Police Report

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ::JULIO::, Mar 29, 2005.

1. ::JULIO::

::JULIO:: Well-Known Member

lol...I hate my school completely now.....Anyone have dynamite???j/k

2. 07.

07. Well-Known Member

im from houston too.. it doesnt look like any school would be stupid enough to do stuff like this..
    what school do you go to?

3. Audacious

Audacious Senior Member

Well it would be funny if you did now go and shoot up the school.

AAAHHHH you drove me to it, you ruined my life :lol:

*Warning*

Above comment was a joke :D

4. XnightmareX

XnightmareX Well-Known Member

Your school has some serious problems..

5. ::JULIO::

anyways i Go to Macarthur...and yea....I have like 2 hours before my computer gets taken away from me, lol , but if i play my card right, I'll keep it, lol......and by their way they got strict cuz of the minnisota shooting

6. 07.

07. Well-Known Member

... sounds like a private school

7. ::JULIO::

actually it's a public school, what school do u go to???well better yet what district?

8. Iaijutsu

Iaijutsu Active Member

I am an RCMP officer in Canada which is our federal force. I don't know much about Texas law though. The best advice I can give you is to explain the circumstances surrounding the picture. Show them the content of this site i.e. the things that are said. This will show that things that we discuss and talk about are NOT gang related. You need to show the picture that you had and explain what it is and what it's for. You also need to review your Student Handbook and find out what they are refering to.

You need to articulate to your school and to the police that it's a misunderstanding. You know what they are thinking but you are into graphic design and the picture they saw is an example of the type of work and designs that the designing community produces.

If you still have a lot of trouble, find out what all this means, i.e. things that will stay on your school record etc. If it's something that goes away in a few months off your record, then it may be best to leave graphic design at home. If it's permanent, I would speak with a lawyer that can help in finding out what your rights are under your law in Texas.

That's about as best as I can do. If I think of anything else, I'll post. General rule of thumb though, if you think it may get you into trouble at school, it probably will. If you honesty didn't know the rule, or the rule wasn't clear in what it was trying to govern, then you had no INTENT of breaking a rule and as such should have been brought up to speed of what is acceptable and what is not. If the rule says NO ANIME PICTURES OF GUNS, then your probably in a little trouble. If it said no pictures of guns on school grounds, but didn't specify cartoons, animes, or real pictures of guns, then there is some room for misunderstanding, because chances are the gun in that sig was a fictional gun.

Bottom line. You need to know what the handbook says, it will be open for interpretation from the school and police. You need to articulate and explain the circumstances behind the photo i.e. this website and others to prove they are not gang related. Describe your interest in graphic design and gaming. If worst comes to worst, then find a lawyer who can explain your options.

This is the best I can do. Hope it helps, but like I said above, I'm not aware of the laws in Texas or school policies.

**** And for the comments in the posts above, edit them out NOW. You know which ones.****

9. ::JULIO::

Whoah, thanx for the info, and i'm looking through our handbook as we speak.

10. Phat Albert

Phat Albert Well-Known Member

Wtf do you do with sigs that you printed out? Your school is gay. Go throw crap at the principal's house.

11. ::JULIO::

I had the sigs because my friends requested them....AND YES the last 2 sentences u wrote can be agreed uponed

12. 07.

07. Well-Known Member

i go to PISD...

13. Michael

Michael Well-Known Member

do you live in Texas?

Edit: sorry I kept reading down and saw you live in Houston. I do to, but in Spring. Dang small world.I work in the Galleria area.

14. Jack ACE Sawyer

Jack ACE Sawyer Well-Known Member

Suing is your only option.

15. Blazeman

Blazeman Am I Evil?

NWA:

"MOTHA---- THE POLICE"

:D