Ps3 Advice?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by LostUchiha, Aug 16, 2008.

1. LostUchiha

LostUchiha Well-Known Member

Guys, I'm considering getting a Playstation 3. I only want to get it because of Killzone 2. Only recently I realized how sexy Killzone 2 looks. There also a number of other games I want to get the PS3 for including: Resistance 2, MGS 4, Little Big Planet, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, and Legendary.

So I need some advice. Should I spend that much money on a PS3? If so which one should I get a 60gb HD or 80gb HD?

2. .Jammie.

.Jammie. Active Member

Well, if you think you're gonna find yourself online with the PS3 alot then get the 80. But tbh, you never really fill the HD to the max so get a 60, much cheaper, no need to waste money. If you want to spend that much money on a PS3 then go ahead, it's your choice really.

3. EBK

EBK Senior Member

i'd wait a bit longer til that 80 gig price drops then buy, but if you'd like to play PS & PS2 games then buy 80 gig now.

4. ShoockProof

ShoockProof Well-Known Member

No offense
    Ps3 ------ing sucks if you want something
    good it's wii or xbox 360.

5. Solid Snake

Solid Snake Senior Member

you could always go on ebay and buy a bigger hard drive if you want for free.

6. Cool Cloud

Cool Cloud Well-Known Member

Dont believe that one bit. I have the 80 GB PS3 and filled that hard drive to bursting. I had to replace the harddrive and I even have a few externals hooked up to it. You will easily burn through memory if you download, save and install games. It all takes up memory and your gonna need alot of it. Ive got close to a terbyte on the PS3 now just to be safe.

Couldnt be more wrong my friend. The PS3 has the 360 beat everwhere it counts. Not only does it have free online play the PS3 is the only system that has the Bluray. Right now the 360 is working on getting a Blueray drive.. They backed up HD and lost horribly. Dont get me wrong the 360 has more games the the PS3 but the PS3 games are much better quality and IMO the graphics are better. 360 still runs on normal CDs and DVDs. Where a Blueray disk holds up to 50 GB of information. So a game like FFXIII would be 1 disk on Blueray but 4 disks on 360. And I dont have much to say about the Wii. Just that its mainly for familys and its full of mini games. Its not really for a hardcore M-rated gamer. Its a pretty good system and it has a pretty good price tag. But I'll have to say Sony PS3 all the way.

So all in all I would have to say to get the PS3. Its well worth it and if you dont believe what Ive said walk into your local Wal-Mart or Best Buy. They'll tell you what I did as long as they were schooled right. Right now I work in a Wal-Mart just to go through school and I can tell you the PS3 is a much bigger seller then the 360 and even the Wii lately. The games are coming for the PS3 so just get yourself one my friend. You wont be disapointed.

7. Drahgon

Drahgon Senior Member

I would get a 80 because the newer games are so huge, you have to install a lot of it. And trust me, right now being at Q4 of '08, theres tons of games comming out. Saints Row 2, Rock Band 2, Resistance 2, Killzone 2, LBP, Dead Space, Bioshock, Fallout 3 and the list goes ON!

8. Majin

Majin Senior Member

get the 80gig one mate, i myself have the 60gb and i have only 4gb of free space left.

9. Gal

Gal Well-Known Member

I personally have the 40gb version, and I like my PS3, although I don't use it as much as my Wii. I'd suggest you get the 80gb version tbh, cus most games take up quite a bit of space. But personally, I find playing on the Wii is a lot more enjoyable. IMO.

10. travmanx

travmanx Senior Member

Does anyone know or have any ideas when the price of the 80gig will drop? I want one so bad, but I don't know about spending 400 bucks just for that.

11. Majin

Majin Senior Member

wait for the Christmas deals

12. FUBAR

FUBAR Senior Member

I wouldn't worry about the HDD size because you can always upgrade at a later date. I bought the 20gb the 2nd week the PS3 was released and recently installed a 250gb into it.

13. FallenAngelVII

FallenAngelVII Well-Known Member

lol @ fanboy.

He just said he was looking for PS3 advice, why was that necessary?
    If you want BC go for the 60GB (if you can find one), if you are just looking for memory, hold out til' the new 160GB model is released.
    It is supposed to cost $399, so you will save yourself the trouble of adding in the bigger HDD yourself.

14. Pulse.

Pulse. Well-Known Member

what hdd did you get? as i need to upgrade mine quite soon.

15. Ini

Ini Well-Known Member

It just needs to be a 2.5" SATA HDD. Just put in 'PS3 hard disk drive' on Amazon and it brings up several. A 320GB is about £60.

I say buy the cheaper one, then upgrade the HDD. Like I said, you can get a lot of space cheap, and swap the HDD easily. And you could always just get an extra external one that plugs in the USB.