PM Gordon Brown

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FM Gus, Jun 27, 2007.

1. Morv

Morv Well-Known Member

People can't just keep on running away from problems. If your country has issues, you must seek ways to improve your country.. you don't help your country by running away. Even terrible things like wars aren't allways bad. And the best example is Belgium : Belgium has been in wars more than any other country (occuped by the spanish, french, germans, romans, etc.) and we've come out great. We didn't run to other countries, we stood our ground. Allthough you might go through some terrible times, your country will improve if you help, instead of run.

2. FTWrath

FTWrath Well-Known Member

You say that now but when you experience extreme poverty and missiles falling all around your house during bomb raids you'd change your mind too.
    Going on for 15 plus years and no sign of stopping all over some religious bull----... yeah you'd want to get out. Sorry but I could give a ---- about religious wars and we weren't about to loose our lives because of it.

3. Morv

Morv Well-Known Member

All i'm saying is that if you keep running, your country will still be the same ----hole it was when you left it.
    Stand up to the morons trying to ruin your countries.

4. FTWrath

FTWrath Well-Known Member

Yeah... stand-up... to the dictator shooting people on the spot for interfering. You didn't see what I saw. In the 7 short years I spent there I saw more horrific stuff than you will see in your life.
    My dad fought in the war (so we didn't run) and to this day at night when he sleeps he tends to talk to himself. It's not something I enjoy seeing. However I wouldn't trade it for still living there and further experiencing it.
    It's a safe place now but it's also not like they let everyone in. You can't just say you want to go and they let you. You must meet a lot of qualifications. U.S. has a set amount of people they allow in every year so why not fill that set amount? That amount is the number of people that the country can sustain.
    My town I lived in was secluded to begin with and we had nothing to do with the war nor did we want to. We got dragged in. I could give two ----s about the country itself. Unlike what your lifestyle is like, we supported ourselves (Crops, animals, water holes, etc). Government had no part in our lives... but when a war erupts over their stupidity I have to support them? My father has to put his life on the line for their asses?
    Yeah, I'd take my chances elsewhere. I have family all over Europe (Germany, Austria, Croatia, Sweden, and Belgium) just to name a few.

5. Teh Gravity

Teh Gravity Well-Known Member

I personally think he'll do a good job.

6. Morv

Morv Well-Known Member

The country can sustain.. haha. No, thats what the country can sustain in statistics and moneywise. But think of the average person on the street, they don't want to be surrounded by people who don't know the language, don't intergrate, etc. (I'm not saying all immigrants don't integrate).
    From what i've experienced, immigrants are more likely to cause problems/trouble than native people.

7. iPro

iPro Senior Member

Not always. It's generally the illegal immigrants that come here to make money the easy, illegal way (selling drugs, robbing people) But for the ones that come over to work on farms (I live in Arizona, lets use it as an example) in 110+ degree weather, I respect. Show my one white person that would do it, one black person that would do it, or one asian. We would all have some sort of excuse, because we've never lived in Mexico for 5+ years. I bet if we did, we wouldn't mind hard labor to make our lives easier, make them easier for our kids, and grandkids.
    Now, the drug dealers eventually want to become gangster, start getting into that state of mind, start shooting up people. These, need to be sent back to their home countries, if not worse countries.
    My parents work at the jail here, and truly, they get more natives then immigrants. Want to guess why? They think their better because they were born here, and that they can get away with anything cause their name is John and not Juan. They can drive drunk, and all that.
    All I'm saying is that most immigrants come here to start a better life, plain and simple.

~iPro

8. Teh Gravity

Teh Gravity Well-Known Member

I think the terrorist attacks on the UK over the past few days have been to pressure Gordon Brown.

9. kirbir

kirbir Senior Member

I don't judge others because of the people i have met so don't worry about that, i judge people who i have met personally depending on how they act and how they are with me and others. I think you took what i said differently to how i meant it, i have met more polish people who are nice and respect others than i have who are disrespectful and basically not very nice people to be with.

I wouldn't judge a book by its cover and i definitely wouldn't judge the polish because of some of the people i have met. ;)

10. FM Gus

FM Gus Well-Known Member

Scotland the Brave! Sunny Scotland! Home of the wo
    Typical. Everyone blame wars on religon. Wars happen, it's a fact. It's jsut like arguing with you sibblings, except on a much larger scale. Think of it like that, it could be something trivial thats being fought over or it could be something big like nukes. But things like oil and who controls seas and things cause war, not just religon; so don't use that as an easy way out.

11. kingcraigj

kingcraigj Well-Known Member

i dont mind war refuges, i do pitty them sometimes.

wars will always happen we are just a waring race. :)