PM Gordon Brown

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FM Gus, Jun 27, 2007.

1. Morv

Morv Well-Known Member

ouch!

2. Shendo™

Shendo™ Well-Known Member

I Agree With This

3. FM Gus

FM Gus Well-Known Member

Scotland the Brave! Sunny Scotland! Home of the wo
    LOL!

You think tax banrupted the country? Without tax, we would have almost nothing. Everything we get is paid for us(although we pay for it throuhg tax). How did Brown bankrupt the country? We're like the 6th richest country in the world...

4. kingcraigj

kingcraigj Well-Known Member

well he used the gold to pay for the polices forces,nurses,mp's and other people of similar stature to pay for the pensions!!!! the police dont put enough into there pension to cover the amount they get back!!

hes not far off bankrupted it!!

with all these polish imigrants totaly draining the country. the poles sent back to there familys an estimated £1 billion.
    now britain doesnt have many, if any at all, factorys that export porducts, so britain is only surviving from the money that is already in the system, ie, a work gets paid £100 then spends it in tesco ect ect so the money stays in the country but with things like that goin on its totaly draining the country!!

britain has been very poor since the world wars and still paying back loans to america!!!!!

britain isnt half the empire it used to be, the country is goin to peices!

look at the state of the police force, they are terrible! i live in north wales, which has the highest amount of speeding fines in the country because we have a nazi like cheif of police!! its crazy.

and with britain importing almost all of its gas and coal and petrol, thats more money going out of the country.

i know tax is there for the country and stuff, but, we have a huge tax on petrol, and now hes going to have a tax for pay to drive, but isnt that already on the petrol?? surely the more petrol you use the more you pay in tax??

pole tax has double since gordon brown has been chancelor.

do i need to say anymore??

5. Llamaman

Llamaman Senior Member

If you knew anything about economics then you'd discover that Gordon Brown has been one of the most sucessful chancellors ever. While he was chancellor, the UK has had the longest run of economic stability ever and has been growing faster than most of Europe for a long time so it clearly isn't nearly bankrupy Most of the arguments you made were completely wrong and haven't been researched.

For example, the reason some (note: not all) of the UKs gold reserves were sold was to balance the proportion of foreign currencies held by the Bank of England. It was not used to fund any spending.

The increase in immigration from eastern european countries has defenetly not bankrupted the country, it has greatly increased the UKs economic growth. The UK suffered from a skills shortage before the expansion of the EU (e.g lack of doctors, dentists, builders etc) and eastern european immigration has helped to fix this shortage. Other economies such as Ireland have also benefitted greatly from this. The amount of money that immigrants sent home doesn't compare to the increase in GDP they have caused.

:rofl: :rofl: Yes, manufacturing in Britain is decreasing but Britian is not a manufacturing economy - China, India etc have taken over that role. Instead (like most other first world countries), the services sector (e.g banking) counts for most of the county's GDP and it is growing. Statements like this show you need to learn some very basic economics.

Again like most first world economies which need to import these resources, this is offset by money that comes into the country via business.

Road tax will aim to stop congestion by charging more to drive in busier places. The cost of driving on a busy motorway at peak times will cost more than to drive in the middle of the night. Its also used to stop global warming. Yes its another tax but its more efficient than fuel tax and road tax since it targets congestion as well as the amount of CO2 you release into the atmosphere.

Poll tax doesn't exist anymore, but if your referring to council tax then it isn't really the fault of the chancellor, its the councils that set the council tax rate. Measures have been put into place to stop the large increases though.

Im saying all this and i'm not even a labour supporter (im conservative) but i'm just stating how Gordon Brown has run the economy better than you think.

6. iPro

iPro Senior Member

As a polish person, I find that statement utterly retarded.

Firstly, immigrants take the jobs your too lazy to do. Yes, you.
    Since when is helping your family out in another country something to be a shamed of? 1 billion you say? Just goes to show, we can work to feed ourselves. If your so into the politics of your country, do something about it instead of just whining about it on a forum.

~iPro

7. kirbir

kirbir Senior Member

How the hell did the polish come into this??

I have a polish girl working with me at the moment and believe me she is a great worker and working to pay her way in Britain, she also sends a lot of money home to her mother and spends a lot of cash on her brother. She came to England for a better opportunity to live and get paid more than she was currently in Poland. Believe it or not, in Poland they pay 'pennies' for working! Her mother is a qualified nurse in Poland and gets nowhere near what i myself (a cleaner) gets paid.

You can't bring the Polish into this and say that they are bankrupting the country because they aren't, far from it. Yes i agree they have taken a lot of our jobs but hey guess what, thats because most of the english people are LAZY! They are only doing the jobs our fat ass english guys WONT DO!

Though i can say that some of the polish guys are lazy and have a bad attitude (Believe me the guys i have met had a VERY bad attitude) there are others who are really nice, they respect others, make a living, pay their tax, pay for all their household bills etc.... You can't come in here and say that immigrants are bankrupting the country with no backup to your so called 'facts/opinions'. Get your head out of your ass and take a better look at the world, maybe then everything will become clear to you!

