Our Present Day World

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SomeThingCreepy, Sep 6, 2006.

1. aplix

aplix Well-Known Member

i thot the main excuse for going to war was due to Weapons of mass destruction...

2. HBRedRider

HBRedRider Well-Known Member

It wasn't over land. As soon as the Iraqi government is gone we will leave Iraq. Believe it or not, no one wants American soldiers there any longer than they have to be, even if they support the war. Once the job is finished the US will back out and leave Iraq to decide its own fate.

3. Machiavelli X

Machiavelli X Well-Known Member

umm... Are you kidding yourself? Iraq harbored Terrorism? Sure maybe. But the basis for WAR was WMD's! Not Terroirst! Iraq did not have a terroirst problem! Egypt supposedly has terroirst, why didnt we invade them? Why didnt we invade the other 20+ nations that supposedly "harbor" terroirst? Iraq HAD almost as few terroirst as any other nations. THROUGH the actions of the western imperalism did the west CREATE terrorism in Iraq.

4. SomeThingCreepy

SomeThingCreepy Well-Known Member

Wrong.

Here
    Here
    Here
    Here
    Here

Merged Post:

and people no longer remember that ;(

Now back to the main point of the topic. Why our media is so BIASED!!!!

5. HBRedRider

None of these incidents were authorized for by the government. Any army in a prolonged conflict will have issues. These are horrible and are not justified, but they are rogue soldiers acting on their own impulses, which cannot be completely controlled. Even if you don't see the result of the punishment it is because the military is ashamed for such incidents and would of course like to cover it up as much as possible.

6. Amoebassassin

Amoebassassin Well-Known Member

...as would any other government on the planet with any sense at all.

7. HBRedRider

Thanks for bringing that up as well but terrorism was a part of it because it was the terrorists who were looking to use the WMD's. Also, we never actually found them (to my knowledge) so I would rather not discuss them and instead include it under the category of terrorism in general.

8. aplix

aplix Well-Known Member

from what i remember reading and hearing from the press I thought that we went as in America and the U.K went to war because SADAM was posing as a great threat and hiding WMDs.... i remember when all the weapons inspectors went out because one of them was my friends dad. and then Sadam hiding them, and then it all kicked off...but i think we are losing track of the actual topic here.

9. Machiavelli X

Well, time and time again, history has shown that this sort of thing isn't the isolated actions of a few "bad apples," but rather the direct out growth of imperialism. It flows from the very essence of the imperialist system.

From the My Lai massacre, to Abu Ghraib, to Haditha, to the ----ing "Marine's New Hymn," to this, these are not just "isolated incidents" that the imperialists and their sympathizers keep claiming.

Merged Post:

Get your facts straight kid! No terroirst were trying to get WMD's from Iraq. Stop listing to fox news

10. HBRedRider

They are isolated incidents, no matter what they came from. No one authorized the soldiers to go do the things some of them did. It isn't right, but the US is not the only one who has had problems. All countries have problems with their militaries, just actions with the US are getting a lot of publicity right now by war opposers.

Merged Post:

And I am not saying terrorist were trying to steal the WMDs. If Iraq used them or harbored terrorist, then it would be considered an act of terrorism.

And please be more mature and don't resort to name calling.

11. SomeThingCreepy

SomeThingCreepy Well-Known Member

you sound as if it's alright for a country's army to rape a 14 year old girl, kill her, and her friends...

12. HBRedRider

I didn't say it was alright. The offenders should be severely punished, but I am only stressing that it is not the governments fault and should not reflect back on it.

13. aplix

aplix Well-Known Member

Machiavelli X i think ur starting to get a little personal instead of just discussing an issue...maybe u shud just calm down a little bit.

14. [.BC.] bsk84091

[.BC.] bsk84091 Well-Known Member

yea well i live in America and i went to Italy i would love to get away from America so badly

15. Machiavelli X

When someone conistenly states inncorrect facts it kind of pisses me off. Sorry