PaRTY LiKE A RoCKSTaR

Discussion in 'Movies' started by elegy`, Jun 5, 2007.

1. AG hiPnOtiX

AG hiPnOtiX Well-Known Member

i guess it makes some people feel gangster

2. iPro

iPro Senior Member

The song is retarded. I'm sorry, it is. The songs name is "party like a rockstar", yet, there is absolutely no rock, or traces of rock (except all the posers putting up the fingers.. yea, posers)
    Watching this video is the equivalent to watching a white person get "crunk". It doesn't work.

~iPro

3. M Deezy

M Deezy Senior Member

yup

4. azn_rebel99

azn_rebel99 Well-Known Member

hmmm... i like the song. Yes the words are pretty repetitive, but I really like the beat. That is what gets me.

5. pHaNTaZtiK.

pHaNTaZtiK. Well-Known Member

Most of these new groups are the very alike...nothing outstanding. In the end I like more old school hiphop/rap or freestyle because its not the same...rap these days is just 20 words repeated around a nice beat, throw in some rappers, cars, and some fine bitches and there we have it a new hit.

6. Hadouken

Hadouken Well-Known Member

Exactly, I don't even listen to much of the new rap anymore.

7. Coolguy

Coolguy Well-Known Member

Sorry if I hurt your feelings or something but

it looks like some people are being haters right now.

Party like a rockstar is a pretty good song. If you dont like it, then you dont like hip-hop, or like that style of hiphop

Someone else said they didn't like Umbrella... Seriously?

And so what if Shop Boyz have a Z instead of a S.. Since when does that make a difference. And no its not to feel more gangster, its because if it would of been shop boys, that seems.. well, lame.

You know thats not true.

8. Blue_fire

Blue_fire Well-Known Member

Good song.

9. <HITMAN

<HITMAN Well-Known Member

I like how this Has more views than My topics
    good but over played we need dope boy fresh .. u no the works

10. Hadouken

Hadouken Well-Known Member

Thats pretty strong words talking about a band that just came out and is talking about partying like a rockstar. :lol:

11. iPro

iPro Senior Member

Adding a "z" instead of an "s" was cool for about 2 seconds, in like... 2nd grade?

As a matter of fact, it is true. Look at peoples rap songs these days, look at their music videos. Every one has big asses, stacks of money, and a rapper with more gold then Fort Knox. Do I need to post some examples..?
    The best rap ever was by far Cypress Hill, NWA, and Eazy E. The old school age had the best hits, even the Biggy/Tupac era was great rap.

~iPro

12. Coolguy

Coolguy Well-Known Member

I dont know where you come from but where i live, if you white, or even mexican, no one will say your a poser.

you noticed.. Since when are black people are not allowed to throw up a rock sign? right now, your acting pathetic.

Now, when you say

Those "extra" vowels to that "simple" word song, really was the number one song for many weeks on not only radio stations, but also channels like MTV and BET. So unless those millions of people are stupid because they weren't like you and complain about extra vowels, you cant say that song is stupid and shoudnt even be called a song.

Yet they make a lot more money then you.

Why dont you watch the video called

Stronger by kanye west. Maybe that will help you change your opinion that NOT EVERYONE has big asses and stacks of money.

So if you like old school rap, just listen to it, dont complain about this. I respect your opinion, just not when you say most of the number one songs are gay...

13. Snooze

Snooze Well-Known Member

Rappers make more money than "us" because:

The music is simple, easy to write, and cheap to produce. It's easy money for MTV and some record company.

People see a music video on MTV with muscular black guys (sex appeal to girls) and chicks with huge asses (sex appeal to guys).

Also, there are just people who listen to rap to be "hardcore."

14. iPro

iPro Senior Member

I never said that their not allowed, but that is the equivalent to a white person getting "crunk".

Who said anything about being stupid? Those are just my opinions, and most of the people I know.

I respect your opinion aswell, but unfortunately, when you look at the facts, most number ones are all about the same thing (notice I said MOST, "Pop, Lock and Drop it", "Wipe me down" for examples) are about getting in bed with every chick they can.

Those are just my views on most rap these days. Ofcourse, your will be different, and I respect that, but I thought that I would put this out on the table.

~iPro

15. Snooze

Snooze Well-Known Member

Also, Coolguy, if you're going to quote:

You need to include iPro's whole argument: (If you want to make a valid remark.)

iPro makes a good point. IMO.