~~**official Playstation 3 Thread**~~

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Blazeman, Feb 27, 2006.

1. chao^

chao^ Well-Known Member

SEXY consol!

2. Balthier

Balthier Well-Known Member

Erm....PSN is free.
    Just remember one thing.Xbox live didn't happen overnight,so there really isn't much you can get from the store for now(but Gran Turismo HD is free and Tekken 5 DR is whooopin 15 dollas).

3. HOOD PROPHET

HOOD PROPHET Well-Known Member

SO what if psn is free il rather pay for a good service thats why sony hardly gives a flying f*ck about online

4. Balthier

Oh,that's right.XBL had an overnight success. /sarcasm
    Seriously,i have no idea what you expect from PSN.It's a service which has been working for like 4 months tops and it's natural that it isn't on the level of XBL.Sure,it isn't perfect but even in early stages it shows potential.Having GTHD demo for free,Tekken DR for 15 whoopin dollas,almost lag free online play is not a small thing.Flip the coin on the other side and you will see that it shines 10x more than XBL in it's beggining.

5. HOOD PROPHET

well psn has had a good amount of time to up its game put it never, oh long ago was central network first open, got to be at least 4 years of so

6. Balthier

You mean PS2 online.
    Hell,the online PS2 had was just there for the sake of being there.Sony didn't really give a ---- about it until they saw what kind of reception it recieved on Xbox and Dreamcast.They just scrapped something together just so they could call it online.Basicly,PS2 online is a free online service witnout XBL add-ons.This time it's different.Even thought it's been runnin for 4 years,PSN was completely redesigned for PS3(started from scratch if you will).It's like a newborn baby.It needs time to mature.I never saw a baby mature in 4 months.

7. HOOD PROPHET

i was talkin about experience wise they have had alot of time just that the cant be arsed to do something about it

8. 4sHiZz_Le

4sHiZz_Le Well-Known Member

the ps3 is good dont get me wrong but the xbox live online is far supperior than any other system currently out.

9. Balthier

Have fun paying $50 a year.

10. HOOD PROPHET

PSN will never be on scale the XBL, one reason why because it has no funding for the customer, thats why the online is so crap and hardly any developers want to create games based around the online multiplayer, take lost planet for an example it was orginally comin to both consoles in early development but because the wanted the online to big great they made it an exclusive

11. Balthier

Now that just came straight from your ass.The developers said no such thing.The only thing they said was that "bringing the game to ps3 is a possibilty if the game doesn't sell well."They were only implying that it might appear on ps3.I highly doubt it but whatever.

12. I_R_BACK_I_R_LOSER

I_R_BACK_I_R_LOSER Well-Known Member

Do you not think xbox live will get better over the year? Developer support for xbox live will continue to grow and PSN is going to have to try to keep up and provide a suitable service for devs. Already virtua tennis doesn't have an online component on the Ps3.

13. Balthier

http://www.gamersreports.com/news/3970/vir...or-ps3-version/
    "Apparently, Producer Mie Kumagai from Sega said that Sony has not delivered the necessary information about their online network to make coding the online mode possible."
    This is more Sony's fault then PSN's.
    It better not happen again.

14. Echomander

Echomander Well-Known Member

You know, I hate fanboys, generally. I think we could just calm down. You could say that you get what you pay for generally, and that could be true currently for online of these consoles.
    Still, 1 month more till PS3 comes out here, kind of waiting for it; haven't played a Wii or any 360 games, handled a controller and played halo on it though :P.

15. xlink

xlink GR's Tech Enthusiast

so, what's happened with the European PS3 launch party? I'd heard it happened like today or something like that. Someone was saying it was considered a failure, but I'm not sure. anyone inform me?