One Flag One Nation

Discussion in 'Photography' started by Logicaly, Feb 26, 2009.

Sponsored By: BAK Factory Outlet
  1. Logicaly

Logicaly Senior Member

2. Neuron

Neuron Senior Member

Nice picture, though the tree in the right is a bit distracting.

You could have added some postwork in Photoshop to help fix the colors and contrast a bit.

3. Logicaly

Logicaly Senior Member

I probably could have, and probably should have...but generally anything I shoot, I leave it as I shot it, for two reasons...not that great with photoshop, would probably make it worse...and two, that way its purely based upon my photographic talent.

4. }SoC{SainT

}SoC{SainT Well-Known Member

How intense do you want your feedback? :P

I like the tree on the right, and overall enjoy the composition. The lighting is a bit harsh, but frames the flag nicely, while giving the tree an interesting texture. It was a good call to keep that much of the ground in the foreground too. Just a bit busy, and your red looks washed out. Were you working in a different color space?

What I really like is how the flag is framed by clear blue sky. It's the only thing in that pocket of blue there, so it's the very first thing I saw. Having it so bright will also draw my eye back to it. That's why I brought up the reds: a brighter red would draw the eye even more, since it's the only red you really see (ignoring the slight splashes here or there).

Now I really like that tree. I would have had a hay day with it, since it has such cool lighting and texture. I'm apparently a complete sucker for both of those, so I guess I just realized what my final project will be focusing on. Thanks! :D