Power Supply

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Aiden, Oct 6, 2006.

1. Aiden

Aiden Well-Known Member

Trust me, I did plenty of homework. There was nothing wrong with the card, I made sure of that. I will admit that I made a rash decision on purchasing that power supply. I was a bit confused about what xelink has said about the voltage and what not. I did intend to purchase the Enhance PSU originally, knowing full well that it would do the job. But I opted out and got one that same day, instead of waiting a week. Well, now i'm waiting since it's going to take time for the RMA as it is.

The reason I called you dumb was that you acted like I knew it was a piece of ----, which I was UNaware of at the time, and saying how xelink told me so. Sorry for the misunderstanding, im not looking to start a flame war here, just a help war ;)

So I understand that I will RMA to get my x850pro, along with purchasing the Enhance 500W PSU. Please correct me if im wrong :D

2. xlink

xlink GR's Tech Enthusiast

allswell that ends well. i think we can al agree that a minor inconvenience and 10-15$ is better than the loss of an entire PC/permanent damage

and I still have a ----astic RAIDMAX in my backup PC which is causing random restarts and hardware damage to an extent(wikl remedy it though, fry's elkectronics sometimes sells seomwhat decent 600W PSUs for 10-20$ after rebate, somewhat overrated but certainely stable form the reviews i've read)

plus you can probably take that enhance PSU to your next build, chances are that thing can run a single 8800GTS(no guarantees but it looks speced too, 420W off the 12V rails alone! thats 35A!)

ohh and here, for a quick laugh
    http://xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=118176

7800GT uses mroe juice than 7900GTX. so you should be good to a point for atleast a whie and yeh, possibility of taking it to the next build(might want an auxilery PSU for GFX cards but not necessarily)i personally regret getting my enermax over the Enhance PSU now that I've read some reviews, enhance was cheaper and it simply puts out more(atleast i cna justify myself in saying that my mom only orders from sites which use american express since she's paranoid and ewiz doesn't use checks as far as I know so I can't take money out of my bank account[which I'm dying to do i have like 3300 saved up and i need a new monitor since my old oen died on me]).

3. Aiden

Aiden Well-Known Member

Haha coolmax FT LOSS. And for your check thing, can't you just buy yourself a american express gift card and use that to buy online?

That sucks that you have $3300 and no debit card. I only got 1500 and i've had a debit card since i opened accound at $80

4. xlink

xlink GR's Tech Enthusiast

m dad doesn't want em to have one... i do need ot fix that ehh will fix in the enar future...

5. Aiden

Aiden Well-Known Member

Then give cash to a trusted friend, and get his parents to buy it online for you, I've done that before. Or just go over to their house one day and do it then.

Ill keep you posted about how the PSU and GFX card situation turns out.