Politics With Some Jokes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 0racle, Sep 7, 2008.

1. 0racle

0racle Well-Known Member

Hey I consider myself a libertarian and I just don't know it really sucks voting usually I usually don't .
    this is because when considering the democrat side I usually like there stances on rights like abortion drugs and the death sentence and of course the freedom OF and FROM religion, but I hate there stances on environmental regulations and there welfare and large government stance. The oposite is true for the republican side I disagree with the jesusland assertion and the ----life ----death sentence stances but usually like the economic stances.
    any comments on who you fellow libertarians like this year or even repubs or demos that want to convince me

also my friend told me these two jokes
    A libertarian is a conservative who's been busted.
    and
    A libertarian is a liberal who learned economics.
    lol

sorry for spelling/grammar just got home from a party, I'm quite tired and quite out of it
    oh and anyone know how to fix my age on my profile ?

2. DA-mikey

DA-mikey Member

lol

3. narutofan

narutofan Active Member

I'm pretty young and not to informed on politics but I guess I would say i'm a democrat because I can not stand the Republican rhetoric that they are the party Jesus would pick. But after the 110th Congress seeing the Democrats giving in to Republican demand is sickening and makes me want to be something else.

I was going to vote in my first election but after picking Joe Biden for VP I think I'm notgoing to vote at all.

4. SomeThingCreepy

SomeThingCreepy Well-Known Member

i stick with george washington and thomas jefferson to say that political parties corrupt a nation.

5. Mortified Penguin

Mortified Penguin Senior Member

Politics is the joke.

6. pianoman0723

pianoman0723 Well-Known Member

Yeah... Those Republicans sure hate the government controlling the economy. That's why, in the direst of straits, they TOOK OVER the two biggest (and once most profitable) mortgage companies in the nation, right? Man. This really is a true free market.

7. ferret

ferret Well-Known Member

Just for the record, would you rather those two companies fail (and with them, pretty much the entire housing market, a bunch of people suddenly becoming homeless, etc. etc. etc.)? Sometimes what is necessary is not in line with your ideals.

8. Unkie

Unkie Senior Member

ya, you was out of it. be sure to pass some my way, 'eh? :)