Port Forwarding/firewall Help!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Blinkz, Apr 10, 2008.

1. Blinkz

Blinkz Senior Member

SO i got a copy of Dawn of war dark crusade to play my freind online and i can connect to the lobby etc but not the matches! it says configure your firewall or forward your router ports? but i have a modem? -.0 idk... are they the same? lol also it says OR try and configure your firewall (Im Using Zonealarm....)

So who ever finds me easy info to follow that leads to me playing online with my m8 gets all my creds.! ;)

2. Slight

Slight Senior Member

you don't have a router? than configure your firewall, allow the ports that the game uses to allow access idk about zonealarm tho :(

3. Sanity Penguin

Sanity Penguin My sex is on fire

Yeah, either disable your firewall when playing this game or go to it's options and configure it to allow connections from that sites/game

4. TAD. Zolo

TAD. Zolo Well-Known Member

Yeah, slight and sp have the best suggestions it seems. Try one of them. Can't think of what else could be wrong.

5. Slight

Slight Senior Member

just find out the ports the game utilize if it's TCP/UDP in/out ect and give it allow access should work but to make sure, do as Sanity Penguin said disable it first play.. once you know is the firewall for sure than configure it

6. Blinkz

Blinkz Senior Member

I disabled my firewall and i CAN connect to games! but... i would like to play games with my firewall on so i need info how to config zonealarm with DoW! or just find out which files access the internet so i can allow them :(

7. darkshine

darkshine Well-Known Member

If you go into the program controls for ZoneAlarm and just search for anything to do with DoA (look for the name of the game, abbreviations of it and anything with the name of the company that publish the game) and just make sure it's all ticked (all four boxes are green). I've never known ZA to block a game before, normally it allows them. If your settings are all on High that could also be the problem; as long as you're running the firewall all the time when surfing and have anti virus Medium settings work fine so lower them and see if it helps.

8. AKW

AKW Senior Member

Just out of curiosity... are you running some sort of server or something?

Why would you need to be behind a firewall? If you are just an average computer user and have a firewall it is basically pointless (Use Window's Firewall but more is overkill to say the least) unless you are not blocking anonymous internet requests (usually comes on routers), not filtering multicasts (modems and routers), or aren't filtering IDENT. As well, that wont stop viruses and spyware nor intruders. Especially if you aren't behind a router and opening ports. LOL Because you can get through that in about ten seconds....

So why ------ with it if you are just wanting to play a game? Uninstall it unless you are running a server at your house or something....

Edit:

And if it is internet shopping you are worried about, or something of the likes then I hate to say this but... get with the times? If something is going to happen it wont be through your computer anyways, it will be through the servers which you go through and leave your data trails. So, you can keep the firewall up but that is my five cents right there on the subject.

I only run my firewalls REAL strictly on my Linux servers for HTTP and my RO servers with constant backups, because firewalls do didly ---- if you know what you are doing and are a hacker.

9. Kozanatos

Kozanatos Well-Known Member

is this your game?
    Dawn Of War - Warhammer 40k

TCP Ports
    6667, 28910, 29900, 29901, 29920
    UDP Ports
    6112, 6500, 27900, 27901, 29910

you can just try "UDP 6112" because supposidly thats the only one you need...
    try that out

find your lan ip ctrl + r, cmd, ipconfig

Go in your router (192.168.?.?) find the port settings
    Foreward UDP 6112 to your internal IP and test...

10. Neuron

Neuron Senior Member

What model and make is the modem you're using?

11. ~.Showtime

~.Showtime Well-Known Member

12. scarletham

scarletham Well-Known Member

Find out what ports the game uses, then add it as an opening / exception for your firewall.

13. Ghosn

Ghosn Well-Known Member

[Opening Ports]

| Windows Firewall |

Step 1: Open up your control panal and double click on Secruity Center

[​IMG]

Step 2: Click on Windows Firewall. When another window pops up, select the Exceptions tab.

[​IMG]

Step 3: Click Add Program and browse for your Dawn of War game, after you have selected it. Click Ok. You should be ok after that, but just in case, you can open up some ports.

[​IMG]

Step 4: Click Add Port. When a new window opens up, Type a name for your program (eg: Dawn of War: Dark Crusade), then type 6667. Select TCP and Click ok. Repeat this step for ports 28910, 29900, 29901, 29920. All TCP.

[​IMG]

Step 5: Click Add Port. When a new window opens up, Type a name for your program (eg: Dawn of War: Dark Crusade), then type 6112 Select UDP and Click ok. Repeat this step for ports 6500, 27900, 27901, 29910. All UDP.

[​IMG]

Step 6: Click OK for everything and it should be done.

| ZoneAlarm --- Port fowarding {Does not work on regular ZoneAlarm} |

[​IMG]

Step 1: Open ZoneAlarm ---

[​IMG]

Step 2: On the left hand side, click on Firewall.After that, under where it says Trusted Zone Secruity click custom.

[​IMG]

Step 3: Scroll down till you see Allow outgoing TCP ports. Click on Allow outgoing TCP ports. In the blank box below, type 6667, 28910, 29900, 29901, 29920. Click apply and ok after you have finished.

[​IMG]

Step 4: Scroll down till you see Allow outgoing UDP ports. Click on Allow outgoing UDP ports. In the blank box below, type 6112, 6500, 27900, 27901, 29910. Click apply and ok after you have finished.

[​IMG]

Step 5: Click OK for everything and it should be done.

Hope this helped!