Photoshop Cs3

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by .HaVoC., Apr 11, 2006.

1. DarkPrince11

DarkPrince11 Well-Known Member

Some more filter effects and the ability to group layers together other then the smart object tool..smart object is cool and all but it doesnt offer that much funtionality.. <_<

2. beatsta

beatsta Well-Known Member

Better grouping, when i've got a 500+ layer template it's hard to scroll through all the layers so they should have a 'tree' sort of system so i can view only groups.

3. Under619Taker

Under619Taker Senior Member

indeed, well if you have 512RAM (like me) or 1GB or Higher, then you don't have to worry about that really, but sometimes when I am tabbing between programs, it takes a second for CS2 to load the interface. ohhh and maybe a diff interface, even though the one now it fine :-)

4. Ruler46

Ruler46 Well-Known Member

Strange how much ive heard about CS2 using tons of resources, is my comp just good enought for me not to notice it?

Maybe less bugs if you run at same time as certain things, Like when the brush window starts Flicking on and off until you minimize when you run a scan with F Secure

5. madmav

madmav Well-Known Member

Well , I dont lag at all with cs2 :| but thats cos i've a gig ram..
    but its still a lil resource haevy.
    :|

6. Shift_Six

Shift_Six Well-Known Member

yeah me too^^

but i know allot of ppl who have problems running cs2
    lag and starting up

and the crop tool must be more precise!
    and more filters would be nice

7. smallpau1

smallpau1 Senior Member

I want it so when you open something up, i want the background laye to not be locked, so you can edit the layer without duplicating, i hate forgetting to do that...

Dont really know what else i would want changed, but someone always thinks of something new to come out with that i know i will like sometime, that i just cannot think of.

8. .:[r]:.

.:[r]:. Well-Known Member

Broken's and Beasta's suggestions are very interesting.... filters to act as adjustment layers... different layer views.... very nice.

My suggestions would be to build on Photoshop's vector capabilities and to make a more extensive plugin system, one that is easy for third party coders to develop for. Plugins that deal with interface, customization, and functionability would be a great help, instead of some crappy filter effects.

9. Zohair

Zohair Formerly zohBOT

someone todl me it'll require 2GB of RAM Minimum :S

10. DiabloDj1

DiabloDj1 Well-Known Member

Maybe for huge documents...

you should be fine for sigs, logo's etc :P

11. Zohair

Zohair Formerly zohBOT

Ahh thats nice to hear

12. beatsta

My 256mb ram must be pwnage.
    I don't lag that bad.

13. Butch.

Butch. Well-Known Member

Just months after the release of Adobe Photoshop CS2, Think Secret has obtained several notes regarding Photoshop CS3, as well as word that Adobe may be developing two other yet unannounced products: Adobe Acrobat 3D and Adobe Full Frame.

Adobe is exploring offering two versions of Photoshop CS3, a Standard version and a Premium version. According to one plan under consideration, some principle new features, such as Camera Raw 4, would be available to both versions, while other functionality, such as Vanishing Point 2, would be available with more advanced options in the Premium version. Still other features, such as rotoscoping that was introduced in CS2, would be moved exclusively to the Premium package.

Sources have also disclosed that Photoshop CS3 will include significant improvements to non-destructive image editing and that the software is prepped to receive a rather significant interface overhaul that will better organize tools and options. Tablet users will be pleased to learn that Photoshop CS3 will adopt a number of features Corel currently packs into Painter, including an easily rotatable canvas designed to mimic drawing on paper. Vanishing Point 2 will also improve Photoshop's perspective-based editing, introduced in CS2, by allowing objects to wrap around multiple surfaces, measure distances, and export to CAD applications. Photoshop CS3 will also deliver significant performance improvements to Camera Raw and include new measurement and scale tools.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Source

im guessing adobe acrobat 3d will be similar to 3dsmax, and c4d

Little copy paste from my clans website, gives your some information on CS3.

14. beatsta

Sounds good, i love doing speed paintings in corel painter so it would be good to see some features from that intergrated into photoshop

15. Teh_King

Teh_King Well-Known Member

maybe make it less .... free