Our Present Day World

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SomeThingCreepy, Sep 6, 2006.

1. SomeThingCreepy

SomeThingCreepy Well-Known Member

Ok, so you think we invaded them for the sake of the people? Why go to Iraq? That is nothing compared to what is STILL happening in Africa. There is a Genocide of millions upon millions of people. If you want to go to a country and save thousands of people, send mercenaries to Africa. SAVE THEM!

So, if it wasn't for the people. Why would we invade?

Let's think about this.

Why do countries go to war with eachother?

Why has ANY country at ANY time gone to war?

Jealousy.

One country has something, that another does not. So the country does not have, invades the country that does. The Haves and Have nots.

What does Iraq have that we need?

OIL.

So, you still think we invaded to help the people? What did we do to help them? We helped them start a civil war? OH BOY! WE SO SAVED THEM! WE JUST MADE THEM KILL MORE OF THEMSELVES THAN BEFORE WE INVADED!!! WE ARE SO GOOD SOULED!

Honestly, watch the video i linked above, about Israel/Palestine. You will be happy you have.

2. [.BC] Spectra

[.BC] Spectra Well-Known Member

look i scimmed through this and i hve three things to say. from what i read.

1.u want the US to be perfect.to bad life sucks DEAL
    2.the US still probally gives its citizens if not the most freedom then there rlly close
    3.if you live in the US and your not happy why sit here complaining. go move to neutral canada for all we care no1 is stopping you

3. SomeThingCreepy

Why does everyone say that? If you don't like it go away?

I don't know about you, but if I don't like something I CHANGE IT to something that EVERYONE likes.

4. HBRedRider

HBRedRider Well-Known Member

We went to Iraq to help the people, but probably wouldn't have done that if there were no terrorists attacks. The US did not want a war and it was started because Iraq harbored terorrism. Saddam needed to be removed from office, and the people also needed to be freed as well. The main issue was retaliation from the terrorist attacks and were acts for America's safety.

Africa has not threatend us, I feel like it would be good to go help there but right now the US does not have the capabilities. America isn't looking for wars, it was sucked into Iraq.

Also, even with the "invasion" of privacy the US still offers more rights than most other countries in the world.

5. [.BC] Spectra

another thing since i didnt read this post.this caught my eye

Why has ANY country at ANY time gone to war?

Jealousy.

jealousy?? were people jealous when they went to war to gain more land.. i think not. were we jealous when we decided to go to iraq because they killed 2000+ of our people in terroism. ---- NO we wanted to kill those sons of bitches and bring those INNOCENT PEOPLE THAT WERE KILLED JUSTICE.

another thing u said..

"So, you still think we invaded to help the people? What did we do to help them? We helped them start a civil war? OH BOY! WE SO SAVED THEM! WE JUST MADE THEM KILL MORE OF THEMSELVES THAN BEFORE WE INVADED!!! WE ARE SO GOOD SOULED!"

before we invaded they were still being killed because of mass killings from sadam hussein.. genocide??????? . and civil war. what happened after the US had a civil war. we became the best dam nation out there. maybe same effect on iraq

hey i only got one more question for you.. hows it feel to get schooled in politcs by a kid thts only 15?

