Photoshop Is $600 O.o

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dr J, May 21, 2009.

1. Kirz

Kirz Well-Known Member

In bold - That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Do you not know there are tons of spyware and viruses for macs? They just aren't reported as much because the user base of Mac's is considerably smaller than PC and it makes Mac's look good to "not be infected" by virus and spyware. People think they are immune. Don't ever think you are immune cause you aren't. :D

Also it's that expensive because they control the market. Their product is the best and that means they can sell it for whatever they want. And they make more money now than they would if it was cheaper because people still have to buy it lol. Most companies that purchase it anyway, like big advertising firms, design companies, etc. buy the product in mass quantities. So say they have 500 designers and they purchase 500 copies of cs3. They would get it at a wholesale rate of say... 400 dollars instead of 1000. That's still 200k cash money. They rake that ---- in hand over fist. :D

Mmm monies. Should invest in Adobe... or Wacom.

2. i4n1k8

i4n1k8 Well-Known Member

Uhm, well I know people with macs who mass download tons and tons of files and never check the sources or anything and are totally clean. Including pirated stuff, it's mostly a scare tactic; if you join a pirate tracker for example you can view the sites trsuted members and download from them and it's in the sites BEST interest not to have you infected because of ad revenue generated from their site which would drop if members of their community started complaining. Just because they trade in illegal files doesn't make them monsters whose sole purpose is to destroy your computer, in fact most of them have communities much like GR where people talk and know each other and if you do upload virii they ban you (much like I hope it is here) and lastly it all depends on what sites you go to. There are trusted ones but I won't list them for fear of the all-mighty ban hammer.

I personally don't pirate nor advocate it because I'm a consumerist, if I have money and a company has products I like then I will gladly give them my money and support them. But pirating ESPECIALLY with a mac is for the most part safe. If you are worried then buy norton anti-vir. But in my 5+ years of use and downloading use it never catches anything XD

3. Zohair

Zohair Formerly zohBOT

I'm already liking you so much i4n1k8! In a very non-gay way ofcourse. ^_^

4. Broken

Broken Well-Known Member

You've posted an unnecessarily long statement in response to something he never said.
    I download, a lot, a lot a lot, and I don't check sources, and I'm clean, and I'm on Vista.

He was merely dismissing your claim that Mac's are that much safer than PCs (Because quite simply, they're not, and if they are the gap is not large). As long as you're not idiot you're essentially safe on both system's anyway.

He never said that people trading illegal files existed to destroy your computer, nor did he say they didn't have communities, nor did he say that they -want- to infect you. It may have been a good post but it was surprisingly irrelevant to what came before it.

5. Zohair

Zohair Formerly zohBOT

Phew... Broken has to insult people :unsure:

6. Broken

Broken Well-Known Member

Really.
    Care to highlight any part of that post that was insulting? Just, anything at all.

Unless you call labelling an irrelevant post as irrelevant insulting.

7. steez

steez Banned from GR

i read all of coners posts in a sophisticated englishman voice mixed with some jack black coner voice

8. MythicX

MythicX Senior Member

Thank god for MSDNN & Free student apps?

9. i4n1k8

i4n1k8 Well-Known Member

Actually I wasn't offended by broken's statement (there was nothing to offend me) what really happened was I began to make a response to kirz and it transgressed into a rant about all those paranoid people who are like "u'll get virsus 4 ever and break'd ur computerz if u do illegal ----!!!!!!!!" not that kirz is one of those people. What was at first a response to kirz BECAME a rant about other completely unrelated people. And I do not use pc's so I'm not gonna become one of those mac assholes who are obssessed with how pcs suck. I just simply stated that as a mac user I almost NEVER get spyware, that does NOT necessarily imply PC users do. But on reflection I realise that my comment was a bit mis-phrased and I stand corrected.

To end this post I would like to point to an article that demonstrates what I mean about "mac assholes" I am ready to admit that macs have faults.

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=macs_cant

Also it seems by my posts I too can't shut the ------ up XD

P.S. I appreciate that - ZohBot ^_^

10. Zohair

Zohair Formerly zohBOT

My bad, okay Broken, I was wrong, sowie! ^_^

11. Broken

Broken Well-Known Member

See, it didn't really make sense at the time, course, it does now. And I fully agree with you, got plenty of friends who ask me to download any music etc. for them simply because they're so paranoid about their own computer's. At least you weren't offended by my post, since it really wasn't meant to be in the slightest.

12. Kirz

Kirz Well-Known Member

I just read over my post and it came off a bit rude and I didn't mean it to be that way. Anyways, you didn't take offense or anything so it's fine. :P I used iVirus or whatever. But I also don't download on it. I have a crappy pc for all my downloads lol. :D

13. i4n1k8

i4n1k8 Well-Known Member

For small suspicious files nothing's better than http://virusscan.jotti.org/en and of course for the super dangerous ones you can just run them in a virtual os. But those are extreme cases.

Also, broken; kirz - we cool, but then you probably already knew that :D

14. }SoC{SainT

}SoC{SainT Well-Known Member

Just remember that you should be buying a commercial grade product. This means money is being earned specifically by using this product. And, in all actuality, none of us own Photoshop. Yup, I read that stupid license because I wanted to know what students miss out on (which the license doesn't specify, so legally, until they update it, I can use it commercially). The license is just that: a license to use the product. Says it right there in the license. And the fact that you buy a license makes it a bit of a given. That's why it's legal to have the program on your computer, just not use it without a license.

And it's listed as $699 on Adobe's website.

And it's worth it.

And I paid $500 for the Master Collection. ^_^

15. Nicasus

Nicasus Well-Known Member

wat?

Also, that.