Obama As The Antichrist

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by .jrauck, Nov 6, 2008.

1. Mortified Penguin

Mortified Penguin Senior Member

Be that as it may, not even scientists can prove any theory to be true. They can study for hundreds of years and still not be able to prove it. They may have evidence of evolution but who is to say they didn't get it wrong? They may have found dinosaur bones that actually belonged to an extinct dog. They cannot prove it was from a dinosaur now can they? They have nothing to compare it to. You may say these guys have studied it all their lives and have researched for so long but all the research in the world won't help you if the guy who first wrote the book that the scientists read and base all their findings on, was wrong.

2. dementia

dementia Well-Known Member

They can prove nearly any theory they have beyond a reasonable doubt, which is all science is, its all that's required in a court of law, good enough for me, its essentially fact.

Scientists start their own research as well, most of them are too arrogant to leave their lives work to be based on someone elses work, not to mention that's a horribly stupid career choice.

3. Mortified Penguin

Well as I said on MSN, everyone here on GR will maintain the views regardless of their accuracy until they die and their theories are proven right or wrong. And by then, it's too late. You can't come back to tell anyone the truth because you are dead.

Until someone comes back from the dead (Not the Lazarus syndrome that you [Dementia] encountered a while back) and can tell us exactly what happens, I think we should keep our views and opinions on the matter to ourselves. After all, this is a graphics forum.

Alas, I realize my dream of everyone on GR leaving religion out of topics will never happen but ignorance is bliss.

4. .//XeN-

.//XeN- Well-Known Member

RELIGION ARGUEMENT LOLOLOLOLOLOL

5. r3m1x

r3m1x Well-Known Member

Who said we need a reason to be here? Humanity just keeps itself alive because it's compelled to by its instincts, no other reason. And as far as physics is concerned, your pondscum came from a very intricate and completely random assortment of hydrogen(matter) and energy. No one had to make the pond, just after an eternity of random matter movement and bonding, the pond just kinda happened to be created. Oh, and to answer your question, the big bang was the mixture of matter and energy. Don't ask me where they came from because I simply don't know, just like you don't know what color your God's undies are.

6. Mortified Penguin

Yes, that may sound all well and good in theory but how did the hydrogen and energy get there? It can't simply have always been there.

Now when saying God has always been there, might sound like I am contradicting myself but it's too hard for anyone in the world to explain, let alone me.

7. .//XeN-

you kinda just answered your own question there..

8. Mortified Penguin

How? It can't have always been there. Things don't just exist. Something has to have put them there.

9. .//XeN-

Yeah, and who put God there then?

10. ^o^ Sherry ^o^

^o^ Sherry ^o^ Well-Known Member

Anti-Christ will come from Europe not America... America will soon lose their world power...That's what I heard from church, anyway

11. Mortified Penguin

As I said X, I am not able to explain that. No-one is. You may then retort that the hydrogen and matter is impossible to explain but it isn't. God is a supernatural being (Not Harry Potter type stuff), He has the ability to just be. It's too much for anyone here to comprehend thus why most don't believe. They believe in what scientists say purely because scientists spend years "proving" their so called theories of evolution and that is the easy option. They see scientists with their findings, take that as proof purely because they can see it, so they believe it. Something as hard to believe as God scares them as they do not want someone higher then them in their lives. They want to be their only "boss", they want to make their own rules.

You will turn around and say no I'm not scared of something that doesn't exist but until you see it happen, how can you tell? He obviously won't let Himself be shown to us as He wants only those of faith to see Him without truly seeing him.

12. .//XeN-

possibly true that it isn't impossible to explain but as of yet science has not explained it.

I'm not trying to change your opinion or faith, I am merely pointing out that blind faith with no supporting evidence and evidence to the contrary is no better than scientific theory with not much supporting evidence. I do not believe in God myself, but I do not deny that he may exist. I just feel that sometimes people should accept that there is a possibility that he doesn't.

13. Mortified Penguin

I can believe He doesn't. I also believe he can and does. Besides when it comes down to it, what happens if I am right and there is a Heaven? I go to it and you guys go to Hell...that would suck...atleast if you chose a religion and you were wrong then it's no different to not believing but if you did have a religion and it was right then you know you wouldn't end up in Hell. If it is proven to exist.

No-one will know until they have fully passed on but that's life. Some people believe He does, others don't. And then there are those who think an obese guy is a god...

14. .//XeN-

tbh my knowledge of the entry requirements to heaven are limited but I think it's slightly more than just "say you're part of a religion."

Even if I did claim to be christian I would never properly believe in it all and then if God really existed he would know that and I'd be in hell anyway. Meh, I'll stay agnostic/athiest for now.

15. Mortified Penguin

Yes, I realize there's more to it then that.

Haha, that's funny.

Then again, I don't know what's supposed to happen in Heaven anyway and what is Hell exactly? If you're dead, can it actually hurt you?

We shall all see one day.