Problems With ... Well, Idk...

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by K4D, Sep 7, 2008.

1. K4D

K4D Well-Known Member

ok was building my computer today and this is my third one so I'm kinda familiar with how they work and how t build them, but today after i had everything plugged I hooked it up to the monitor and nothing came on, it appears like the mobo has power, the gfx card's fan works so i think that has power, but when i plug in something to the USB on the mobo it doesn't seem to get any power, or it might not have worked because the mobo hasn't been configured, idk, but i'm having problems and not srue even what info You would need to help me, will work on it tomorrow though any help you can give me woudl be great, let me know what other info you need and i'll try to get it to you

Thanks,
    K4D

2. White B O I

White B O I Well-Known Member

First make sure all the pins to the power cord are fully inserted into the mobo,

if any of the USB have a 3pin (or is it 4 pin? its to late for me to think atm) connector, make sure they're connected,

try an alternate monitor,
    or slap in an old PCI GFX card to see if its your GFX card,

I assume your GFX card has a 4pin connector so make sure that is plugged in as well,

this happened to me while building a computer for someone a few weeks ago,

the problem was that one of the PCI slots were malfunctioning so I removed the card in that slot and moved it over to a different one and it solved my problem,
    so if you have any occupied PCI slots, interchange them, or take them all out and see if it works,

if you have an integrated graphics controller, try using that after removing the GFX card,

also if possible test the PSU

That's all I can think of at them moment, I'm off to bed, I'm exhausted, get back to me and hopefully I helped somewhat.

Best of Luck,
    -Travis