Offical Gr Crew

Discussion in 'Crew Leader Discussion' started by Logicaly, Feb 7, 2009.

1. Logicaly

Logicaly Senior Member

Would any of you crews interested in being an offical gr crew? We would work something out, to where we can have a battle, and the winning crew becomes the offical gr crew, and then we can have it setup to where if a crew meets certain requirements, they can challenge the offical gr crew to a battle, to try and become the offical gr crew? I would work out all the details of it, if its something you all would be interested in having your crews do.

Some rewards would be such as, allowing a crew to vote in the various competitions around the site, they pick their top 3 from each competition and the crew leader reports that to the staff and we count them as a vote towards those three. Have your artwork shown on the front page or something. Im sure we could work some stuff out.

2. Scooby.05

Scooby.05 Senior Member

AF would be cool doing it.

I like the idea and think it is very interesting.

3. [.BC.] Dr. Pepsi

[.BC.] Dr. Pepsi Well-Known Member

yeah, i think it would be nice. i don't think it's Bare Canvas's cup of tea (as i've explained earlier), but GR's crews have some amazing talent, and showcasing their work in a more official manner is a cool idea. perhaps combine this idea with the magazine idea and have a monthly design PDF on the front page? :D

4. Renagade

Renagade Senior Member

I think it'd be a great idea, but each crew leader would have to talk to it's crew members.

We've had problems with crew rivalries in the past, and I can see this would possibly increase those problems. We all remember the fights and accusations that crews have pushed on others and I'm just hoping that it would come to that, perhaps to an even higher extent, again.

We could at least try it for a while and see how it works out.

5. Shaggy

Shaggy Administrator Staff Member

What was the problem.

6. Renagade

Renagade Senior Member

That was the problem.

7. Shaggy

Well thats what you will get when crews compete. Its the name of the game. I think competion will be interesting in the crews as it will spark up interest, and have members want to better themselves to become the top Crew.

8. [.BC.] Dr. Pepsi

but some of us prefer to sit in the non-drama section, sir. :mellow: i'm all for increasing interest, but only for those who actually show interest. if you've only got 2 or 3 crews who are interested, you could easily set up a rotation, eh? ;)

9. dementia

dementia Well-Known Member

Frankly, the crews that sit back and stay out of the drama zone aren't likely to exist in v4.

We want increased activity, and one of the requirements to be a crew here is likely going to be competition, donating resources, etc. We aren't intending to keep the casual, fun loving crews around, even without this competition being in place. Crews are likely going to have fairly strict guidelines to follow, mostly regarding activity and the community here on GR.

This is, however, largely Logic's division of v4, so she certainly has the final say, but to my knowledge that is how it is going to be run.

10. [.BC.] Dr. Pepsi

hmmm

well, if it heads that way BC may have to change in some ways. i'mma feel out the crew.

11. Shaggy

How come you guys are so laid back? Don't you all want to show off your stuff rather then just share among yourselves?

12. Scooby.05

Scooby.05 Senior Member

AF shares it work among ourselves but we are also very vocal and active within the crew.
    We share among us because alot of us never got a good amount of reply's or we would get people who just post 1 word and thats it.

13. [.BC.] Dr. Pepsi

we don't have a problem showing our work off, not at all. many of our members post their work both in the crew forum as well as in the signature forum. i'd say the reason we're so laid back is we view graphics as basically a hobby. GR's a great place, and i think all of our members have fun here. problems come up when crew obligations and real life obligations start to conflict. if we can't do graphics when we want to, then it starts to feel like work - and who wants to work their limited spare time? :P

i think it also comes down to if GR is a member's primary destination on the web. if they aren't active at very many other places, then they'll be rather active here.

the thing is, GR's not my primary forum. it's about number 5 down the list of places i check when i go online. right now, i'm more into computer hardware, PC gaming, and learning more about overclocking. i still retain my interest in graphics, but my creative energy and curiosity are in other places at the moment. this isn't a permanent thing by any means, though. soon enough, i'll get tired of checking out component and heatsink reviews and i'll be making more sigs and renders.

i think most of BC is in the same boat. whether that means BC has to disband, or perhaps be labeled as something other than a crew...well, that's yet to be hammered out.