Pacific Design

Discussion in 'Website Design and Coding' started by Ravr, Apr 13, 2010.

1. Ravr

Ravr _______________

2. Man of Valor

Man of Valor Well-Known Member

I was checking out some of your other stuff mate and I can see you have alot of potential as a web-designer. The reason why I say that is because (1) your designs are creative & (2) you are not afraid to experiment.

The thing I like about your designs is the creative use of photography, gradients, and transparencies of navigational and contextual items. That being said I think you need to experiment a bit more with using grid layouts and I think what would be really beneficial if you started learning HTML/CSS code. There are somethings that work code wise and so knowing the limitations, you can ultimately design around these problems.

For example, this layout is amazing because the photo in the background can be repeated and it follows some sort of grid and code wise its easy and practical to maintain. Ultimately I think the more code you know the better designer you can be.

I would reiterate that you have some amazing and very creative pieces. Keep up the good work and keep on practicing. :)

3. Ravr

Ravr _______________

thanks for your comment :)

I can code html/css :p but havent done it in a while.
    The design you linked to was one of the last things that i actually coded.

+ next year i will actually start an education which contains alot of webdesigning :p