Photography Competition

Discussion in 'Photography' started by SomeSaySTiCk, Oct 21, 2008.

Sponsored By: BAK Factory Outlet
  1. SomeSaySTiCk

SomeSaySTiCk Well-Known Member

I don't know which one I should choose, Opinions on which I should pick plz.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. }SoC{SainT

}SoC{SainT Well-Known Member

The crab one. It has better colors and composition :)

3. spartan117

spartan117 Senior Member

Yeah I prefer the crab one. Although that might change depending on the theme of the contest.

4. Z.A.R

Z.A.R Well-Known Member

What is the theme of the competition? To tell you the truth neither of them. I would reshoot them. The photos have potential. Get the entire plate into the shot or have a specific focus with shallow depth of field. They both are very irratic compositionaly and cut off on the edges which is only good with some photos. This case it is bad. It looks like all you did was take a picture of your food. Re-think it. What do you want your audience to see. Don't just take the picture because you think it looks cool take it to show something. Manipulate the photo to present it how you want the audience to see it. Why did you take the photo? That is the question you want your audience to answer. If all they get out of it is, this is what I ate and its a bad photo compositionally then you have lost.

I am not being I jerk I just think you need to re-think the photo and re-shoot.

But if you can't reshoot and depending on the theme, I would go with the crab photo.