Pro Evolution Soccer 5

Discussion in 'Movies' started by AM Nielz, Jan 27, 2006.

1. AM Nielz

AM Nielz Well-Known Member

Name Game: Pro Evolution Soccer 5
    Reviewed for: Playstation 2.
    Genre: Sports

At first, you do your game disc in the Playstation, press start game and begin to play a little match. Everything is alright it seems, you've been playing Pro Evolution Soccer since the 1st one, so you put it on 4 stars. Then you start the game..

At first; you'll be shocked, you say random nonsense like "This game sux" or "I'm going back to PES 4". But then... you'll see that this game is much better than PES 4. It has those tiny little things that make the game one of the better, if not the best, sport games that exist.

Graphics
    The graphics in Pro Evolution Soccer 5 haven't really changed from Pro Evolution Soccer 4, you can see that as a plus or a minus. For myself, i see this as a big plus. The graphics aren't as shiny as in Fifa, they áre the most realistic.

The changes that are available in Graphics is for example the smoke coming of the mouth when it's cold etc. And some extra players which face ingame looks really realistic.
    [​IMG]

Sound
    The sound is still the only thing in my opinion that isn't what it should be. The ingame sounds itself are okay, just a funky beat but the commentary is still a bit boring.

Gameplay
    The most important thing: Gameplay. On Gameplay, the game is a 9,8/10 in my opinion. This because everything is so finetuned, you can aim your passes perfectly, set up an attack just like you want (with some practice) etcetera. It ís changed from the other series, which i think is a good decision, the game is more in depth than for example Pro Evolution Soccer 4.

Multiplayer
    To begin with normal multiplayer, on Playstation 2 it's possible to play up to 4 players. You can choose to play against each other, but it's also possible to go against the com.
    The Online Modus is just magnificent, you can just pick the Online and start playing. They keep record of every win, loss and draw etc. There is also a big ranking.

Basing on playing for a couple of months now, i give this game a
    95/100
    This because the game is really addicting, fun to play and has an excellent online mode.

If you have any questions, dont hestitate to pm me or respond in this topic.

2. Blazeman

Blazeman Am I Evil?

Question What kind of game is it?

Will i put it down after just a few games...or will i want to keep playing more?

3. AM Nielz

Woops forgot the multiplayer part

I've been playing this game for very long already, not 24/7 but i just play like 2 games (game - 10 min.) a day.

4. Blazeman

Blazeman Am I Evil?

Does it have online features to play others ?

Sort of like Madden?

5. AM Nielz

Erm, its just added in the review ;) (nah kinda 3 hours ago xD)

6. Blazeman

Blazeman Am I Evil?

Is it hard to play 4 people at one time or is it like freakin cool?

7. michaelo123

michaelo123 Well-Known Member

iv got this game and its wicked i love it just gets boring tho.good review

8. AM Nielz

It works perfectly, it just works like Player 1 + Player 2 against Player 3 and 4. Example: Player 1 has the ball and passes, the guy to who he is passing is Player 2. (just a quick example how it works). It's also okay for a small screen, not like race games where the screen is split up in 4.

@Michael: Thanks for the reply :)

For myself, it never gets boring, i play it every day and can't really get enough of it. It's really fun to play with friends too, i play it like once a week, 4 hours a row with friends :)