Pokemon Soul Silver/Heart Gold

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by dinges, Mar 20, 2010.

1. dinges

dinges Senior Member

anyone nerdy/young enough to play it?
    used to love silver when it just came out (good 10 years ago) so I'm thinking of picking them up, just for nostalgia's sake

2. pekan

pekan Member

I had crystal back then.
    I got SoulSilver a while ago, it's pretty cool.

3. xlink

xlink GR's Tech Enthusiast

just heard about them, need to try them out.

4. Lefthanded

Lefthanded Gentlemen of Leisure

My friend got Soulsilver. It`s basically like Silver just now they give you a pedometer so everytime you walk you and train your pokemon.

Pokemon is dead.

5. dinges

dinges Senior Member

if it;s exactly like silver, i recon I'll be spending a lot of hours on it when it comes out here :P

6. Nicasus

Nicasus Well-Known Member

Pokemon Yellow is awesome.
    Then comes Crystal tbh.

7. dinges

dinges Senior Member

crystal was nice, but why the focus on suicine? that thing was useless

8. Nicasus

Nicasus Well-Known Member

Because he looks badass.

9. dinges

dinges Senior Member

compared to the other two? not a chance

[​IMG]

10. Prince Zainx

Prince Zainx The Dark Prince

Pokemon Silver and Gold were the only two Pokemon Games where I actually played them to the very end on my GBA when the games came out. I recon I still have them here somewhere in the garage downstairs. Still the remake on the two Best Pokemon Games ever on the NDS was good, I still don't get it. It is the same damn thing over again except now it is on DS where you gotta freaking push buttons and shit with a dinky pen and get new pokemon images upgrade which is cool, but kinda sad as they all look the same no matter what view you have on them haha...

Overall my view on these two games (after playing both of them since they are practically the same) would have to be ... good that they are on a new Gaming Console but GameFreak needs to move away form all the Kanto Jhoto Hoen Sinnoh leagues and bring forth a new Pokemon Game for Version 5 which will in itself contain the first four leagues (as you can go back and beat them over again), with new Pokemon, New Moves, New Characters, New Storyline and a bigger world. Meaning instead of having the same boring 8 Gym Battles and 4 Elite Four Battles then a battle with Rival to become the Champion is too old. Yes it is good but old. Game Freak needs to move away from that concept and go something different. Instead of having 8 Gyms have either more gyms, or have none. Just have a plain league that you have to compete against...something different.

Good Game but remake is a bit sad. I was *this* close to buy a NDS just for the Soul Silver version of the game but when I downloaded and played the ROM's on no$gba on my Laptop, I said haha ..good game but not worth the 200bucks spending on a new Gaming System...only for the stupid Pokewalker which is like a timer for runners or people who do track and field or just are planning on loosing a bit of weight as it tells how many steps you took. Maybe, they should've put a small hearbeat calculator in it while they were at it haha..would help from going home and staring at the clock for 60 seconds or 30.

I'd give it a 7/10 Good but not that Great.
    Prince.

11. dinges

dinges Senior Member

completely agree on the part of needing a bigger world with all the worlds and pokemon in it, but realisticly speaking, that's not going to happen... the 5th generation of pokemon is set for the end of 2010 in Japan if I'm not mistaking, just a new world with 100+ new pokemon...

12. HermitDash

HermitDash Member

I got both Silver and Gold The Figures that came with it looks smexy. I still play and it's good fun the Only Version I liked/got in the old days was Gold so Iono about yellow/red/blue so blahhhh~

13. Prince Zainx

Prince Zainx The Dark Prince

Hey Dinges, got a link for that? I would like to play the roms once they come out haha...

14. inverse

inverse Banned from GR

Technically the ROMs are illegal, which means you'll only find them on Warez sites. Just fyi. I'm sure you know the implications.

15. Incubus16

Incubus16 Member

I'll be playing this purely for nostalgia's sake.

Honestly... who knows how many of my childhood hours were spent on Pokemon Red, Yellow, and Gold? It'll be cool to revisit those memories with a shiny new coat of paint.