~~**official Playstation 3 Thread**~~

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Blazeman, Feb 27, 2006.

1. Blazeman

Blazeman Am I Evil?

Playstation 3

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

When will PS3 come out?
    At the end of a promotional video played during the PlayStation 3 launch event, the words “Spring 2006” were displayed on the screen – thus implying the console will be released sometime during this period. When exactly, and to which countries, is currently unknown. The rumors, however, point to a worldwide launch in March 2006.

bWhat features will it have?
    All of the features it was expected to have, and more! We have put up the full list of technical specifications HERE so you can see a detailled list of everything. Arn't we nice?

How much will it cost?
    Typically the last two generations of the PlayStation have been priced at around $300 at launch. Both have continuously decreased in price year on year into their life, its quite likely PS3 will do the same. It's not known how much it will cost but around $300 is probably a fair guess, as this is the maximum price most gamers would be willing to pay. There are some unexpected extra features, such as the 2 HDMI outputs and 3 Gigabit RJ45 LAN connections, that will likely drive the price tag up a fair amount!

Will PS3 play PS2 and PS1 games?
    Yes! They will! Sony Computer Entertainment boss Ken Kutaragi has confirmed that the PlayStation 3 will feature backwards compatibility with the PS2 and PSone, ensuring continued support for older software formats in the new hardware. Later it was confirmed again at the Sony’s E3 conference that the PS3 will be fully backwards compatible with PS1 and PS2 games. There hasn’t been any confirmation though if the PS3 will make PS2 games look better when playing like the PS2 did with PS1 games.

What will PS3 look like?
    The PS3 design was unveiled at Sony’s E3 conference. It has an “outward feel” compared to the Xbox360’s “inward feel”. The console is approximately 13.5 inches in length and 3.5 inches wide as reported by IGN. This in contrast to the PS2 design is much larger and is closer in size to the original Xbox in size. The console’s “outward” design gives it a larger footprint for the console to stand vertically on its own without an add-on stand. The drive bay sits on the right side like the PS2 but instead of using a tray the discs slide into the drive much like a car CD player. Also the drive sits slightly back in the design giving the console a reminiscent look to the original Nintendo Entertainment System. Finally the console has the words “Playstation3” across the side in a font that is very close to the font used in Sony Pictures’ Spiderman movie.

How powerful will the PS3 be?
    On paper, the PS3 is 2x more powerful than the Xbox 360 and 15x more powerful than the Nintendo Revolution. It has a processing capacity of 2.18 TFLOPS, which is put into context when you realise the FASTEST computers in existence can only do 36 Terraflops. It is said to be 35x more powerful than the PlayStation 2 is.

Will PS3 games be playable online?
    Yes, at Sony’s E3 conference they confirmed that Sony will have an online service very comparable to Microsoft’s Xbox Live service.

Don't get confused about the xbox360 being more powerful than the PS3...the XBOX360 already has major flaws to it like!!! The system heating up and the disks being stratched from inside the system. Now these are some little flaws, but overall its still a problem. The PS3 is using the blue-ray disk which is something new, which means you better not scratch it becuase you will not get this game to play :P.

All i have to say is: PS3 FTW

-Blazeman

2. Dush

Dush Well-Known Member

wow looks hawt. nice design, and assets, kicks poo into all other consoles out. anyway the only down point of it I think is the controller, looks wicked and better and everything but by good my hands arent that big. it will be hard to get used to. cant wait. saving up now.

3. Bilou

Bilou Well-Known Member

I heard that it will be very expensive. Around the price of two Xbox 360´s. I have decided to get both, but Sony kept releasing some pre-rendered game trailers, which sucked for most people. It is looking really great, but it may even be delayed to year 2007 in Europe. That sucks...

The controller sucks, but they said they are designing a new or something... So Xbox 360 and PS3 it is, if I can afford PS3 at all...

4. cyzlak

cyzlak Well-Known Member

Yeah controller sux so I'll just keep using my PS2 Dual Shock :D. Looks like a sexy bit of kit, cant wait to get my hands on it. Hopefully this time around it will feature full Dolby 5.1 Surround in-game support, I was disappointed that the PS2 didn't feature that (only in pre-rendered cutscenes)

5. Ded Lee

Ded Lee Well-Known Member

Metal Gear Solid 4 made me stain my pants :blink:

6. Sexiom_____SPAM

Sexiom_____SPAM Well-Known Member

Word Up! :D

7. setokaiba12

setokaiba12 New Member

yeah people didnt like the controler at first but it looks pretty cool, i cant wait for devil may cry 4

8. stokey

stokey Well-Known Member

I'm not a great fan Of Ps but i have to admitt that the ps3 is looking good. Good Graphics, and it looks sleek. But i hate the controllers lol
    Plus its set to have got a heavy price tag. Glad i got an xbox 360 :D but its looking very good.

9. Kevzaz

Kevzaz Well-Known Member

How can it have a heavy price tag if there is no price tag yet?

10. Gunner Paine

Gunner Paine Well-Known Member

good post on the ps3

11. Trax

Trax Well-Known Member

PS3 4 t3h w!n. I'm so going to get it once it dropped in price!

12. rotting.away

rotting.away Well-Known Member

Exactly, all the prices are rumors, and yet everyone believes them anyway. Anyway, the PS3 looks awsome, can't wait for MGS4.

13. SantaMayCry

SantaMayCry Well-Known Member

i will be impressed when i see REAL gameplay videos ;)

14. Parusa

Parusa Well-Known Member

Well, if it has the specifications Sony claimed it to have. We can not deny that it will own. I'm sure the price won't be that high. They do after all need to concurate against MS. The controller looks a bit weird. But in therms of confort and efficienty it will be better then the Dual Shock 2. Seriously, we aren't going to continue using the old controllers because the new and better one looks somewhat like a boomerang ?

15. Ruler46

Ruler46 Well-Known Member

Yay my Bdays in march, ill prob have enought to get one, But, Dam it'll be hard
    here xbox 360's hard around £279 (GBP) thats Around $ 350 Dollers

Are the rumours Near that price?