8. kingcraigj

im sorry, but its not just polish people.

but the thing is, fair enough let some in but not as many as we have done.

they come to britain to help there familys, fair enough, but they will do a job for 1/8 of the price, so how can someone who lives in britain afford to compete, because living in britian you have to pay alot to live here, ie tax,tax and ummm more tax.

alot not all but alot of the polish people who come to britain, aply for free housing, and get it! they also get FREE NHS health care. the country cant cope with the amount of people in hospitals before they got here.
    they also get "the dole" if they apply for it ect ect.

and this is the best part, they get a state pention when they get to the age of 67!!!

ive got nothing personal with the polish people, its just that our country cant sustain so many people especialy ones who earn so little.

fair enough if the polish poeple would work for the same price as a britain would, but the birtish just cant compete!

there has also been a huge increase in TB cases since we have had 'open boarders'.

i know u say theres a shortage of workers ect, but maybe if the bus companys paid more they could get people to work for them, there are enough unemployed people in this country to fill in the needed jobs.

i just hate to see the country go like this.

from the great society it once was to bein almost the opposite.

oo and anyone wana guess my occupation? :D

9. FM Gus

FM Gus Well-Known Member

Scotland the Brave! Sunny Scotland! Home of the wo
    Llamaman :D

Yeah, Llamaman backed me up, right there.

And yes, Polish do work. They're good workers - They do what we're too lazy to do and work for a dirt cheap wage; it's appauling - Glasgow is filled with them, you can't exactly put anything against them, they're nice enough people.

10. Morv

Morv Well-Known Member

Sorry mate, normally i agree with your posts, but thats bull----.
    That was the attitude 30 years ago, today, they (immigrants) are taking every job away, not just the ones "we don't want".
    Also, in Britain, my grandfather went for a job application. They were with 10 (5 black people and 5 white people, not that it should matter). The black people who didn't receive the job got a letter explaining why, the white people didn't.

And whats all this bull---- about "we need asian, black, polish etc. people to make it multicultural". If a white man can do a better job, why the ------ do we need someone else doing it?

11. K_C

K_C Well-Known Member

I'll ignore the bit above about working because I am only 15 and do not have a job.

I think that he will do the country good if he does not take us to war or anything like that or spend money on useless things. E.g Tony Blair and the millennium dome :P

P.s If someone wants to bid on a signature then post here and get one credit and start it :)

12. iPro

iPro Senior Member

Don't get me wrong, people are lazy when you have money. When moneys hard to get (as in Poland), you'll do anything for money, all the "left-over" jobs that pay better then in their home country.
    Now, if you have 2 people applying for a job, and one person is more qualified, the logical reason would be to hire the more qualified them. Unfortunatly, these days everything you do (or don't do) is racial against some race. It's stupid, I know, but thats the way it is.

@Kirbir:
    Don't let a couple retarded polish dudes make you judge all of us. Ignore them, tell them no one cares, or just say that they have a small cutas (spelling may be wrong, pronounced Ku-tas)

~iPro

13. FTWrath

FTWrath Well-Known Member

Hmmm went from talk of Prime Minister to..... Downhill.
    I live in America. I moved here from Bosnia 10 years ago.
    Our family (of 6) came to this country with next to nothing.
    Now we are a upper middle class family. Live in a $250,000+ house in coastal Florida and can upgrade any time we wish.
    However, I came here from a 3rd world country that provided better health and living benefits. Even though it was in the middle of a Civil war.
    I must say, countries like Britain are marvelous. I wouldn't trade them but they take care of their citizens.
    We have illegals coming here and taking jobs but that's what an education is for. You get educated so you don't have to mow lawns, pick fruit, plant crops, landscape (unless you're a landscaper by trade), etc.

End of rant.
    Britain needs to return to monarchy and that's that. The country got to where it is now due to monarchy and personally I think they should return.
    They're just turning it into America V2.
    Immigrants aren't taking your money, it's the fat cats holding government positions that rack in the big bucks for sitting on their ass.

14. Morv

Morv Well-Known Member

But why don't they stay in their own countries and solve the problem. Running won't get them anywhere..

15. kingcraigj

just to clear things up, im not racist at all, and i have nothing wrong with polish people at all, i understand its a very poor country.

there was a thing in the paper about a piano player from poland who earns more as a cleaner in glasgow :P and he was a top piano player :D

but back to the topic,

the NHS just cant keep up with the amaount of people in the hospitals, its as simple as that.

and its not just the polish imigrants who are causeing problems, some, not many but some muslims are causeing alot of problems, in more ways than 1, now thats not an aim at every muslim who come on to gr.

britain is a constitutional monarchy. we do need a gov, with out it it would be terrible, i know all polotitians are liers ect ect, but the queen and her sons are much much worse, look at prince charles, he has loads of land across the country, when he wants to build something, he aplys for planning permition, and gets accepted, when a local applys they are denied :) and plus hes a freemason!!!!!!

i live in north wales, which luckily doesnt have many imigrants around but you do see more and more, but not to far away from me in wrexham, there has been a big polish comunity since the war, but now its goin out of proprtion, theres loads of them there, all the work there which would normaly be done by skilled british trades man is now being done by polish people for a very small amount.

and i know we say polish are gopd workers, but not many of them are "time served" (done there 4 year apprenatship) i know we could say the same about british workers but normaly if you wernt good enough in britain you would struggle to surive, but because the polish are so cheap, employers use them anyway.