Parkour / Weight-training

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DiabloDj1, Mar 16, 2006.

1. DiabloDj1

DiabloDj1 Well-Known Member

yea..He's like a legend. Got any good vids by him? I couldnt find any that worked.

There's another one who's really good too, i forget his name...
    How do you properly pronounce, Parkour? just like, the word park, then our in english or what..im not good with pronounciation.

2. Jack ACE Sawyer

Jack ACE Sawyer Well-Known Member

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=david+belle

Watch the Chase Scene, it's awsome. Jackie who? lol

3. Aiden

Aiden Well-Known Member

I hate to break the news to you, but I do not read health and fitness, i got all of that from my football coaches... so you might want to get over yourself

4. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Wow that chase seen was tight.

5. DiabloDj1

DiabloDj1 Well-Known Member

Yea that was pretty awesome, thanks.

I just got back from a jog. bout 2.32 miles (using mapquest)
    Did not stop once which is good.

I was tired a bit after, but it didnt take me long to catch my breathe and all. Had some pasta cuz it has carbs and I believe carbs=energy, although I may be wrong.

6. xlink

xlink GR's Tech Enthusiast

and my friend got a bad back from listening to his foot ball coach and doing deadlifts at 2rep max of season, half the time they don't know shid.

doing higher reps builds muscle density which allows for increased endurance. While it is true that abs are composed of slow twitch muscle, they do contain enough fast twitch muscle to keep the effective rep zoen higher than 300reps a day. When you absorb the impact of a 10 foot fall 10 feat you only need to have endurance for a fraction of a second, but you need to have as much as possible absorbed ina relatively short period of time after which they can be at rest for a relatively short period of time.

based on the ratio of slow twitch muscle fiber to fast twitch muscle fiber in your, they develop the fastest at 20-30 reps where the last rep is at failure. The only muscles I know of which contain more slow twich fiber than the abs would eb those in your calves and those in your neck.

Also consider the fact that with each contraction, you are damaging muscle fiber, at the high of volume, you aren't stimulating or overloading the abs fully to make your body produce more muscle as they require more resistence and thus hypertrophy is not incited, yet you have muscular damage which is accruing pointlessly.

Here is some advice, titan

USE GOOGLE
    http://www.google.com/search?q=abs+high+re...:en-US:eek:fficial

7. Aiden

Aiden Well-Known Member

Im sorry that I don't rely on the internet for anything, and I really don't care what your friend did during dead lifts, are dont make us do them for that reason...

8. xlink

well you realize the point of training your back is to prevent it from snapping when you are tacked by a 2-300lb guy, right?

does your coach train you for football or for balet?

9. Aiden

Aiden Well-Known Member

If you break your back just from being tackled, then you shouldn't be playing, i have been a million times, and never once hurt my back. and they are teaching us FOOTBALL, we went 7-3 in a 5A district. plus you wear shoulder pads, and are running backs and QB's wear lower back braces so there entire back is padded.

10. JohnnyCash

JohnnyCash Well-Known Member

Good luck dude. I may get into Parkour too this summer...if I can undertake the HUGE journey!

XD

11. xlink

news for you, if you end up with 3 guys on top of you it's a possibility hence the reaso to strengthen your back as a preventative measure.

What the hell is the point of strengthening your abs(although inneffectively I might add) if it's not to prevent spinal injury?

12. Dush

Dush Well-Known Member

yeah im a traceur, been doing it long time now soo, we stopped for a bit for health purposes and were going to start again in summer.

13. X-Gogeta

X-Gogeta Well-Known Member

Hmmzzz.. Lol, i just ´do´ parkour. Just run in busy places and through obstacles. Its ownage but i broke my leg so i quited it.

14. -Verve-

-Verve- Well-Known Member

And you know everything about being fit and healthy? Get over yourself man, your acting like your better than everyone else and that we know jack ---- about lifting.

15. Jack ACE Sawyer

Jack ACE Sawyer Well-Known Member

See the bold? That's why you broke your leg...