Power Inverter

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by homeboy9, Apr 22, 2007.

1. homeboy9

homeboy9 Senior Member

While this isnt computer related, it is technology:

Anyone that doesnt know what an inverter is Read on first. There are 2 types of current, Alternating current which we use in our houses, and Direct current like computers and car batteries. A generater creates electricity from gas and puts it into AC. But a batter is not the case. It needs to be changed by a 3rd party device....an Inverter..... Ok now that the lame geek side of me is done heres the issue.

My dad's -------truck has a max battery power of 1500w DC. He wants to use a microwave, stovetop oven(basically a single burner that can be moved), and a tv on it. This is not at the same time mind you. Most of the stuff uses around 1200w except for the TV. Would an inverter set for say 1600continuos power and a max peak of like say 2000w run on his truck. He doesnt want to over draw on his battery. I dont know if it would or not and thats the problem. Any ideas welcome... Thanks in advance

2. xlink

xlink GR's Tech Enthusiast

depends on the quality of the truck battery and the inverter.

typically you want to avoid using using high power electronics and you'de want to have more than one battery(preferably set on a switch)

also, what kind of TV do you have that uses over 1200W? I think my 20 inch computer monitor uses under 40W and I assume some BS chips to regulate TV signal couldn't use more than maybe 5-20W...

3. homeboy9

homeboy9 Senior Member

lol the TV easily runs, but microwaves and stove top ranges don't, but anyways my parents found a 1500w inverter that does it continous and it seems to be working fine. Thanks for trying