Portfoilio design!

Discussion in 'Website Design and Coding' started by epik-designs, Jul 29, 2010.

1. epik-designs

epik-designs Banned from GR

Tell me what you honestly think. i know its pretty plain and simple, but i love simple and clean designs. CNC alot!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. epik-designs

bump????

3. Za¡n

Za¡n KEEP IT CLEAN

Very basic design man like you said, i'm into the simple sites too, gotta be honest tho the text in the banner looks a little tacky. And in my experience, alot of times when you have a logo it should have something to do with you(or the company), if its just there to have one idk i think it comes off bad (unless your like walmart or a popular franchise, they can get away with murder lol). i don't really see what links your portfolio to the logo other then its there as a space holder.

4. epik-designs

i get what your saying. thank you for the comment. i didnt just want a banner with text in it. i later added the slight background. so maybe i should take the Logo thing out?

5. Za¡n

Za¡n KEEP IT CLEAN

Yeah man no problem.

1. I would either change the logo or get rid of it entirely. You could change it to the initials of your name or something that involves your services? Though web design and programming might be a hard one in that aspect.

2. The text i personally think needs to change to a less cartoonish looking set. Then again a portfolio site should reflect you as a person and your services. Just if your going to be using this site as a professional outlet for getting business, and so fourth, maybe go towards a text type that makes the statement, but doesn't keep the traffics eye focused more on it then the content.

3. Look around the web, get some inspiration from what other sites are doing, in your case look at some professional portfolio sites to see what you find appealing and use them as an inspiration.

http://dopeawards.com is actually one of my favorite sites just for that purpose, it showcases a bunch of sites (a lot of portfolios also) with stunning design and things that catch your eye. I use it as inspiration whenever i'm starting on a new project and am in need of new ideas.

Hope this helps!

6. epik-designs

thank you but my main hobby is programming, and i hadn't worked on this in forever, so i added a new header, and finished with all the forms in one day so i could get back to programming.