS fans are gonna say that PS3 owns the 360 and nintendo fans are gonna say that the Wii will own both and how do i know this... because every single topic made about consoles always end up like this :wacko:

4. .sXe

.sXe Senior Member

XBox!

Merged Post:

XBOX!

5. Hadouken

Hadouken Well-Known Member

Well, if you have money comming out from your ass, or if your parents are big spenders, then go with ps3..But I actually don't see the difference between the two, other than disk space.. They practically give the same results anyway.

6. xlink

xlink GR's Tech Enthusiast

they have about the same level of power yet with the PS3, you have to pay an extra 300$ for a damn blu-ray drive

no thanks

and again, I am getting neither. Seriously fanboyism for consoles is rather (what's the term again) stupid.

7. Premium-Tutorials

Premium-Tutorials Well-Known Member

Not being a fanboy, just want a new console ^_^

8. xlink

i'm advising those who are somewhat budget limited to look into either the wii or the 360. in my opinion it is better to get a slightly less powerful system and to have 5 or so games for it extra than to pay the big bucks and have nothing to play.

9. Sapphire Blade

Sapphire Blade Well-Known Member

ps3 definitely, people complain about the price but look at all the stuff that is crammed into it...it is worth alot more then $500 or $600 dollars.

Games
    Experience high-definition gaming with PLAYSTATION®3 games!

Cell Broadband Engine™
    The PLAYSTATION®3 is powered by the Cell Broadband Engine™, a revolutionary microprocessor that leapfrogs the performance of existing processors, giving the PLAYSTATION®3 system supercomputer-like power and performance that, until now, game developers have only dreamt about.

Blu-ray Disc™
    The built-in Blu-ray Disc™ player means you can enjoy next-generation high-definition entertainment, including games and movies.

Multimedia: Photos, Music, Videos, Internet
    PLAYSTATION®3 provides an endless array of multimedia activities, all without even inserting a game.

Always On
    PLAYSTATION®3 delivers “always-on” online connectivity; offering a world of online possibilities including multiplayer gaming, text and video messaging, voice chatting, downloading content and browsing the internet.

SIXAXIS™ Wireless Controller
    The new SIXAXIS™ wireless controller enables you to harness the powerful potential of the PLAYSTATION®3 system.

Backwards Compatibility
    Play thousands of PS one™ and PlayStation®2 games as well as your CDs and DVDs on the PLAYSTATION®3.

System Interoperability
    PLAYSTATION®3 and PSP® (PlayStation® Portable) play nice together. Easily exchange media like photos, videos and music from your PLAYSTATION®3 system to your PSP® system. And get ready to witness an explosion in creativity as developers take on the challenge of integrating the PSP® system into PLAYSTATION®3 games.

High-Definition Capabilities
    Enjoy high-definition entertainment, HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) means you can use your PLAYSTATION®3 with High-Definition displays as well as conventional or standard TVs.

Hard Disc Drive (HDD)
    The PLAYSTATION®3 comes with either a 20GB or 60GB removable hard disk drive (HDD).

Technical Specifications
    For all the details see technical specifications.

Always On*
    Continuous broadband internet service required. See the product documentation for details.

HD*
    Video output in HD requires cables and an HD-compatible display, both sold separately.

info from:www.us.playstation.com/PS3

10. xlink

it costs sony about 750$ to make and they sell them to retailers for around 20-50$ less than retail

look at what's crammed into the xbox 360 and Wii for their price though.

onyl way to get me into a PS3 is if they released a really good working version of linux for it.

11. Greasy Pete

Greasy Pete Senior Member

id get a ps3

i dont want to play for xbox live

12. System-M3

System-M3 Well-Known Member

wrong the 20gb model also has hdtv functions..it also has an hdmi port

13. Sapphire Blade

Sapphire Blade Well-Known Member

sorry to tell you, but your wrong...a blue ray dvd player costs 600$ by itself, i wasn't talking about how much it costs sony, the fact of the matter is that the hardware/software in it costs well over 600 dollars

14. xlink

you do realize that sony manufactures its own blue ray players and doesn't need to pay retail right?

15. BaXiess

BaXiess Member

ps3. It maybe comes a little late but it has better function's, wmv's graphics of ps2 and xbox are the same of the play mode of the ps3, that's really cool. The game's are bigger, maybe a bit more expensive but you play it longer. The controller is wireless, the xbox 360 has this also so that's a + point for both but i just wanted to mention it. When i think about it, The ps3 is just like the Xbox 360, only with new function's and a couple of things are better :) that's why i'm waiting for the ps3 :)