6. Machiavelli X

Machiavelli X Well-Known Member

Yes of course every politician has used fear of an enemy to either rally the masses in a direction that favors the person controlling the fear. No country is exempt from this because naturally all politicians are corrupt. The majority of the population in America isn’t of the highest intelligence especially the youth and young adults, it always seems there minds aren’t focused on school or greater learning they seem to care more about when is the party than who we are invading or who we are working with. With that said, when I look around I see a population of un-concerned citizens who could care less who there politician is. But we still have people turning out and voting, I highly doubt these people actually take the time to research there politicians political views on different subjects. They base there vote off of who they see. How do these politicians get there image out to the people? Through TV campaigns, passing out flyers, holding rallies etc.... Do you think someone can in all reality launch a campaign based off of individual donations? Hell no. Those TV ads don’t come cheap. With that said, not all people can participate in law because in order to become a politician and win an election you must be corrupt. You must have someone funding you, and it is the corporations that pay for these ads that give the majority of money to the politician. And if a politician were to not accept the donations then he or she would not be able to reach out and show them selves to the masses, so essential it is an endless cycle of corruption. The rich run everything while the working class suffers. So as long there is a ruling class there will always be a politician to be there to do there bidding. This is why I trust no politician, I trust no government official because as you stated there their true motives are not always outwardly revealed and so long as the rich exist, so long as corruption will occur and the people will be oppressed. No nation is exempt to this, especially Iran and Syria. There is no longer a need to conquer lands as before. Instead the western nations are now using proxies to complete there imperialistic goals. Look at Musharraf of Pakistan, he oppress his own people to please the Americans. He allows the Americans to bomb his towns and villages with almost no objection, this is sicking. I will not just sit back and allow my people to be oppressed by the lap-dog governments of the Islamic world. There are many tactics the west uses in order to accomplish there imperialistic goals. Now the west especially the US is using the tactic of helping developing or under developed nations by giving them billions of dollars of loans to build there country. They hire American companies do build there countries up. And essential when they build the country up they make it so the economy can not run if they don’t deal with the west, which now enables the west to use sanctions so effectively. But this does 2 things, the first is the one I just mentioned but the second is that by loaning them the billions of dollars they make it so that the country in question can not pay it back. They use this as political leverage so that they can count on the nation to help them either with military support or economic support or helping them impose sanctions on other nations and many other things. You may think that by building up the nation they are helping the people but this is incorrect because they are entrancing and building over the natives land and using the land to build a factory to exploit the workers of the country, it doesn’t help anyone BUT the rich people. Sorry I went a bit off topic but it all still applies it just shows that western nations use different tactics to accomplish there goal. Also just because something is violent doesn’t all ways mean it is bad. I know this may

7. HBRedRider

I agree with most of your points, but we didn't go for revenge. We went to Iraq to put a stop to terrorism and to protect our country. We didn't go to kill people for revenge, that would be just as bad, and is not what happened.

8. SomeThingCreepy

You can easily direcrtly connect the terrorist attacks to Iraq, as well as Iran, Sudan, Lebanon, Moracco, Egypt, United Arab Emirates. Why not attack Iran? Why not attack Sudan? Why not Lebanon? Why not Morraco, Why not the UAE? Why not Egypt?

That's right! We send our soldiers to go die in foreign area because some random country has a terrorist in it!

Egypt has terrorist groups in it. Lebanon too! But are we invading them? No.

9. Machiavelli X

Umm.. sorry HBR but we did not go to Iraq to stop "terrorism" was there any "Terroirist" in Iraq? NO! They are in your capital buliding. Killing innocent people in Iraq is in NO way protecting my rights or any1 elses.

10. aplix

aplix Well-Known Member

sorry ******DELETE ME********

11. [.BC] Spectra

psh i bet for every 50 of there soldies tht die 1 of ours die.and um actually shows how much u know weve been to iran and we went to iraq because saddam was there and thts were osama was supposidely spotted.

12. aplix

aplix Well-Known Member

dude i remember it, it made me laugh and proves how the media can manipulate and twist a story... <_<

13. SomeThingCreepy

YES!!! THEY WENT TO WAR FOR LAND! THEY WERE JEALOUS FOR NOT HAVING THAT LAND!

[/quote]were we jealous when we decided to go to iraq because they killed 2000+ of our people in terroism. ---- NO we wanted to kill those sons of bitches and bring those INNOCENT PEOPLE THAT WERE KILLED JUSTICE.[/quote]

Your right, we weren't jealous because they killed 2000+ of our people, because Iraq didn't kill 2000+ of our people. Who did? AL QAEDA!

But were we jealous of Iraq? We were jealous because they had oil, and what did we want? more oil!
    -_-;

14. Machiavelli X

OSAMA was "supposdel" spotted in IRAQ! Get your facts kid. America is the most advanced intelligence agaency in the world and we are gonna offf of "supposed" sightings? Your kidding your self right?

15. HBRedRider

Iraq harbored terrorism, Saddam would not deny it. That is why we went to Iraq. We are also in other areas in the Middle East as Sandmanx said, not just Iraq, although that is where the largest events have taken place.

Secondly, the US does NOT target civiliains. Suicide bombers may endanger civiliains but the US army has never directed nor authorized an attack on civilians. The very terrorists we are attempting to stop are killing their own civilians.